Looking for a serious non mauritian au pair to live in

Hello, My family is looking for a person to take care of my brother. He suffers from Epilepsy, he is 27 but really 5 years old. We are looking for a gentle lady, someone to live in with us to take care of him such as feed him, give him a shower, take him out, play lego etc. Kindly refer me to someone please.

Hi Tanico,

sorry to hear that your brother has serious health problems.

Why a non-mauritian ?

By the way do you know that employing a foreigner can be quite complicated ? (I am not sure you can employ an "au pair" foreigner)

Are you currently in Mauritius ?

Kind regards,

Julien

Thanks Julien. No I am not in Mauritius. I am looking for non-Mauritian because I thought it would be hard to find a local willing to leave his family. I may be wrong but the few ladies that I have spoken to are not ready to look after a man. He is really a child in the body of a man :). I am looking for a person who will accept to live in because my brother needs care full time and my parents are now too old to take care of him. Would you know anyone by any chance?

It is true that abroad au pairs are pretty common but this concept is yet to come in Mauritius. I have been looking on au pairs websites and found a number of people from the Philippines, for example, ready to make the move. But I am unaware of the procedures.

Regarding the procedure, you should contact the BOI http://www.investmauritius.com

I am sure it would be much easier to employ a skilled Mauritian.

Let's see if the Expat.com community can help

Thank you :)

Haloo Tanico?. am currently voluntearing in a center of people with the same condition as ur brother am not trained for that kind of work but i enjoy doing it am a trained chef from kenya, but if i get i kind of work were i feel fulfiled id be glad to with a whole heart . You can inbox me

Asa I know quitedifficult to have work permit.
But worth trying

Goodto have an ad to be more specific on requirements

There can be people male or female ready to help in such cases

Check with luxury recruits -miss shslinee mention my name
She can have someone to help you,
It might take trials of several to get a good one. So patience is a must.
Best regards
Will look for among my contacts
Mougam Pareatumbee