New EPass approvals - Sep 2021

I tot from eponline only able to see status "pending","reject" or "approve", without further explanation...?

LucasGrey wrote:

I'm in my 4th week of waiting for approval, thus far the status is still :

We need inputs from other agencies to process this application.

But seeing SG's covid case is rising, I'm a bit anxious, anyone knows if MOM had a history of stopping EP applications because of covid rise?

Thanks

When Covid was at its peak globally, including SG- the approvals were still coming in. Govt offices are open and business is as usual.

Do you have any idea what agency mom using?

My pending is 92 days already…recently I had same status.

Fanta21 wrote:

Are you still in pending or you're seeing "We need inputs from other agencies to process this application." as well?

Shekhz wrote:
LucasGrey wrote:

I'm in my 4th week of waiting for approval, thus far the status is still :

We need inputs from other agencies to process this application.

But seeing SG's covid case is rising, I'm a bit anxious, anyone knows if MOM had a history of stopping EP applications because of covid rise?

Thanks

When Covid was at its peak globally, including SG- the approvals were still coming in. Govt offices are open and business is as usual.

That's a relief, thank you so much shekhz!

SYYYY wrote:

I tot from eponline only able to see status "pending","reject" or "approve", without further explanation...?

From what I understand you can go directly pending -> approved / rejected , or pending -> waiting for vetting agencies -> we need inputs from other agencies -> approved / rejected

But I don't know if "we need inputs from other agencies" is the new "waiting for vetting agencies" because some people got both

LucasGrey wrote:
Fanta21 wrote:

Are you still in pending or you're seeing "We need inputs from other agencies to process this application." as well?

Yes. I'm confused what agencies they are waiting. Do you have any idea?

I see.
Thanks for the explanation. Appreciate !

Fanta21 wrote:
LucasGrey wrote:
Fanta21 wrote:

I have no clue, I read from the other posts it's usually verifying your education background etc. can involve calling your uni to verify your certificates.

Although MOM does have a list of background check agencies like avvanz

LucasGrey wrote:
Fanta21 wrote:
LucasGrey wrote:

I have no clue, I read from the other posts it's usually verifying your education background etc. can involve calling your uni to verify your certificates.

May i know all you are 1st time applying for the pass? Does the education certificates verifying is a must?

SYYYY wrote:
LucasGrey wrote:
Fanta21 wrote:

May i know all you are 1st time applying for the pass? Does the education certificates verifying is a must?

Yup I'm a first timer and I'm not sure, but I think MOM would like to check everything about you. Be as squeaky clean as possible hahaha

SYYYY wrote:
LucasGrey wrote:
Fanta21 wrote:

my certificate is in the mom's list but they did request for educational verification. I suggest you just do the verification before they ask. Mom only give me 2 weeks to complete it. So you may prepare it earlier in case they ask.

My status of “ …inputs from agencies…” appeared after I submitted the verification. So it looks strange to me.

MoM has 4 agencies listed that they leverage for background/ educational/ work related verification (unless there is a change since I read last), these are-

1. Dataflow
2. RMI
3. Avaanz
4. EeCheck

The prompt/ message on your application status implies MoM has engaged one of these to check any or all of your credentials/ background info.

This is usually the case if your University doesn't show up in the drop down list of the application page, or if there are any increased cases of people from a specific university or region with fraudulent degrees/ certs. Very common given the additional scrutiny and checks, both for renewals and new applications.

As an advice, though it is an investment per say, before you apply for a renewal or new application, engage either of the above recongnized agencies and get a pro-active verification done, it helps whilst you are in Singapore and wish to work here. If not today, the MoM team may ask during renewals, you don't want delays or unnecessary issues preventing you from securing your approvals.

The agencies claim to revert with a result within 30 working days, barring unforeseen circumstances.

Hi all,

Appreciate if you may give some suggestion. I had my first application rejected due to the wrong information of awarding institution country (should be China but submitted as UK). I had my second application submitted with the correct country but was requested for verification proof by authorised agency. Fortunately I got a positive result from RMI in 4 business days. The concern is the entity name in RMI report is different from what's indicated in the degree certificate and what I put in the application. Will this be an issue?

School Name shown in the certificate and input in EP application form: The University of Nottingham
Verified by RMI: The University of Nottingham Ningbo China

The difference is because the China institute is one of the overseas campuses under The University of Nottingham. The degree itself is from The University of Nottingham as indicated in the degree certificate. The China campus is authorised to award the degree from The University of Nottingham. RMI officer said I may resubmit following what's been verified in the report and they may explain the difference if MOM has any questions.

