Buying a property

Hi !

2 Years ago i spent a holiday in Mauricus and fell in love. When i came back to Europe i could not put myself together for 3 months. The people are different, the energy is different. People are nice, food is good. The sky is clear. People are simple and honest and do not think about money 24/7.

At home there is no time to breath, there is only time to work hard and not get anough to buy yourself anything and its all about who is going to screw who and for how much.

Its preety sad ! I just want more from life.

What i would like to do is to buy a property. There is 2 possibilities i was thinking about :

1. buy a property and have around 5 to 6 rooms for guests.live and work and totaly move to mauiritius.

here i need a permanent residents. this is a huge project in life to decide to totaly move to another country + it costs a lot.

2. buy a smaller property like a small house with a yard, in a town like flick and flack or buy a bungalow ( or 2 ) and useing it for my personal holidays with my family and marketing it for tourists who would like to come for a holiday.

this project from financial site is more possible to come to life, but i do not know what the relugations are. i would not be living there for half a year. i would stay all together for 4 months in a year. meaning staying for a month, going home for 3 months. coming back for a month. at the end it costs you more, cause each time you need to pay the airplane, but i do not see i could live my whole life here today and go to another country.

i have a company and i am building a project that would work completely online, so i could live anywhere.

please advice me on what to do.

Hi
Welcome to Mauritius!!!! there are ways how you can buy propeties in Mauritius and get permanent residence. Its called IRS or RES Schemes. What I can suggest is get help of some consultants who can guide you. To get things done in this country as a forigner is very difficult. We have 2 constultants in Expat.com  who have always shared their advise Mr Vayid and Mr Nadeem. You can ask them for their suggestions or any other consultant to ensure that  you are investing  your hard earned money in the right project.

All the best!!!
Terence

Hi Mommy09, welcome to Expat-blog! :) Did you have a look at this article : Buying a property in Mauritius ? You will find more informations.

I wish you good luck, :)
Christine

I read yesterday more about it and in any way if i buy a property i have to get the permanent residence ( which is not permanent ). But having a permanent residence means a lot more than just that. There a regulations on how much time you have to spetn in Mauricius.

Never did i read that you can buy a property and use it for vacation or offering it to tourist.

another thing i was wondering. if i get that residence its only for 3 years. what happens with my property after 3 years ? is not mine anymore if i cant come into the country anymore.