Business in Mauritius

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site.  My fiance and I are interested in moving to Mauritius and we have a few questions:

Does anyone know about regulations for buying a business in Mauritius or starting a new business?  We have a guesthouse in South Africa but would really like to sell up and do a similar project in Mauritius.  We would also be interested in a bar or restaurant but do not know if this is allowed.

Is there a minimum amount of money you have to bring into the country to move there?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Maureen

The company I work for handles inbound,outbound tours, speed boat charters , bunglow, apt , chalet rental, reloaction and investment services. It will be my pleasure to help you.

Hi Terence
I am coming to Mau. in Nov/Dec. I would like to meet up with the expat in Mau. May be we can arrange to meet up.
I might need a bungalow when I will be in Mau.

Sure BG16, just send me an e-mail and I will do the necessary arrangements. I would be great to meet you along with the expats in NOV\DEC. In fact when I met with the expats this month I was a bit lost as I dont speak french. But Julien and Christine made me feel welcome. I have bought a book that translates English to French and Creole. I think I should get the hang of it in a couple of months.

Hi Maureen,

you should have a look to the work in Mauritius section, in particular this article: how to set up a business in Mauritius

Hope this helps,

Julien