My feeling is I should follow RMI report given they are more trusted by MOM. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to explain the name difference from RMI report. I'm thinking to withdraw and resubmit. Would RMI verification proof be sufficient to pass? Or the difference would draw MOM attention without even checking with RMI?

I'm not sure if anything further I can do (e.g. additional proof/comment by RMI). Kindly advise.

Best regards,
Eva.

Go with the RMI recommendation, will sail through and it is infact how it should have been submitted in the first place.

Thanks, Shekhz. I'd agree. This could have been avoided.

Just feel concerned, wouldn't MOM consider it suspicious with the school name difference btw the verification report and certificate, despite RMI has verified both my degree and institute accredited? Or would MOM count on RMI report with priority, if any differences they may or may not enquire RMI?

Would it be helpful if RMI would be able to put some comment explaining the difference?

Hi,
I have been a silent member of this forum.Sharing my experience here.
I worked as Business Analyst in IT service industry for 4 years in Singapore and quit my job in 2015.
I was staying in Singapore on Dependant Pass for these past 6 years.
I recently started searching for job and got good offer as Business consultant in top 10 consultancy firm. So basically I have a sabbatical break of 6 years.
I was very worried if my visa application would get rejected because of my maternity break but it was approved today.
As beppi and shekhz said, if your company's HR follows the rules set by MOM and submits all relevant documents (due diligence before submitting the application).MOM does not reject your application. MOM gives fair chance to everyone!

Details of my application:
Visa: Spass (EP qualifying salary was 7000 sgd)
Last salary in 2015: 4500 sgd
Salary now:6400 sgd
Nationality:Indian
Application submitted: 15 sept
Application approved: 27 September.
Visa Validity: 2 years
PS: My husbands EP also got renewed 15 days back for 3 years. Took 7 working days to approve his application too.
All the best everyone :)

Hi all, just sharing my info as I've been finding this forum useful for Sept 2021 applications..

Job sector: data analytics
Experience: 4.5years
Applying from outside SG (my prospective employer applied for me)
Application date: 22/09/2021
Status update: 23/09/2021 as 'Pending'
Status update: 27/09/2021 as 'We need inputs from other agencies...'

Waiting for the next status update / decision hopefully!
Best of luck to us all.

Pingp: Do I read this correctly, your EP was approved although your offered pay (S$6.4k/month) was below the threshold given by the SAT (S$7k/month)?
That would be a novelty! Or is your work pass tied to your husband's (like previously LoC on DP)?

jacketpotato wrote:

Hi all, just sharing my info as I've been finding this forum useful for Sept 2021 applications..

Job sector: data analytics
Experience: 4.5years
Applying from outside SG (my prospective employer applied for me)
Application date: 22/09/2021
Status update: 23/09/2021 as 'Pending'
Status update: 27/09/2021 as 'We need inputs from other agencies...'

Waiting for the next status update / decision hopefully!
Best of luck to us all.

Hey! another indonesian, we're on the same boat man. Best of luck to both of us!

beppi wrote:

Pingp: Do I read this correctly, your EP was approved although your offered pay (S$6.4k/month) was below the threshold given by the SAT (S$7k/month)?
That would be a novelty! Or is your work pass tied to your husband's (like previously LoC on DP)?

I think he/she said it's SPass because EP needed 7k... I thought min was 4.5k? did they change it again? or are you in the financial sector?

No change in min salary of an EP which is $4.5k (in finance industry it's $5k). Yes, her Pass is S pass. Local job market is bullish in IT related jobs.

tandieva wrote:

Just feel concerned, wouldn't MOM consider it suspicious with the school name difference btw the verification report and certificate, despite RMI has verified both my degree and institute accredited? Or would MOM count on RMI report with priority, if any differences they may or may not enquire RMI?

Would it be helpful if RMI would be able to put some comment explaining the difference?

It won't be an issue if you edit the submission with the right University and Submit the RMI report, mistakes happen, we are humans. MoM will approve based on factual and verified data.

No beppi. I was issued with SPass. Because my EP qualifying salary was 7k per month.

Good morning guys!

My SPass is approved this morning when I checked at 9:30am

timeline:
Application date: 16/09/2021
Status update: 17/09/2021 as 'Pending'
Status update: 28/09/2021 as 'Approved'

background:
Job sector: energy
Experience: 1.5 yrs
Last EP salary in 2019:  3600 sgd
new SP salary now: 4000 sgd
Nationality: Chinese

Hope this brings some hope to who share similar backgrounds and all those who are still waiting, good luck!

GoodLuck6688 wrote:

Good morning guys!

