Free Legal Advise from a Licensed Attoreny

Dear Youssef,

  One of my friends is working at Riyadh and he has been hired by a company X. ( don't want to mention company name in public). Company X didn't make his Iqama since last 4 months and they are not giving him final exit till now. He as another job offer from Company Y but that company is saying that we can not take your transfer until you Company X release you. I saw you comment above i.e. in case company X does not make Iqama during first 3 months, employee can take release / transfer from them. Can you guide through the way how he can join company Y and how he can take transfer from Company X since Iqama is not ready yet. In other case, how he can get final exit if he want to go home? Kindly advice.

Dear all,
I need advise for my labor court case.
Is someone here as Labor court lawyers.

I am not able to pay fee I just need suggestions


Moderated by Christopher last year
Reason : For your own safety please avoid sharing your personal contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Dear Yusuf,
Kindly help me I have file case against my employer and my first hearing date is 22 of February 2018.
After that may be case will be referred to high court.
My problem is that I don’t have money and without money how can I hire lawyers ?

Moderated by Priscilla last year
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Salam Alaikum Yossef,
I am Idris from Pakistan but settled here in KSA, I have a lady friend in Mexico, she wants to be a Muslim and we are are ready to get married. How to invite her to KSA  to convert her to Islam and we get married here?. Please guide me in this regard.


prime prince :

Salam Alaikum Yossef,
I am Idris from Pakistan but settled here in KSA, I have a lady friend in Mexico, she wants to be a Muslim and we are are ready to get married. How to invite her to KSA  to convert her to Islam and we get married here?. Please guide me in this regard.


why don't you invite her to Pakistan and get marry.. I think that will be more easy for you atleast..since you and the lady is not resident of Saudi arabia and both of you has to go through so many formalities. if you go to Pakistan and invite her there, both will suffer less.

Dear sir,
I am medical professional and working as specialist buy iqama is showing status of technician..I filed case at labour office on 16 January was first date today but my sponsor didn't come and now got another and last date of 13 March.. What would u like to suggest me in this matter? I didn't leave job and still working with the same sponsor..

Hey hey!
I have a question. I am an English teacher and our over time salary is set at 60 riyals per hour but our normal salary is far more than this. Online by law and to my knowledge overtime should be calculated at 150% of our salaries.
In our contract it only states overtime at be pre approved, nothing about rate.
So my question is can this be legally forced?

Good afternoon Mr. Yossef

Is it lawful in the saudi labor law .. To force their employee to resigned and to agree to take 30% only of the end of service benefits or ESB.. And promised to give the rest  70% in a monthly basis.. but they never will  in some cases of those who resigned or terminated already 2 years but never completed the payment.

What about termination for no such valid reason?

What action you advice in free guards to this matter?

Good day Mr.Yossef,

          I am an expat here in saudi arabia for the past 6 years i have been going in and out of the country and had no problems but since last year my boss filed the three of us his employees as huroob but due to the last amnesty my other collegue and me got final exit from jawazat and the the remaining other did not get final exit because of a police case filed against him with all that finished we tried to fix the problem of our other friend but instead my other collegue got the chance to go home and me stranded here with my other friend and because of waiting also for him to finish his problem when it was my time to go to the airport and go home eventhough i have final exit given by jawazat we discovered that now i also have a police case which was not present when i applied for the final exit, what should i do sir i know if go near that police station my boss has a lot of connection's and he already threatend me that he will imprison me for as long as he like,

Hope to hear from you soon sir if you can share to me your contact number i will be much happier to call you.


Kudos to @Yossef11 and everyone else in this thread who had been helping people. It is truly aspiring, keep it up. God bless the hands that give!

Good day,

me and my wife are foreigners working in Riyadh as physiotherapists. Our employer terminated our contracts before expiry. I think, that it is in conflict with KSA Labor law, because according to me their reasons are not included in article 80 of Labor law. I would like to know, if we have right get some compensation?

Thank you very much.

