Average salary for International Primary Teacher

Hi all,

I am looking to try and find out the average salary for an International Primary Teaching post.  I am hoping to secure a post for next summer and doing as much research as possible from the UK in advance.  One of the things I'm finding difficult to gauge is the average monthly/annual salary.  I understand that there will be a range and this will depend on experience (I have 20 years Primary teaching experience in the UK) so any bench marks would prove most helpful and will give me an idea of my standard of living.  I would be moving with a 16 year old who would need to do her A-Levels/IB diploma in the same school and would also assume that housing and medical would come as part of the deal.

Any advice or help on this would be most welcome and many thanks in advance.
Lou

Your question can only be answered for Singapore public schools, which have a regular pay structure but never include housing and school access for kids.
International schools, which might include the above if you negotiate your package well (and they really need you), have a much wider range of salaries depending on the nature and nationality of the school. You'll probably have to contact them individually. But keep in mind that cushy "Expat Packages" are mostly a thing of the past: You will get at most an adequate compensation for the higher living costs in Singapore (which is one of the most expensive places on earth, after all). But then again, Singapore salaries are not too bad (and taxes low).