EP processing time May 2019

Has anyone got any approval since late last week and today ? My application is still pending. Filed on 02-Sep-2019.

My EP application since 28 Aug 2019 still pending either... Anyone get approved recently please share out some useful information.

Thank you.

@EastDeThird: is this a first time EP application or are you switching jobs in Singapore ?

My application is pending since 02-Sep. First time EP application.

Hi Vineesh, this is not the first time I apply EP. Previously I had get an EP IPA but I have asked the company to cancel due to private issue. This is the second application after the first one withdrawn.

Hey Centurion, how do you know it's pending if you are applying for the first time? Have you got the FIN number from the HR? My HR told me that FIN will be issued once I get my EP. I am confused.

Hello

I recently got a new job and my EP was applied on 24th of September 2019, as of now its pending.

4 years in Singapore
total of 11 years experience
Salary : 12k ++

I was contacted by the employer for additional document that was requested by MOM on 27th September. When I checked the status on EPONLINE - it said no record found
One of my document had a small mistake in my name ( a letter was missing ) -  this wasnt an issue in earlier applications/renewal of EP (4 times) . Just this time I was asked for additional document and i was able to provide it within 2 days on September  31st. From 1st october its showing as pending.

The 3 weeks that they is it from 24th september or from the date it shows pending?

You can use travel document number and date of birth.

Hey Alien360,

You can use EP online system and check the status by providing the Travel document number, application number, DOB etc. Dont need a FIN to check the status

But I am getting no record found?

It asks for valid MRIC no./FIN/Malaysian New IC no

I don't have any of those.

alien360 wrote:

But I am getting no record found?

Same thing happened to me too. It was saying no records found for 1 week. It seems it gets updated to pending only when a case officer picks it up ( in EPonline which is non-login based)

But when your employer logs in to their system of EP application they can see it as pending.

Ok, it works, until yesterday it was showing no record found? How much time does it take from showing no record found to actually populating the results in EP Online portal? Does the 2-3 weeks start from the date it starts showing something or from the date of the application?

alien360 wrote:

Ok, it works, until yesterday it was showing no record found? How much time does it take from showing no record found to actually populating the results in EP Online portal? Does the 2-3 weeks start from the date it starts showing something or from the date of the application?

That is the question even I asked.  I guess its from date of application. Logically once a case officer picks up your case - he validates all documents and then puts in the system. 

Like i said in my post earlier - I was getting no records found but my employer got an email asking for additional documents which means the officer already had a look at the document. Once I submitted the doc it changed to pending the same day night .

Finally my EP approved today, took 35 days (exactly 5 weeks) in total. Like other forum said, approval usually comes in 7, 14 , 21, 28 , 35 days and this maybe true.

My EP approval received at around 11am-2pm time range.

Congrats. There is no such number of days at MoM before they approve. I have seen people get approval in 5 days, more than 40 days, 2 months etc.

Switching Job in Singapore.

EP applied at MOM -13 Sept 2019
Current Status- Still Pending

It has been 15 working days..Hope next week It gets approved.

Hi @gauravsr12 did you get your EP approved ?

Still waiting ..It has been 18 working days.. Anyone have any idea, Is there the possibility to be rejected after waiting so many days ?

What about you @nileshgupta120 , when your EP was applied?

My HR consulted MOM..They updated 1 more week to review and approve..Can I take it as positive sign? Since I am already working in SG with EP pass? Can they reject regardless?

Be positive, hope outcome will be in your favour. Good luck

Hi Gaurav

Does the status of your EP show as pending in EPOL or does it show your current EP status ?

Hi All,
I‘ve been a silent reader for the last weeks on this forum but I thought I will register to share my experience here since it helped me through the process too.

My timeline:
- EP online application by a professional service on the 26/09/2019
- status was on pending for a bit more than two weeks
- EP status changed to approved on the 11/10/2019

Key facts:
- as mentioned above the application was made via a service provider
- origin country Switzerland
- education => it engineering with a bachelor diploma
- over 9 years relevant work experience
- salary is well above 10k SGD
- I am doing an assignment for our Singapore branch with my working contract staying in Switzerland
- staying period is limited > less than a year
- company has a proven track record with MoM and quota for foreigners is far from reached due to many local employees

If i have an existing EP in Singapore and I switch jobs; EPOL website doesn't reflect the status of my new application. It still reflects my existing EP details. It's been 3 weeks since application so a bit confused why it doesn't reflect

The new application will be shown after the processing officer enters it into the system.
Your employer should contact MoM to find out what is delaying it.

