Ltvp eligibility

Hi ,

I am subsidised under service obligation scheme , i got a job and i have been working for 5 months , it looks like the company wont be confirming me after probation.
In this case can I apply for 1 year ltvp to look for a  new job in sg (I have not applied for ltvp before).

Thanks,

You can get an LTVP only if you have a suitable sponsor - usually a close relative who is Singaporean, PR or works here.
I don't think you can get an LTVP for job search. Try an SVP instead!

thanks for your reply , but usually they will give students with 3 years bond an ltvp  for job search right?
have they stopped giving it now?

In present policy, it doesn't exist. All students must have student passes. After completing the course, you must have related work pass in order to stay here.

LTVP only given to family of work pass holders or parents of the work pass holders with conditions apply (you can read the conditions in MoM website). Or a citizen and PR who can apply for their family or parents (No relatives).

If you have bond, then bring favourable letter from your institution (must be recognised by MoM - can be found list of institutions in the MoM website) and find a sponsor (typically an employer who wants to higher you) then apply work pass with both letters, chances are there to get your pass approval.

Neither MoM nor ICA will approve your pass if you will say that you are here solely searching for jobs only. Bond arrangements was done between you and the institution under MoE, it has nothing to do with MoM and ICA.

All bond defaulters in past are banned to stay and work in Singapore in future (you can google, there was an article published in local StraitTimes). In last year, MoE report shows that 1% bond holders were defaulted and currently not traceable. Good luck