Lukas Teply

their reasons for me:

,, We could not get approved from Saudi Commision specialities for your professional certification. As well as comparing your monthly cost with your income result during last year.''

for my wife:

,, We recieve a lot of complaints of patients about your work. As well as comparing your monthly cost with your income result during last year.''

and here are conditions for termination of services in our contracts:

a) acceptance of resignation

b) if the Second party (L.T.) cease to work without valid reason for a period 15 consecutive days or 30 intermittnet days

c) disability to perform work

d) termination by the first party (employer) at any time, provided that termination is preceded by at least 60 days notice. The first party may terminate this contract without notice period, on condition that he pays to the second part a notice period compensation (basic sallary and housing allowance)

e) termination by the second party after submitting a wrtitten notice of at least 60 days, otherwise the second party must pay to the first party a compensation equal to the notice period (basic sallary and housing allowance)

f) termination by the first party during 3 months period of probation in such a case the first party shall be responsible for the cost of the second part travel to his country of origin

You better file a case or designate someone to represent you before labor court. You case have good potential

Hi !
My question is I have completed 2 year first contract. Total 2 year 10 Month now. I gave resignation they accepted but giving me exit re-entry, kindly advice me if there is any law or rule in Saudi regarding this. I want to go with final exit. They are saying if you leave before complete 2 year then you have to go through exit re-entry.

Time is more important than anything else so I suggest you to go back to your country cz case takes too much time.Don't expect justice from MOL but u can win case when ur case is in court but it may take 1 to 3 years as I saw such cases..

Your contract automatically renewed cz u didn't go after completion of contract..Its upon ur sponsor now to give final exit or exit re-entry..Don't expect justice at ministry level..

Hi, good day to you.

My son is my dependent. He left for Philippines on Exit/Re-Entry Visa on May 2016 and never come back due to studies.  The Exit/Re-Entry Visa expired on November 2017. I surrendered my son Iqama to my previous company to cancel along with the exit/reentry visa but looks like, they unable to do it. Now, with my new employeer and my Iqama is soon to expire, they told me that they can not renew because my son is still on my dependent status. Kindly assist me how to cancel the exit/reenty visa. Thank you and  more power to you.

Thank you so much....

Hi good day!...

I need legal advice with regards to the case that I filed to MOL. Now I iam waiting to to our schedule to primary court.

Company grounds:
1. Delayed salary for 4 months
2. The company retain our passport
3. The company made a contract here without our knowledge here and we are not aware of this contract and no copy of the said contract they made.
4. 2 months withheld as deposit
5. Pressure us to sign blank paper without explanation and the new contract is printed on that paper.
6. Proper transportation has not been provided
7. Salary and overtime is fixed and not calculated on the actual hours worked
8. Company made verbal threats
9. The position stated on the iqama is different on the actual position
10. Working hours is excess of those permitted by law and often up for 16 hours sometimes
11. No pay slip and overtime slip issued
12. Work for different job description

Note: we are 11 complainants and as per the company we are absent and stated to MOL that weve been AWOL but we dont Awol we go back to work but the company refused us to work due to we have a complaints to MOL. and the company accused me the im a ring leader to this but honestly im not and i filed late to them.

Thank you


Dear sir,

As per contract signed in Dec 2014, my agreed monthly basic salary was SAR 13005 with special allowance of SAR 10710 (Dated 4- Dec-2014)
In June 2016, company issued a letter stating that 50% of monthly special allowance from 1st April 2016 will be kept aside and will be paid after financial year.
Evaluation time period stated by the company has passed and we have not been paid back the deducted 50% of special allowance.
Since the project is at the finishing stage and company can demobilize me any time therefore I would like to file a complaint against my company to pay me my deducted special allowance upto my last working day in company.

Sir ,   really. Im wrinting this to u. In a mood that I cant express. Becoz I have been. In saudi without work for 1:6mont I have filled case  against. My sponser for not paying my salary..  the. I got verdict infavor of me and after that he. Gone to. Appeal in higher court. There too. He lost and. I got the verdict infavor of me.. now the cases in execution court and. The already blocked the. Computer system of my sponser.. now. My question is. When I can get my money how much timee. It takes to get money?what if he didnt pay money in court? What will happen next?

i encounter an arguement with the customer, i show him actual harm "bad attitude" then that customer call police for action, so police come and we explain what happened. Even i did not start that arguement, i appologize with the customer and they accept. then the police explain then told us that it was settled with no violation report.

