Trianon Area. Feedback anyone please... Thank you...

Hi/Afternoon
Trust you are all managing ok with another confinement.

I cannot get to Mauritius as it's out of bounds until end of May.  What a shame hey...

May I ask anyone familiar with the Trianon area to give some feedback please - as I am zooming in on a prospective development in that area.   

Project am interested in is not part of the Smart City concept. 
However, it fits in with what I am looking for.

Trianon is part of an industrial area,  should anyone have any concerns when moving/living within such an area.  So far I cannot find any except for: 
    "Le Syndic" management style, but I am getting to understand it in its finer detail now.

I think it will foster the community spirit very much.   Have had good reports regarding the developer.
Am not sure if the forum's protocol allows me to mention other details.

However - I know most of you will work out where this development is.  Many Thanks....

Kind Regards.   Stay Safe everyone.

Rick

Hello Rick,

The Government has reviewed the travel restriction :

From 27th of March 2021 to 31st of May 2021

All prospective passengers (including children and infants) travelling to Mauritius must possess the following documents:

1.   a certificate of a negative COVID – 19 PCR test administered between 5 and 7 days prior to the date of boarding at the last point of embarkation.
   2.  a valid air ticket to Mauritius; and
    3. proof of purchase of a travel package including accommodation, on a full board basis, at a designated hotel for a mandatory 14-day in-room quarantine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
About Trianon

I live in Quatre-Bornes and Trianon is at the outskirt of the town of Quatre-Bornes.

People "generally" don't live at Trianon but close by in for example Quatre-Bornes centre, Belle-Rose, St-Jean, Sodnac. Maybe because as you say Trianon is not a residential area but a commercial zone along the motorway. There are a couple of flats construction going on at the moment. Trianon has also a shopping mall with all facilities (shops, food, gym, ATM).

Do you have any specific question about Trianon ? Or maybe you could tell us what things you consider important when choosing a place to live ?

We could tell you whether Trianon meets your expectations....

All the best,
Anoushka

Hi Anoushka
Many thanks for replying.
  Great to hear that we can fly in & with a mandatory 14 day quarantine. I will decide at a later stage if it's necessary to fly & spend 14 days unable to deal with anything.
Points 1 & 2 are fine It's point nr 3 that needs thinking about. 
Thank you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trianon:

I know Finance - Location - Lifestyle are the 3 factors dictating where to settle & thank you for your valid points.

I understand there are only light industries around. 
The development seems to add something else to the "regeneration" aspect,  making it more appealing to future residents if it's done properly.
I like the concept as the development will have a mixed style of housing & running track. 
A club house with a gym etc- swimming pool - football pitch run independently by a local sports club
(residents will need private membership)   Not an issue.
It is situated in a location within striking distance of other places you mention  which is another plus.  Amenities are not far. 
It suits me so far and I wish I could inspect the neighbourhood to see for myself.   
That's about it.
Oh - how far is the beach ?  1 hr away... there we are then.....
Thanks very much
Regards
Rick

The nearest beach is Flic en Flac, that would be less than one hour, Google says 27 minutes, I would say 35 - 40 minutes even 45 as there are some major roadworks going on at the moment and traffic can be hectic. To Grand Baie, let's say around 1hr - 1h15min

https://i.ibb.co/m8hvpHW/trianon.jpg

Trianon used to be under sugarcane cultivation decades ago but now, it has a shopping mall, a shopping complex, some head offices of industries, a major building is under construction there that wil change the scenery, I believe. Would definitely suggest buying or renting a car if you live in Trianon. Getting to clinics/hopsitals will need a 15-20 minute drive depending on traffic, around 20/25 minutes to get to the Port-Louis if you need to complete any administrative formalities (visa/permit etc).

Here is what Trianon looks like : www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_b0wVl8Q2w

Hello Anoushka
Trust you are well.
Thanks very much for this brilliant piece.  It has given me a very good picture of what the surrounding area looks like & what I can expect (if..) moving & living around Trianon.
The you tube vid has done its job - Excellent.
One of my concerns could be the River Seche nearby. It seems it's fine as it's not stagnant water. Hope it's like that all year round.

Actually I like using public transport wherever I am or have been before in other countries - within reason & considering the safety aspects as well.   Of course renting a car or taxis would not be an issue.
I have always used this routine in other countries:  Get to know a reliable taxi driver that is on call for a quick call out as & when required.  It has worked until now and hopefully it will be the same in MRU.
With good planning admin formalities would be fine too.

So far everything seems to be falling into place very nicely. 
Watch this space.....

Thanks/Kind Regards  &  Stay Safe.

Rick