Should I move to Mauritius

Hi

I have the possible opportunity of a job in Mauritius and I need some info to help me decide whether I should give it a go.

I'm single and know nobody or much about Mauritius so any information would be greatly appreciated. The job would be at the Appollo Bramwell Hospital if I was successful, anybody know about it?

Help please!!

Jen

Hi,
If you have an opportunity to come work on the Island , Do not think twice!!!! Mauritius is a wonderful place to be.
Do not worry about not knowing anyone. you will meet people really fast.
Appollo bramwell in one of the newest hospital on the island.
Good luck

Thank you really appreciate that.

Jen

hi no worried about the country make sure u have your contract agreed on your term and condition for validity years and then u are at the safe side.
rishi

Thank you Rishi will add to my list

Jen

So You are in Mauritius already? NO?? ...What are you waiting for????? ;-)
About your concern do not hesitate any more. Living on an Island is awesome. Summer all year round, beach, party, rum etc. its like being on holiday 365 days :-)
Do not worry on the fact that you do not know anybody. Mauritian are very friendly and welcoming. Moreover there are expat groups that also help each other. contact this person Tura. https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php?id=385395 she will help you when you are here to make new friends. :-)
About where to live, it depends. I guest you would like to be close to the sea? If this is the case, you should search for something on the west coast. Albion or flic en flac is the one who will get you quicker to your place of work(Traffic can get really bad sometimes on the island). If being on the beach is not important then anything like Rose hill, Ebene, Quatre bornes, Beau bassin, Roche brunes should be ok.
What will you be doing at Apollo?
Keep me posted on your decision
Rgds

About the Apollo Bramwell Hospital, its quite ok i think. Concerning the island its great, dont think, just come over, i am mauritian, will definitely help u when u here. You may contact me for any info.

Read in between the lines of your contract, coz lately they've just been bit of crazy things like putting the people out without giving any valid reasons.

Well I personally do know couple of doctors in the country so if you are coming here don't be worried and you can stay in a town called Quatre Bornes or MOKA if you wish to stay close to the hospital :)

Dear All

Thank you all such much for your private messages was really helpful. However, unfortunately been told over qualified for job so won't to coming. Really disappointed.

Thank you again

Jen