Volunteering opportunities anyone?

Does anyone know of any volunteering opportunities during the week end? Anything concerning community and nature. For the longest time I have been looking for an opportunity to plant trees, with little success! I have called Wildlife Mauritius Foundation, but they only take volunteers during week days!

I volunteer for Mauritian Wildlife and did think they took weekend volunteers - I will check when I go on Monday.

PAWS is always looking for volunteers, not just working with the dogs but lots of different thing, i.e. gardeners, maintenance, admin etc.
Take a look at their website:
http://www.pawsmauritius.org/help.php

To do volunteering work it has to be a NGO.

Someone may come on here and give you names of other organisations that want volunteers.
Good luck :)

Thank you Dee! I will try that!

I am in voluntary works, but a kind of socio cultural. you may send me a private message if u want, u will be welcomed, then we may talk. See u soon.

you can contact mauritius agriculture marketing board or the mauritius wild lifefoundation

This is a website where you will be able to find contact details of NGOs as well as volunteering opportunities : http://www.actogether.mu

Thank you Emilie!

Have you tried volunteering for any of them?

I am working in the social field so I have worked with some of them at some point.
It depends on what you want to do and in which field you want to volunteer. It also depends on where you are staying.
If you give me these details, I'll be able to guide you on the possible NGOs to volunteer for.

[justify]some do volunteer works to be recognized & to show off, some really do it for the sake of others, sacrificing their own time & pleasures. The happiness & pleasure of others is the priority of a true volunteer, be it nature, human being or animals. A true volunteer expects nothing in return, is not interested to be recognized, & expects nothing in return, not even a thanks.

Kevinson, I do believe that whatever is the motivation of the volunteer, as long as he/she contributes to the NGO goals and vision, then we don't care about it.
Volunteering has always something to do with a "feel good factor" at some point. Recognition is actually a huge part of developing the volunteers' loyalty to the NGO.

i do agree with u emilie, but some do it just for the sale of popularity & for the sake of show off

Thank you Emilie, I have written you a message!

hi, i am looking for any volunteering opportunities in community or social fields. Willing to start as soon as possible. thanks

Hello abhishek S., you should post an advert in the Jobs in Mauritius section. It may help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi!

It depends on what you want to do and in which field. For example, I am working at PILS, an NGO fighting against HIV&AIDS and we regularly need volunteers. It ranges from HIV prevention to fund collecting during our flag days, visits to our sick patients or legal support from lawyers etc.

Describe your abilities and what you wish to do and I will help you find the right NGO for you :)

You may as well post an ad on actogether.mu, a website dedicated to social work in Mauritius.

Emilie, thanks for your service. Unfortunately we don't have many mauritians volunteering. We just want the nice expensive car and a nice house.