Accommodation with a dog

Hi All
I am moving to Mauritius next month with my 10 yo daughter and a dog. Having a dog in tow makes it difficult to find a place to rent. Any suggestions as to an easy way to find pet friendly 2 -3 bed accommodation is welcome. To start with I just want something simple that is ideally within walking distance of the beach / shops / restaurants for a month or two while we get our bearings and find something more permanent.   
Thanks in advance.
John

Hi John,

There are lots of vacant rental properties in Mauritius at the moment, so landlords are fairly willing to make concessions.  I don't have a dog, but while looking for accommodation in October I asked a few landlords if I could get a dog, and they were fine with it.  These properties were specifically houses with gardens.

If you are looking in the north-west, I can tell you more about your options.

Cheers,

Dan.

Thanks very much Dan.

Hi John,

Not sure if you would like to live in the west... there is a very nice house with garden in Flic en Flac. It is about a kilometer away from the beach. If interested, let me know... will check with the owner.

Take care
:)

Thank you Somya. I need to wade through a lot if info from people and then i'll message you ...
A think a sensible thing to do would be to stay somewhere short term to get more of a feel for the island before committing to something longer term.
All the best.
John