Establishing cafe / photo gallery in Mauritus

Hi,

I would be super grateful for some advice on the requirements when setting up a business in Mauritius.

I understand that you will need to invest USD100,000 to set up business and get the occupational residency visa. I have been told that the funds can be used for the starting up of the business and will not be "locked in". The concern is a requirement to generate a turnover of MRU 2 million in the first year and then MUR in the two subsequent years. From my experience, start ups may take up to three years before generating such turnovers. What happens if the business fails to generate the required turnover already in the first year? Do you have to close shop immediately?

I have tried to contact the Board of Investment but have not had any response. Who would be best to speak to as I would like to have some answers before coming there.

Thanks a lot for  any advice.

Hanna

The first point of control is after 3 years. So even if you didn't make the required turnover, it doesn't mean you have to close shop on the first year itself. On renewal, 3rd year _ you may have some issues. If explanations are plausible for the first year, you  can go through  you can go through. But it all depends on the BOA. But it all depends on the BOI