My SPass is approved this morning when I checked at 9:30am

timeline:
Application date: 16/09/2021
Status update: 17/09/2021 as 'Pending'
Status update: 28/09/2021 as 'Approved'

background:
Job sector: energy
Experience: 1.5 yrs
Last EP salary in 2019:  3600 sgd
new SP salary now: 4000 sgd
Nationality: Chinese

Hope this brings some hope to who share similar backgrounds and all those who are still waiting, good luck!

Congratulations!

I have previous work experience of 5 years and masters too. Hence my EP qualifying salary is showing more.

Shekhz wrote:
tandieva wrote:

It won't be an issue if you edit the submission with the right University and Submit the RMI report, mistakes happen, we are humans. MoM will approve based on factual and verified data.

Thanks Shekhz. I confirmed with RMI again in terms of the new application and followed their suggestion. The officer said he would be able to explain if MOM enquires on the difference. Hope this is the case and my previous applications wouldn't jeopardise the new one. Will keep posted.

Just out of curiosity, so far my Master Degree has never been prompted to upload any related certificate nor enquired. It is a top university from the UK (Imperial College) and listed in MOM website. This information has been provided when issuing my previous EP with ex employer. Do you think I should get it verified as well? Or more likely they find it ok to verify from their side for certain listed or kept a record of it?

No need at the moment, wait and hope for the outcome to be positive.

Hi guys,

Checking on timelines here :
EP application (new): 18/08
Waiting for inputs.. etc : 20/08
Switched back to pending : 10/09

It is still pending since…. Is anyone facing same issue?

Sector : IT
Expe: 8+ years
Been in SG with EP since 3 years now.

Thank you

mids34 wrote:

Hi guys,

Checking on timelines here :
EP application (new): 18/08
Waiting for inputs.. etc : 20/08
Switched back to pending : 10/09

It is still pending since…. Is anyone facing same issue?

Sector : IT
Expe: 8+ years
Been in SG with EP since 3 years now.

Thank you

Ask your employer to check with MoM- a little nudge would get this moving.

Hi,
Can check with you if your employer applied for the EP themselves or was it via a consultantcy ?

Thanks for your advise, Shekhz. I'll wait for now.

djma wrote:

Dear, all,

I currently live & work in Vietnam and have got job offer from multinational company for their SG office. They have applied for EP on 25th Aug.

Details -
Application : 25th Aug
Experience : 10+ years
Designation : Regional Sourcing Manager
Salary : 13K+ p.m

Application Status is "Pending" so far & i assume i need to keep patience like mentioned by other forum members. I just wish if they had milestones kind of visibility so that applicants have bit bette idea on how things are progressing during application journey. Neverthess, it is what it is...

I just wonder after how many days/weeks, we could reach out to MOM & how. Do you have any email-id which applicants could use?

Will keep everyone posted if any status change on EP portal or if any revert from MOM or HR...

Congrats bro,

Hope you are still safe and already in SG.

I'm currently living in Vietnam as well and I also got one offer from SG company. They have applied for my EP yesterday( 28/Sept) and today I can see the status is pending so far.

could I know is the first time you are applying the EP? I can see your case getting approval really fast in 9 days.

and one more related to salary pump too, right now my salary is 2k6 SGD in Vietnam, is it impacting to the result? because of I'm seeing ppl are getting rejected due to salary bump. But the Vietnam salary should not be comparing to SG salary right.

my details:
Application : 28th Sept
Experience : 5+ years
Designation : Software engineer
Salary : >7k sgd

Salary increases to certain percentage is being questioned by MoM but that yardstick is only people who are switching their jobs within Singapore. Your case is you will be coming from a different country. So, salary hike percent doesn't apply here. If your documents which are submitted have no wrong information or data and your employer has provided rationale to hire a foreigner then your application will have positive results as well. Good luck

surya2k wrote:

Salary increases to certain percentage is being questioned by MoM but that yardstick is only people who are switching their jobs within Singapore. Your case is you will be coming from a different country. So, salary hike percent doesn't apply here. If your documents which are submitted have no wrong information or data and your employer has provided rationale to hire a foreigner then your application will have positive results as well. Good luck

Thank you :).
Will keep update on my status.

surya2k wrote:

It is one application or ‘that' application out of many where salary bumps are not justified, it isn't the case for every application.

RottenPotato wrote:

Hello All,

Local uni MBA student from India with an offer from US MNC, applied EP on 09/09.. status says pending.. roughly what is the timeline of approval?

Hello All,

Got my EP approved today!

Thanks for support eveyone:)

Applied EP - 22/09/2021
Approved - 30/09/2021

that was faster than I expected.
Experience - 15+years
Salary - $35K+

madmak wrote:

Salary - $35K+

If that is the monthly figure, it is far above all thresholds where MoM makes any checks at all - their rationale is if a company is willing to pay such an extreme salary, there must be a good reason and the application is just waved through.