How to find a job in Singapore

hi I will be moving to SG next month..

how hard is it to find a job?

and what kind of job does everyone have are planning to get?

Hi,

Your luck and chances of finding a job very much depend on your background, experience, market demand - and luck!
It has become much more difficult for foreigners in recent years.
Basically, you first need to find a company willing to employ you. This might take a few months and chances are higher if you are actually in Singapore during that time (you might apply for a PEP - Personal Employment Pass - to cover that time). Most companies nowadays shun the additional effort and paperwork needed to hire a foreigner, thus many job ads say "Singaporeans and PRs only".
Once you find an employer, they need to apply for a visa (called "employment pass") for you. The authorities will grant this only if there are no similarly skilled locals for the job, and if you have a university degree (there are very few exceptions to this rule) and suitable work experience.
Available jobs are generally high-skilled ones like high-tech, offshore oil & gas, biotechnology or finance.
If you are manual labourer from a third world country and happy with S$500-1500/month, the rules are completely different and your visa is called "work permit". I don't know much more about that process, but you also have to find an employer first.

Good luck,
    Frank

Thanks.
I'm just recently graduated Communication student.

But I am fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.

I wonder does that increase my chances. Or does experience really the only thing that cuts the cake?

As I said, you are dealing with two different things here: The employer and the authorities.
For the employer, language and experience of course counts, as does the additional paperwork for hiring a foreigner and the risk of not getting him/her a visa.
For the authorities, proof that the position cannot be filled with a local (the employer has to provide this) and your degree is needed (plus a number of other things).
As a recent graduate you might not have any skills that are lacking in Singapore. I suggest you get some suitable work experience first.

Thanks for the info Frank,

I've been in Singapore for two days now and starting to apply for positions in Marketing and Finance. I am EPEC (Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate) issued by the govenment. I have two degrees: Business Administration and Telecommunications Engineering. But I only have some experience as an Intern in two companies.

My quetion is, how can I take advantage of being in Singapore if all the applications are still made online? Is there any way to stand out for companies that might be looking for our background?

Thanks for your time and consideration
Fredi

Hi Fredi

Apart from informing future employers that you're now in Singapore and hence readily available for interviews, you could try searching for "walk-in interview" . . .
indeed.com.sg/jobs?q=Walk+in+Interview+finance&l=Singapore

In case you're not yet familiar with it, the following website is very well regarded for positions in Finance and Marketing
efinancialcareers.sg/

All the best
A