EP Renewal rejected

Hello Everyone!

Need advice on this.

Currently, I am on EP, and current employer applied for the renewal on 15th July but it got rejected due to the following reason -

1. You have not indicated your company turnover. we will require this information as part of the overall assessment. please update your company's turnover in EPOL before you submit a new application/appeal.

The company applied again post updating the information but it got rejected again. HR has written back stating that we have complied and furnished the required information and applied again today. Since my company is a cost center, there is no turnover but employs more than 25 people (mostly PR or citizens) in its Singapore branch. I have been with the company for some time now and the status on turnover has stayed the same since then but never had any issues in past. Got my EP renewed twice in past.

What are my chances?

Obviously, MoM doubts that the company can pay your salary.
If they cannot convince MoM of the opposite, you should look for another job.

Thank you for your prompt reply. But I have been with the same company for some time now and have had few renewals already where the company's status did not change meaning it has always been the cost center. Therefore, not sure what has changed this time?

Moreover, since the company employs locals and actively contributes to the CPF, isn't it good enough to show that the company can pay my salary as it has always been in past.

This is highly confusing :(

It's not confusing, there is additional scrutiny on applications now. The company may not have been questioned in the past, things have evolved and you may find on several other posts how tough it is to secure a renewal/ new EP application.

If I were you, would request the employer to furnish details or some sort of justification around how the income flows work, how are operating expenses etc being paid including salaries- all the good things, to ensure MoM understands how they are affording it all.

Don't leave it for MoM to check info around from other departments, do your bit to clarify your application in the best interest of all.

Thank you!