Health insurance for parents on dependent visa

Hi
We have recently planned to status of my mother in law's visa to resident.
I have no idea on the health insurance policy to select for her.
She is 70+ and we are looking more like out patients benefit rather than inpatient benefits.

Could someone suggest on this thank you

Hello...I have taken AXA insurance for my mom who is 63 years old. It is really good. You get approvals easily.

Thank you for the reply. Do my mother in law need to do a health exam before the policy activated. Will the premium amt vary as per the medical report??

There is no detailed health exam but you need to disclose any pre-existing conditions e.g. diabetes, heart disease etc.  If you don't disclose truthfully, they will refuse when you claim and in worst case, withdraw the policy.   Insurance costs are higher for older people and even more so for pre-existing conditions (and may require a health screen prior to underwriting).

Yes, she will need to do some medical tests. That will be decided based on the form you fill up disclosing any pre-existing conditions she has like diabetes, hypertension, etc. Every medical case is different. The premium amount will depend on that. That is the general procedure for almost all the insurance providers. But I found that AXA has a good network all over the UAE not only in a particular emirate. My mom has suddenly suffered from tinnitus issue after taking the insurance. But we are getting all the approvals for various procedures easily. That is a big plus point with AXA.

Yes understand

Thank you szareen . Your information is helpful to me to understand things better. I am looking into the process. I don't want take any risk in the case of elders health.