Unprofessional behaviour from employer after EP approval

Hi guys,
  I am in a difficult situation. I was offered a job from a big company in Singapore and it took 3 months to get the EP approved. They offered me sign on bonus as well. But after approval they are asking me to reduce the notice period and use sign on bonus to offset it. And they are asking me if not possible they might cancel the offer. I have already resigned from my current company. I made all this clear about my notice period etc but now they are acting like this. .This is highly unprofessional and I could not expect this in Singapore :( any ideas how to handle this?

Negotiate with your current employer, if this was all agreed upon and your talent is niche- doubt companies after struggling to get you onboard will cancel the offer :)

On the other hand, think whether it is worth working for such an employer. If they already don't keep their word at the start, it will probably be worse later on!

Hi guys, following on from this thread, I need your guidance on how to handle this.

- EP is approved
- HR forced me to join early which I said not possible due to my notice period mentioned in the contract also I have some tasks to deal with.
- he then said later the position has been filled and will share more details - and have stopped replying to my emails for two weeks which was very surprising for me.
- My current EP expiry is coming soon and they cant apply for renewal until my new employer resolves this.

Please suggest what are the options for me? should I wait more and if the new employer does not respond me how should I handle this? This is quite new to me as never experienced this in my career.

Thanks.

I'd honestly suggest you continue working for the employer you are currently with because even after your resignation, they are ok to renew your EP. You don't find that often to be the case :)

New one, as Beppi had mentioned, don't even bother. Get them to cancel the IPA, continue work where you at and probably later on think of a switch. Not worth joining such a firm.

yeah I totally agree with you. Thank you for replying. I appreciate that :)

Hi Beppi and Shekhz, I thank you for your replies and helping me in this matter. The new company has withdrawn the application.

Thanks again.