Finally coming to Mauritius - accomodation advice please

Hi everybody,

I'm arriving at beautiful Mauritius on the 27th of November for a 3 months stay (hopefully 6 months if I am allowed to).

I have been following this forum for some time and found some really valuable information. Thanks to all for sharing. I hope I can attend one of your meetings when I'm there.

Mine is a solo adventure and I am planning to rent a place with one or two rooms in Grand Baie, Pereybere, Trou Aux Biches or Flic en Flac areas. Preferably, close to the beach. I did not want to arrange this online as I want to see the places with my own eyes.

So if anyone knows a place with a monthly rental between 15 to 20 thousand rupees at most, please PM me. I prefer not to pay commission to agents, therefore please let me know if you are an owner or if you know an owner.

Also any information for cheap car rental is very welcome.

Can't wait to be there!

Cheers,
Özgür

Welcome to Expat.com Ozgur :)

The forum Mauritius being an active one, I am pretty sure members will soon respond to your questions soon :)

However, you can also have a look at the Guide Section, there are lot of information which you might find useful.

Regards

Hello Ozgur,
Am alreaady a member and i would like to assist you for any help. I do have a house for renting as you mentioned for the payment but it is found at Trou d'eau Douce in the Eastal coast of Mauritius Near Touessrok Hotel. You will have 2 minutes walks to the Beach etcc...Please let me know your decision
Thks and regards

Hi i would recommend you to check on our local newspaper lexpress.mu you go on top and click petites annonces am sure you can find something their specially you will be able to deal with owners only.Beware agency as they take a lot of commission.
Cheers
Mike

Hello Ozgur,

Next to our house in Albion (at about 18 km from Flic en Flac and Port Louis) is a little house(26 m2) with a terrace. It was originally intended for a watchman/gardener. Meanwhile our house has been equipped with an alarm and that means that the small house is vacant. The small house is suitable en furnished for a permanent occupation by one person. We rent this little house for two hundred and twenty euro monthly, incl. water, electricity, gas, bed linen and once per week housekeeping.

The house is about 200 meters from the beach.

Regards,

Aquamarlin

Thanks for all the info!

Nasreen, I prefer the west or north coast. But I'll contact you if I change my mind when I get there.

Aquamarlin, I'll send you my e-mail address for the pics. Thanks!

Mike, I browsed the web site and found some nice places. I'll check them out when I arrive.

Do you guys happen to know anyone related to budget car rental?

Cheers,
Özgür

Hi Özgür,

We can show you 2 places in Flic en Flac, in a quite street walking distance to shops and beach. Ether a large studio place
for 15,000 or a 2 bedroom place for 25,000. Both are fully equipped, there is a swimming pool and CC camera.

Have a great move,

Samuel