After, the company give me notice and they stopped my work ("Delivery driver") and stay in villa then ask me to report in HR office. They show me the video on that situation happened, then decided for the punishment (Terminated). Just give me advice and stay in villa to wait the settlement of

Alreay 14 days from now, then i ask them about the the punishment. HR answer, i can get the salary i've duty, that was 1&1/2 month. and i will get the exit visa also the flight ticket.

I dont know what article of termition. until now i dont have a form of punishment.

Hi Yossef,

I hope you can help me,
I am currently working as an Expat within the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
I work 48 hours a week from Sunday to Thursday. As stated within my contract and conditions of service.

My contact that I Signed states:
“You may be requested to work a reasonable amount of overtime”

My employer has taken this statement to mean, they can force me to work Paid Overtime at their choosing, usually on a Saturday. They do not  give me the option if I would actually like to work the overtime.

Is this the case under Saudi Labour law?
Does that statement written into my contract actually mean I do not have the option, when I have approached my company with this question, their reply is “it is paid overtime, you have to work it”

Honestly I would rather the time with my family, not the money.

Kind Regards


I have the same problem Steve.
Thank you for the post . I will also wait to see the response.

Hello Sir,
My name is Phillip and I am from Boston, USA. I work for an oil company in Khobar. I live on a company compound. I was driving to work on the company compound in my personal car. I was hit by another employee driving a company car who ran off and did not stop. My car had not bad damages but since they hit me so fast I got whiplash and my back has had an injury where I could not work for at least 2 weeks.  I have had to have lots of pain medication and physical therapy.

Now I am in training and my job depends on my reputation a lot. I had to stay at the scene of the accident for over 3 hours to work with company security many coworkers and community members drove by and saw me being interrogated by the security.  Several asked me what I had done to get into trouble. So that hurt my reputation and my work now.

Also security would not tell me the person who hit me although there was a camera. I was told I need to just forgive this person by company security.

I refused to just give up. Then I was told by security that there was no accident. That I was a liar. This happened in front of my boss and has also hurt my reputation.

I found out who the driver was on my own and I will find a way to get him to pay for the damages to my car. 

My question is this: is my company liable for damages because this company employee and vehicle hit me and caused me injury?

Does Saudi have laws for moral injury? Or are there laws for pain and suffering? Should my company have to compensate me due to the emoloyee admitting they were not fit to drive at the time and they fled the scene?

Should the driver have to help pay for any medical issues related to the crash when I go back to Boston?

Are there any articles in the Saudi labor law regarding bullying and threatening the staff, if so, what are the legal actions the bullied person can take against those who bullied them, and does the labor law have any specific legal punishment, if so, please let me know what is the procedure to do it, as I want to sue the company which I have worked for in the labor court for bullying me.

Dear Yossef11,

I am a Filipino currently living in jubail,
Regarding my issue was, I have remaining loan in Saudi Holladi Bank and was not fully settled, the Collection and Recovery party issued travel ban for to my previous IQAMA.
Currently, All the balance that I have in the bank were already settle.
My question is how can I know that the travel ban they issued to me was already withdraw or clear.
Can you please help.



I have an unpaid loan which I did not settle while I gone, exit from my previous company. Now I  have came back to KSA in new VISA. 
Due to the unpaid loan bank already registered a case against me.  Due to this case I have travel ban in KSA.

Please advise the legal formality to settle my case and clear the travel ban.

Asslam walkum
Dear sir,
on off my friend family went for umrha 3 months back he found one mobile but he didn't return  now he is in jail kindly help what we need to do

I have court case due to not properly paid my monthly payment. It is possible to renew my iqama.

