GCC driving license conversion

In year 2016 I hold KSA driving license (5 years) which I exchanged with Omani Driving license in 2018. With recent changes Oman is issuing driving license with only one year validity. My Oman Driving license was valid till May'19. Now I am back to KSA and looking to exchange the Omani driving license with KSA driving license again.

What should I do in this case?

1. Try to exchange the driving license as per GCC norms.
2. Tell the Driving school authorities to issue me a copy of my previous licence as I also have original old expired iqama from year 2016.

Please suggest the way out as I am looking to plan my visit to dallah school.

I am having  a similar case which I need suggestion from any experienced. My Saudi license expired in 2018, in my old visa and original is not with me, actually lost. Now (2021) am in Saudi Arabia, but new visa. Can I get driving license converted to new iqama?
I have a valid Oman driving license, Can I get it converted to Saudi license without test.

Any suggestions from experienced?

rpcheriyan wrote:

I am having  a similar case which I need suggestion from any experienced. My Saudi license expired in 2018, in my old visa and original is not with me, actually lost. Now (2021) am in Saudi Arabia, but new visa. Can I get driving license converted to new iqama?
I have a valid Oman driving license, Can I get it converted to Saudi license without test.

Any suggestions from experienced?

Take your Omani driving license and you get it directly as GCC license is valid in all GCC

Just keep in mind that they will keep the Oman license.

Thanks guys for your reply. Oman license can be surrendered.
But pls. let me know, if required to attend classes or computer test or driving test?

No

Hi all, Thanks for the info. It would be helpful, if anyone could advise procedures in all means? Any agent details or is this could be done self?

No . You just need to hand over omani license ans they will issue Saudi DL the same day . No classes or Test required . Do take the Form and get the Eye test and Blood test ( medical) done .and pay the fees for the license for the number of years you need ( 2 yrs , 5 yrs , 10 yrs ) via Sadad payment through ATM .Thats all is the process . Good Luck .

Hi, Thanks. Could you pls tell, what's the form I should take?

Hi all. This is my experience note for the subject. First I did the medical in approved medical center. Just ask the reception medical for driving license. They will charge 80 riyal as fees.(you can find the list of hospitals approved in Absher). Once medical done, SMS will be received from Murroor as medical confirmation done.
Went direct to Thakusussiya Dallah driving school (just try google maps, u will get the location). Since I have a valid Oman silence, there is no requirement of any mode of test or class requirements. Also, I had an expired Saudi license (expired 3 yrs back), which cannot be changed due to this long expiry. So Oman license was my only option. Below are the steps
1. Open a file
2. Many agents available in front of driving school, who can help you (filling forms in Arabic is the main part). All other things (booking an appointment through Absher, and fees payment) could be done self. However the agent charge 70 riyal as his fees and he will do all the part (translation into Arabic, appointment booking, fees payment, file with all necessary documents (additional 10 riyal for file) on our behalf. So total agent payment is 80 riyal. For 10 yrs valid license, fees is 400 riyal. Less validity options are also available.
3. Got appointment after 5 days, went directly to gate 2, Building 2 with file. First they will put a stamp on file. SO we can proceed to driving/testing area. Wait near any test car until, officer arrives, and he will start testing people. He will understand license conversion upon file check. They will ask just to drive a bit, only to check whether you are capable. i.e., just drive 10-15 mtrs. (remember to put all indicators and seat belts), and then simple reverse. That's it, If you do it fine, they will pass you. and put the remarks on file. After this, proceed to building # 1, and pass the file to officer. They will issue the driving license in 10 mts. I heard in most cases, that they will keep Oman license with them. But I suggest Thakkusussiya, because they returned my Oman license with new Saudi license. Same was the case with one of my friend with Dubai license.
That's it, safe driving!

Hello dear.. what was the result... Post for me...
Thanks

liscence was received

@rpcheriyan can you share your number with me

Bonjour Zakir Khan12,

Bienvenue sur Expat.com1f603.svg

If you have any questions, please feel free to create a new thread on the Saudi Arabia forum to ask them.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

I have omani htv licens .I can changed in saudi Arabia htv licens. Is that possible ..???

Htv no idea but i changed my LTV Omani license with Saudi driving licence (they kept my omani driving licence)

If u have any idea . Then pls tell

Hey everyone ,my iqamah will expire next 2 month coming and I want have driving license and I don't know my sponsorship so which ways I will fallow to have  the license?

