Propects for ACCA members in Mauritius

What r job prospects for ACCA (british accountancy body recognized in Mauritius) members in Mauritius?Average salary of auditors and accountants?

Hi Shanii,
There is a lot of scope for any qualified staff. You should keep trying thru job sites,or as Julian suggests post your CV int his forum, even though priority is given for Mauritians, you can never know. Salary for expats having an occupational permit is minimum MUR 30000 and should be okay to start with and then you can move upwards in life depending on your own capability. About your next question weather if you can fit in depends entirely on you. If you are an open minded person and not an introvert, and willingness to accept change than it should be okay for you or anybody else moving to Mauritius to fit in. You can subscribe for london sat TV cable it has ARY and few  other Pakistani TV channels.

Thanks for ur reply terence.U seem to know a lot about Pakistan.I shall soon post my CV.Thanks again.

You are welcome Shanii. A lot of people in this forum and outside helped me with their adivse, hence it made things easy to move into this country along with my family. I am trying to do the same for others, even though I am very busy at work , I try and find time to help others trying to relocate to Mauritius.

I also get PM's asking me to look jobs for them. I only wish I could do that. At the moment I am only an employee, if some day I start my own company, why not?

shanii wrote:

Thanks for ur reply terence.U seem to know a lot about Pakistan.I shall soon post my CV.Thanks again.

Terence u r doing great job in helping new comers.
On the thread INTERNSHIP PAY a guy called VAYID said that ACCA affiliates fetch a minimum of MUR 40000 per month(he said between 40k to 70k).I believe 40000 would be a good start for me as I am single and away from stuff like beer, smoking and all that and can manage without a car in initial period.
1)I wanna ask is there any high time in a calender year for foreigners to apply to Mauritius firms?
2)Do firms usually offer any accomodation facility for expats or it is usual to find it urself?
3)I know that Mauritius has an embassy in Pakistan but does Pakistan run an embassy in Mauritius?
Plz u or someone else answer above questions.I would be obliged.Regards.

Reply to your queries:
1. You can apply for a job any time of the year.
2. Firms sometimes offer accomdation or include it as a part of the salary package.
3.The contact of Pakistan consulate in Mauritius is
Mrs Rubina Akhtar
High Commissioner
9-A, Queen Mary Avenue
Floreal
Tel: (230) 698 8501/8502
Fax: (230) 698 8405
E-mail:[email protected]

shanii wrote:

Terence u r doing great job in helping new comers.
On the thread INTERNSHIP PAY a guy called VAYID said that ACCA affiliates fetch a minimum of MUR 40000 per month(he said between 40k to 70k).I believe 40000 would be a good start for me as I am single and away from stuff like beer, smoking and all that and can manage without a car in initial period.
1)I wanna ask is there any high time in a calender year for foreigners to apply to Mauritius firms?
2)Do firms usually offer any accomodation facility for expats or it is usual to find it urself?
3)I know that Mauritius has an embassy in Pakistan but does Pakistan run an embassy in Mauritius?
Plz u or someone else answer above questions.I would be obliged.Regards.

I work for an accountancy firm in Mauritius. We sometimes have openings for qualified personnel - most of our people are ACCA's.
If you would like to send me a private message, we can pursue further.

I am a Fully Qualified ACCA (8yr exp), who, due to the lackadaisical job market in Pakistan, was looking for a job in Kenya, since I had spent some time there earlier in the 90's, when my dad was posted there.

However, somebody recommended me Mauritius, stating that it has many opportunities for ACCA, and is a very beautiful and, more importantly, peaceful country.

Searching on Google brought me to this page. So I would like to ask, are (foreigner) ACCA truly welcome there now? Could somebody recommend me a Mauritian job portal I could look for a job on, or link to some company I could apply to?

Any information would be welcome. Thank you in advance.

In my opinion, the are job prospects in the accounting and auditing field, but still you will encounter some difficulties in getting your work permits.  The reason is that every 6 months,  are having 100s of qualified Mauritians in ACCA.  The government knows that there maybe some saturation coming in this market and definitely favors locals.  You can consult the official ACCA membership directory and will find how many Mauritians hold then ACCA and ACA qualifications. 

If you have any speciality in this field, then it can play in your favour. Else I don't advise you to even waste your energy in this job search. Not to discourage you, but to help you better direct your efforts.  I have been working in accountancy firms for more than 12 years before opening my own practice and I can tell you that ACCA qualification is not scarce over here.

Thank you Nadeem, for your advice.

Yes I realise that locals would be preferred, and I am not pining all my hope solely on a career in Mauritius. But you can't blame me for being enticed by this beautiful and peaceful Isle :P

In any case, I have sent a few CV to places that were kindly recommended to me by markdc, if I strike, well and good, if not, no harm done.;)

I am also looking at other countries, like UK, Ireland, the Gulf, and even Kenya, as I mentioned earlier. Let's see what happens.

Life is hectic in Pakistan, I love my country, but the truth is that the economy has gone to the dogs, the job market has shrunk tremendously (a few years ago I wouldn't even been having this conversation) and the overall situation is bad here, so I in constant search for peace and security, and any tip in that regard would be welcome.

Once again, thank you for your advice.

I know that Canada and Australia are on the constant look out for professionals. Some of my colleagues tried their luck in those countries and are leading quite a peaceful and happy life!

Maybe you could ask the same question on forum section addressed to those countries?