Home Exchange

Has anyone done any homeswap?

Any views?

Hahahahahah i have heard this term for the 1st time.. but sounds interesting :)

I personally have not been involved with a "home exchange" but I do know of a couple people that have and they had very good experiences.  As with anything though, I'm sure there are others that have had bad experiences.  There have been a number articles in leading newspapers and even TV shows about the increase in the number of people taking part in home swaps over the last few years.

There is also a big increase in a similar phenomenon: couch surfing.  The difference is that instead of swapping homes with a person you arrange via the various websites that connect people interested in offering or looking for a spare room, couch, floor space, etc to sleep on for a few days during a holiday.

I've known people who have done this as well.  In both cases, you are basically making the assumption that most humans are decent people who will take care of your things and be respectful in your home and vice versa.

As different people have different customs and levels of respect for their own belongings as well as other people and their possessions than what you may personally believe in, there is always the potential for problems to occur. As long as you are aware that it could go bad and are prepared for that potentialality, you should at least have an interesting experience and story to tell regardless of whether it turns out good or bad.

I am very interested myself in doing something like this, but have not really been motivated enough to organise for myself personally.  I would be very interested to hear about your experience if you do go through with it.  Good luck!!!

Hey Bunkoma

Thank you for your reply.I'm looking at prospective properties right now.Might be going for a swap next year.

I will keep you posted.

As for Vishal, home swap is when you go to someone's place for a holiday and they come to yours without having to pay for accomodation.

This is very common when traveling. Thinking of doing that sometime soon.

i had a friend who used to do that, and he gave me this site:

couchsurfing.com
workaway.info

If interested, please run a check, might be worthwhile.

Zakhosx thanks.Am looking into one called homeswapguide.com
at the moment.

I'll look into them too.

AAH!!
Hansa are ya planning something like in the movie Holiday??!!
Instead of going across the Atlantic you will move across the black river :P

Hey Musheer

Yes am planning something like the holiday (minus the eventual boyfriends!). Anyhow, it's worth a try:)