Work permits against DP

Is it possible for Work Permit against DP in IT field?
Any experiences on WP against DP ?

You are better off getting your own work pass (e.g. EP) instead of a WP that depends on your spouse.

Not sure about your question though. To work in Singapore you must have a work pass (EP or S-pass), in another means an employer will have to sponsor in order for a foreigner to work in Singapore.
So, what do you mean by work permit against DP? We have shared detailed changes in a separate thread that DP holders can't work under LoC. Good luck

Hi Soggi,

yes it is possible to get work permit for a person who holds DP and works in IT field. As long as with a valid range of salary that is not more than 6k per month would be able to get work permit approved successfully. If more than 6K little tough in success rate. Also it is possible to get the desired designation as well.

Hope this clarifies.

Hi,
Please check in this forum.
I remember seeing a thread where a person was working on work permit in IT field with salary of 8k plus.
Her EP was rejected thrice. So her company applied for her work permit and it was approved

Hi, guys my agency told they are paying 800 sgd levy for my salary of 5500 which is 14.5%. does it look ok??

Feb2Oct: Levies depend on the kind of your work pass. You can read about it on the MoM webpage. Levies must be paid by the employer (not the agency or you), so why do you care?

I just looked it up: The levy is between S$250 and S$950 per month, see http://mof.gov.sg/docs/librariesprovide … nnexc3.pdf

Reviving this thread to ask a question on a related topic since this concept (work permits against DP in software/ IT field) ..

I see that the Work Permit is against the DP and valid till the DP expiry date.

Do we know if:
1. The WP is automatically extended when the DP is renewed ? Or does it need to be filed afresh ?
2. Will a new WP be required if the primary EP holder changes jobs and hence the DP (though same number) is generated again ?