Price for deep cleanning

Hi,

Do anyone knows how much does a deep cleaning for 1 floor 3 beds apartment cost?

Adding more detail to the question

Currently we just moved from our old apartment  to a new place, before we leave the old apartment we did some basic cleaning but missed one spot which is under my son's bed, and now our previous landlord told us he spent 9000 rupees for deep cleaning, so was wondering how much does a deep cleaning cost for a 120m2 3 beds 1 floor apartment?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

BTW, the landlord still got my security deposit.

Michael Hwang wrote:

Hi,

Do anyone knows how much does a deep cleaning for 1 floor 3 beds apartment cost?

You will not get your security deposit back. Unfortunately the landlord is one of those low life crook who will use any excuse to not return it. Rs 9000 is a salary of 1 person on the lowest payscale in Mauritius like someone working in a supermarket who normally earns around Rs 10000-12000.Without looking at the pictures you have been done for....

Hi Maisonmaurice,

Thank you for replying to my question

So these's nothing we can do to avoid this? Maybe some housing authority we can contact for help if we got this kind of issue?

Sorry to agree. The deep cleaning services socks. They charge RS9000 and very little cleaning happens. Best to do it yourself and save the money and your nerves.
Cleaners on the Island is a joke! We have property in Flic en Flac and when we come from SA we requested cleaning that was NOT done but liberally charged for.
Really not worth even trying cleaning companies in Mauritius. They are useless

It is evident that the time and money spent to clean a flat of 3 bedrooms or even more a room, is not equal to a monthly salary...
your landlord is keeping your deposit illegaly.
You can send him a formal notice remembering his obligation to return the deposit, asking for justification and refund of the part of the deposit not used for the cleaning....
read your lease agreement, I am sure that the return of the deposit is provided in it.

Next time, better clean more than less and take pictures of all to have evidence.
so other possibility (efficient but not legal) for your next rent, it is not paying the last month..

Katrienlombard wrote:

Sorry to agree. The deep cleaning services socks. They charge RS9000 and very little cleaning happens. Best to do it yourself and save the money and your nerves.
Cleaners on the Island is a joke! We have property in Flic en Flac and when we come from SA we requested cleaning that was NOT done but liberally charged for.
Really not worth even trying cleaning companies in Mauritius. They are useless

The invoice I got from the landlord stated General Cleaning of House
And the items are as below, and it cost Rs 9000

General dusting
Cleaning of floors
Cleaning of toilets
Cleaning of bathrooms

From my understand, if we hire a maid to do the cleaning at a rate of Rs 200 per hour, Rs 9000 that's 45 hours of work for cleaning a one floor apartment, this just doesn't make sense to me.

clearly the invoice seems to be a false document,
your landlord use a false invoice to make a fraud and keep your deposit.
swindling is sanctioned by the Mauritian criminal code.
Legally, you can pursue him, but in practice it is difficult to be reimbursed since a proceedings will cost you more than the deposit itself..

Hi beatrice63,

Yes, I should be more careful and check more details, was trying to return the house 4 days earlier to the landlord so he can have his new tenant move in in time, and when we did the inventory walkthrough, everything was fine, the landlord did say he need to clean the apartment before hand it over to the next tenant, but didn't mentioned that I need to pay for the cleaning.

And if he told me in advance, I would love to go back to the apartment and clean that spot myself. And even I need to pay for the cleaning, Rs 9000 which I think it's over priced.

Also I did ask him to provide the photos of the cleaning before and after which the cleaning company that he hired should have done when they did the cleaning, but there's just nothing.

beatrice63 wrote:

clearly the invoice seems to be a false document,
your landlord use a false invoice to make a fraud and keep your deposit.
swindling is sanctioned by the Mauritian criminal code.
Legally, you can pursue him, but in practice it is difficult to be reimbursed since a proceedings will cost you more than the deposit itself..

Yes, the invoice looks strange, we did the inventory walkthrough and returned the apartment on 27th of January, and the landlord told me that he spent Rs 9000 for cleaning on 5th of February, but when I receive the invoice, the date on the invoice was on 11th of February.

Not sure if it's a false document or not, the invoice was provided by a cleaning company in Quatre-Bornes and it's signed by the contractor.

prehaps the owner of the cleaning company is a friend or family...

beatrice63 wrote:

prehaps the owner of the cleaning company is a friend or family...

Or maybe he is the owner, lol

From my previous chat with him and the lease contract of his address, he seems to run a 5 star hotel in Le Morne.

Also some update with the current status, he told me he is going to cover all the cleaning cost for the apartment which is Rs 9000, but the next day, he message me and say I should pay for half of the cleaning cost which is 4500, so he just deducted 4500 from my security deposit without my permission. This make me feel that he is trying to rip me off because I am new here.

Let me see if I can contact the Ministry of Housing and Land Use Planning and see how it goes.

Do not bother with ministry. ***

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : Inappropriate
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

you can contact Mr louis on ***

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : Kindly share the professional's contact details in private please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hope you got your deposit back