Hi it appears at the portal that my EP is approved . Is it means that I can tender my resignation now ? Thanks

Yes, if the EP is approved, resigning is as safe as it will get.

Hi all, just to share my experience:

Been working in Singapore on EP for three years in financial services industry.

First application in Sep 2016 - approved in one week.
Renewal in Nov 2018 - approved in one week.

Recently found a new job and the application was submitted on 3 Oct and is still pending today. HR advised on average it takes 3 weeks these days.

Will keep posting here and wish everyone good luck.

Hi MrY2k, congratulations!

Appreciate if you could share a bit more:
Are you internal transfer from your current company?
What is the company size in SG? Is it new or mutual company?

Thank you very much!

Hi all, congratulations to the ones whose EP is approved.

My new employer: Power company (The most reputed company in Singapore)
Position: SM
Function: Very niche in Singapore
Salary: 10k
Experience: 8 years
Date of EP application: 4th Oct
Current status: Pending

My last EP was approved with the current employer 5 months before. Almost 2 years in Singapore.
Still awaiting EP approval.

Case 1: Myself

New employer: Investment  Bank
Function: Big Data
Salary: 12k+
Experience: 10 years
Date of EP application: 7th Oct
Last EP: approved in 7 days [late 2018]
Almost 2 years in Singapore.

Case 2: Friend

New employer: AI Startup
Function: Software
Last EP: approved in  7 days  [mid-2019]
Almost 6 years in Singapore

Will update ASA got the approval

Hi Plokoon29 ,
did you get the approval?

Still pending..

rahshu wrote:

Case 1: Myself

New employer: Investment  Bank
Function: Big Data
Date of EP application: 7th Oct
Last EP: approved in 7 days [late 2018]
Almost 2 years in Singapore.

Case 2: Friend

New employer: AI Startup
Function: Software
Last EP: approved in  7 days  [mid-2019]
Almost 6 years in Singapore

Will update ASA got the approval

Update
My self :   Applied: 7th Oct   Approved:17th Oct
Friend:  Applied 4th Oct  Current status:  Still pending

Plokoon29 wrote:

Hi all, just to share my experience:

Been working in Singapore on EP for three years in financial services industry.

First application in Sep 2016 - approved in one week.
Renewal in Nov 2018 - approved in one week.

Recently found a new job and the application was submitted on 3 Oct and is still pending today. HR advised on average it takes 3 weeks these days.

Will keep posting here and wish everyone good luck.

EP was approved this morning. Good luck everyone

EP rejected on 17 Oct.
Reason stated: The job position and salary did not match with my current position and salary.
Need to post the vacancy with correct details and appeal after 2 weeks.

tom.ho wrote:

Hi MrY2k, congratulations!

Appreciate if you could share a bit more:
Are you internal transfer from your current company?
What is the company size in SG? Is it new or mutual company?

Thank you very much!

My case is following:
- It is a project assignment with an end date and less than 12 months. It is a company in the financial sector and main branch is in Switzerland. However, the branch in Singapore has about 1000 employees. Additional info, my salary and my contracts will not be moved to Singapore.

mrY2k wrote:

- It is a project assignment with an end date and less than 12 months. It is a company in the financial sector and main branch is in Switzerland. However, the branch in Singapore has about 1000 employees. Additional info, my salary and my contracts will not be moved to Singapore.

Impossible.
You must be employed (and paid) by a Singapore-registered company to ghet a work permit.

case 2 : ep approved 18th afternoon cheers

beppi wrote:
mrY2k wrote:

Impossible.
You must be employed (and paid) by a Singapore-registered company to ghet a work permit.

Hi Beppi,

Yes, the company is registered in SG. I don‘t know about the details how the company handles the salary payment and ect. internally. For me basically nothing changes in my home country, how the rest happens, is up to the company. I will also be taxed in Singapore too and in my home country. Therefore I really can‘t tell you how the legal details are worked out.

Additionally update: My wife applied for a Dependent pass on the 17th of October and it was approved today.