Dear Yusuf,
My Embassy hired a driver with valid Iqama. But we have now been told that ordinary Iqama cannot be transfered to an Embassy. What's your advice?

good day I just ask about my end contract, my 2 year contract is over and I've been extending it for a few months because of the reason they going to give my wages, but I've been waiting for 5 months but they still not given, im planning to exit, it is legally have to exit even if I extend for 5 months or more

I want to know your answer sir...
Heres my email ***
For private replies...

Thank you

Moderated by Christine 8 months ago
Reason : please share your contact via your private message system. Thank you.

Dear Sir,
My HR and Manager harassed me and not let me go to join the other company, actually I didn't completed my contract due to salary issue and the commitments to give me family status made by HR before joining. So I resigned within 8 months of my contract (which is about of two years) with one month notice period and requested to released me coz I joined this company on transferrable visa, but these people are harrasing me and saying once they find my replacement then they will released me. Now its more than two months of my resigning but no body came. From last one month HR is saying my replacement will join this week - this week, but weeks end nobody came. I told them I'm ready to pay the tranafer cost but still they are not listening. I got an offer from another company which I've to join earlier but due to this I am not able to join them, my iqama is also going to expire within a week.
Kindly advise shall I go to the labor court? Your urgent response is highly appreciated.


I’d like to know if, in September 2018, Party B can break a contract after non payment of wages for 3 months by Party A.
Party A declares that resignation is necessary from employee,
who signed an annex to initial contract, about performing her duties, even if no retribution were to ensue.
Is this annex legal in KSA?
Is it binding?

Party B has very young dependents (4) and by now no financial support for day care / food.

Thank you very much for your help.

Sir ,

Thaks for providing your service to expatriate regarding there issue in KSA.

I have been transfered from one city of ksa to another city in ksa by my owner .

Now i have an year aggrement with building owner for payment of 6 month each , i paid the 6 month earlier while i was living and now flat owner is asking 6 months more prior to leaving the flat to complete the year aggrement .

Please advise what to do in such case as i am leaving city and also have to leave flat .


Hello and thank you for your help to the expats in S.A..
I need advise about my husband's situation. He works for a big construction company in Jeddah since 6 years. Since November last year the company started not paying salaries regularly. Up to now they have missed the payment of 4 salaries but not consequently, they haven't paid the accommodation as per contract. In our situation the company confirmed the contract with the compound in the beginning of this year but they didn't pay it and now we have been asked to empty the house. Last month the company announced all their employees that insurances are stopped, no Iqama renewal and no exit reentry visa. I advices my husband to file a complain in the labour court but he has heard a lot of bad opinions about these cases, especially that they take very long time during which the employee has to stay in the country and no results.
Can You, please, give me an advise how to proceed in his situation.

Thank you

Hello :
I am an American . I was highered as a Middle School Coordinator but I have proof that they are making me run the whole school and do eveyone’s Job including the principal . At the same time they make me work on weekends . They call me At meetings whenever they feel like and give me additional titles which they refuse to put on paper because they are scared since my contract says something else . I am very upset tired and feel abused .

In reply to my own question - which nobody addressed -  the problem was settled with patience and life is now perfect again.
Every day a new start, and, at least in my case, it’s already forgotten.

I am Dr.Rizwan working in prince Sultan Military hospital, Riyadh, I want legal help urgently

Hi sir

How are un am paulo valerio and am seeking an  legal advice on my current employment.2016 i wasdiag nose with a brain tumor and immeadiate surgery has  been  took surgery is successfull but there is a mnifestation of weakneses of left upper and lower limb.the doctor advises me that in continue theraphy my mobility will be name was list to the number of thehe employees to be terminated.i ve been stayed the kingdom gor almost a year now without work and still un employed.”last wednesday our HR called me & seat with a meeting informing that they are harrssing me to find a a possible transfer with a week because they says that the ministry of labor requires all pending cases of the enployee must be cleard off if failed.they will send my files to police and will be declared as runaway./so they will catch  me to jjail.

Is this legal or should i  file a legal case to my employer.they are nt considering my pysical condition and same time i  cannot go immediate in my hone country due to my car lease under my iqama.they are not able  to issue exit visa unless i paid the car loan.

Apprwciated your kind response asap with thanks

I needed your legal advice pls...thank u..

New topic