Zack Medical Dubai

Hay anyone tried Zack Medical Centre in Dubai for HIV testing? I just wanted to know whether they r legit with the results or just give negative results to everyone?

Why would they give you a negative result for no reason?  and secondly, do you expect anyone to respond here and tell you that they had a positive result?  So it's a silly question :)

They are legit.  They don't do the tests themselves and send the samples out to accredited laboratories in the UAE (Al Borg, scientific clinical etc).  Only the client dealing and sample collection takes place at their clinic.   Secondly, NO clinic can operate in Dubai without clearance and approval from the DHA.  So yes, they are licensed and accredited.

What they do is that they work within the letter of the law.   If you have a positive HIV result then every clinic is obligated to report it immediately to DHA - ZMH included.  However, it is considered a positive result after a confirmatory test e.g. western blot.  What Zack and other similar clinics do is that on a positive result, they tell you and report it only if you do a confirmatory test (if that turns out to be positive too).  So basically, if your result turns out to be positive, you don't make the appointment for a confirmatory test (or do one outside of the GCC), sort out your affairs (resign from job, sell cars, close bank accounts etc) and leave the UAE.  You just get time to put things in order and escape the deportation / permanent ban.  If you don't do this then by the time, the preliminary results for the first test make their way to the DHA as part of the overall data collection from clinics, you will be compelled to go in for a confirmatory by DHA themselves.  So your life in the GCC is over in any case - it's just a question of how you go.   

All in all, ZMC provide a great service as this is pretty much as close to anonymous testing you will come to in the GCC.  Note that in the past they didn't take any proof of ID from you; so you could be really anonymous (don't accept medical insurance either - only cash or cards).  Not sure how it works now.

Also, I do know people who have had positive results for other STDs at Zack (the results are sent to them via email along with prescription for medicine from the doctor) - not HIV though as no one would share that information in the UAE.

Personally, from the way you put the question, I would advise you to go and get a full STD check up and not just HIV.  You may have something other than HIV which could affect your health if not the visa!

Just an update on this, I went to Zacks (also got a negative), and they asked and took my Emirates ID and scanned it as soon as I got in there, before I even met with the Doctor.

I didnt contest it and just did it as had already had a negative from another clinic, so was already kind of hopeful it would be negative. Just did it for my anxiety. As XTang says, the results come from a leading lab and you are emailed the print out. It is the same lab one of the other STD Clinics use. So pretty confident the results are legit (only my anxiety tell me they are not).

To be honest, being deported is the last of your worries if diagnosed, hence why I tested in Dubai. I just had to know.

Thanks for the update.  The EID thing is new.  In the past they didn't take any identification.   People who signed up then and have files, can walk in still and quote file number and get tests done.

DNA Health at Al Qasr didnt take ID, as an FYI.

@daveyboy19831 hi bro hope you're

well can you please suggest me some clinics where i can get the hiv test done other than zack?  Im really worried