@faisalnwz Hi, did you give a test? It took you 1 day or more? How long ago pls?

@ektarajoria no test. It hardly took 15 minutes (if documents are completed)

I have Oman htv licens can convert in Saudi Arabia licns . Is that possible. Know anyone..???

Guys,

All the comments were back in 2021, and at present, does anyone changed their Oman license to Saudi or have any idea about the procedures or any agent contact info?

Responses are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

@faisalnwz can you please mention which documents are required for converting Oman driving license to Saudi driving license.

Posting here my experience. I last week converted my Qatar license to Saudi License. I took all the papers as mentioned above and as in many other websites (Copy of Qatar license, appoinment slip, Iqama copy, visa copy on passport, original qatar license, application form). But they didnt see any of these and the staff on the counter asked me for the company CR. Please make sure the city in CR & the traffic department is of same province/city. The staff sent me back as my CR was of different province. My company had CRs in different provinces. Then i took the correct CR, but was returned back as i didnt had the green folder. I then gathered all the required paperwork and put it in the green folder. He then took my original driver's license and instructed me to wait a little while while he printed out the Saudi license. He didn't even look at the original Qatar license or the documentation. Perhaps it depends on the individual seated at the counter. With a few exceptions, though, mine was swift.

@Ramksa  hello Mr. Ram,

I have same doubts. It would be very helpful ,if you can clear it.

1. the green folder..., where we need to get it.
  2. the application form...., is that the appointment u are referring?

@Ramksa

and while trying to pay for the license in SADAD, under "ISSUE LICENSE " option only , it is shown about the duration of the validity.

is that the correct option we need to pay?

As we have one more option like " REPLACE LICENSE", I got confused.

pls clarify. thanks in advance

@prasathtr Hi, its filing folder like a normal office file. It will be available in the baqalas nearby the traffic department. Seems like a tieup between them. There is an arabic form for driving license. Its available in the traffic department website or in other forums.

@prasathtr hi, follow the below link;  lifeinsaudiarabia.net/payment-of-fee-to-issue-driving-license/ And i chose to issue license when i paid.

@Ramksa Thank you for you reply.

But for me ,they asked for a Traffic fine Clearance Certificate from OMAN.

don't know how to get it.

@prasathtr Thats unfortunate.. Try in a different location or when the person changes in the counter

@Ramksa hi can you please guide where you exactly went for replacement Murror or driving school??

me and one of my colleague are struggling to get Omani & Qatari license replaced to Saudi but every time we visit Murror, there is a new story. I would really appreciate your response.

Regards

Shahid

I Have A Valid Omani Driving License. Now I'm in KSA and Want to Change it to KSA Driving License. Can I Get My KSA DL in Exchange of Omani DL...???

@Ramksa Hello dear, I came to KSA this year. I'm hoping to get KSA DL on the basis of my Qatar DL, however my Qatar DL expired last year, is it still possible ? If not what are the other possibilities ? And also what option should be selected while booking appointment on Absher platform when trying to convert the DL ?  Thanks for this helpful thread.

@Ramska Hope you are doing well, I have UAE DL but its Expired last year, also having my Pakistani DL, please update it can help to getting the KSA DL in any means,

Thanks

@rpcheriyan Would you remember the name of the agent who helped you?

Good morning you looking for a driving licence

Excellent Experience

Friendly all Knows English

I exchange My Omani Driving Licences

No Test, No School required If the Documents are correct

1.    Absheer Appointment

2.    Medical test report (Blood group and Eye Test)

3.    Sadad Payment for the License Duration 10 yrs-400SAR

4.    No fines clearance certificate from country which is driving Licence is issued (Like UAE , Oman etc)

5.    Original Driving License of the country (they will keep the original)

They will print and give the Saudi DL within 10mins on the same day

No clearance certificate from Murror??

I have unpaid fines in UAE, now i wamt to convert my license ,

Doni have to pay fines?

My appointment is tomorrow please reply

No clearance certificate from Murror??
I have unpaid fines in UAE, now i wamt to convert my license ,

Doni have to pay fines?

My appointment is tomorrow please reply
-@Sheikh Abid

Hii

I have UAE driving licence automatic car. Now I want to convert my license. What is the procedure can you explained me plz.

@Sheikh Abid You have to clear

And provide from UAE Police Clearance Certificate

https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/port … BKkp30w!!/