Filipino here in UAE with old lung scar already got job offer

Hi guys.

I know I'm not alone.
I got a job offer last month here. They're already processing my employment visa. The scary part is the medical. Which I know, I have an old lung scar (caused by ptb) not knowing how, where I got it. So, i got medication a long time ago...
I am in my point of my life where I am thinking to withdraw  my application to the company and not proceed the medical because I don't want to be deported and banned permanently in UAE. Because I still want to visit my mom here and maybe the law might change in the future regarding our situation. I'm still young. It's not that I'm "duwag" I'm just being practical and realistic. My mom's okay whatever my decision is.

She said I should tell my company what's my medical situation and ask if they could do something about it or lift it so I could get "fit to work" or if not I will withdraw my job offer and ask them not to proceed my visa. Is it the right thing to do? I couldn't sleep thinking about what would the result of my medical be.

Have you been tested already by GAMCA?

If not, my advice would be to discuss with your employer and be open to withdraw the application if they suggest it.  Any form of lung scars are a big no-no for GCC countries and while UAE is better in the respect that they allow for some old TB applicants to renew visas; new visas are NOT issued (As is your case).

Not yet.

I already told my employer. They asked me to go to the office and discuss about it.

Good luck to me.

Okay so, i just got home from the company.

I told them my story and shown my medical certificates. They said, there's nothing I should worry about if it is only a scar and it's not contagious and not affecting my health now. And I should take the chance to go through all the process then I would know, and that I should be positive.

First, I was relieved bec that was the first time I got an opinion from a resident here and it's from the HR of the company. I never thought they will motivate me, I thought they will suggest to give back my docs and withdraw my application, but not.

But, even I told them there are cases that ppl are getting deported and banned from having this scar. They still said I should pursue..

Is it possible they don't know the ruling about this??

Then they told me, they already requested for my employment visa, and that they already paid.

Then I thought, oooohh maybe that's why. Maybe that's the reason they want me to continue bec they already paid?? They did not actually told me they're going to request already bec I haven't completed my requirements yet (certificate of good moral) so i didn't know.

Am I just being negative?? Or paranoid?? Or should I be worried or not?

Are you in the UAE and you went to the office in the uae?

Or is this a company in your home country?

The ruling is not new. Its been around for decades.

Okay so, i just got home from the company.

I told them my story and shown my medical certificates. They said, there's nothing I should worry about if it is only a scar and it's not contagious and not affecting my health now. And I should take the chance to go through all the process then I would know, and that I should be positive.

First, I was relieved bec that was the first time I got an opinion from a resident here and it's from the HR of the company. I never thought they will motivate me, I thought they will suggest to give back my docs and withdraw my application, but not.

But, even I told them there are cases that ppl are getting deported and banned from having this scar. They still said I should pursue..

Is it possible they don't know the ruling about this??

Then they told me, they already requested for my employment visa, and that they already paid.

Then I thought, oooohh maybe that's why. Maybe that's the reason they want me to continue bec they already paid?? They did not actually told me they're going to request already bec I haven't completed my requirements yet (certificate of good moral) so i didn't know.

Am I just being negative?? Or paranoid?? Or should I be worried or not?

As I said in the previous post, you need to be more specific.

1) Have you gone through a GAMCA medical and if so, what was the result?  they would need to submit a medical report to apply for an employment visa for you.  Unless you are already in the UAE on a visit visa, are you?
2) What is the process according to the company that you have to follow now?  when and where is the medical?

It is up to you what route you want to follow.  There are people with lung scars who apply for new visas and they get approved.  However, the way it works is that they have you take sputum on mantoux skin test to check if the scar is due to TB or not. If that test is positive, then you don't get the visa.  And then again, sometimes when the scarring is clearly shown as a TB scar, you are marked UNFIT out of hand.   But then again, you haven't given enough details - if you are transferring from an existing visa then I wouldn't worry.

I have not taken GAMCA.
I am already here in uae in tourist visa. The expiration of my visa is on april 24th. My company already requested for my employment visa. I have not taken medical (blood and xray) yet. They said the process of visa would take 2 weeks. Then I'll exit (a to a). They are going to send me my contract later via email to sign. My friend that got hired also before me, will be joining today to the company and has not taken medical yet.

They said if it's just a scar i don't have to worry, as long as it doesn't affect my health now. They know it's from ptb bec I'd shown my medical certificates from my home country. Although the hr said i don't really have to show them (during medical) the med certs.

I'm just confused bec they said "dont worry" as if it's not big of a deal, when in fact I cannot sleep bec I cant stop thinking about what will the result of my medical be. Are they going to help me bec they're still pursuing my job application??

Look I think it is your choice.

It is a risk especially if the scar is clearly seen and is a TB scar.  Browse the forums, you will see stories of a lot of people who were deported because of this.   

In my experience, most HR departments are unaware of the exact medical guidelines as UNFIT cases as a percentage are not that common.  When I moved to the UAE, I was told many things about the medical by the HR team and PROs and none of them proved to be correct.  Why?  because the company that I joined; despite being a big multinational and having 500 people on the ground had never had any UNFIT case in the recent past. 

In contrast, companies that employ a lot of labor or service blue collars are very very familiar because they hire so many people from different socioeconomic strata that they come across these cases much more often.

I really don't want to be deported and banned, because my mom's here and some of my relatives, I still want to go here just in case I finished my tourist visa without a job. I can't do that if I get banned.

But, my company told me that they already paid for the processing of my employment visa. And that i didn't disclose this issue beforehand (in the interview). That's why it's like i have no choice but to go with the flow? Maybe they won't give me back my passport just because this is my concern (like for them it's not a big deal).

It's an exchange company.

So white collar job.  The problem is that you have signed the contract and they have already applied.  To back out of all of that requires a lot of effort.  It is your call if you want to make that effort or go with the flow and hope for the best.

I haven't sign the contract yet, they will just send me today or maybe this week the contract to sign.

What if I didn't want to sign the contract (for example) and my visa is still on process..

Is there any legal action they could do against me? Will they ask me to pay or arrest me or whatever..

You must have signed something?  like an offer letter or any document in Arabic?

They can't arrest you :)   at worst, they will ask you to pay for the costs which will depend on what you signed.  They can also not cancel the visa if it's been issued which can cause you problems for a while coming into the country on tourist visas.  It is difficult to predict.  You might want to have an open discussion with them once you decide what to do.

Yes i have signed a job offer.

Well, they might ask me to because they paid for the visa already, and the HR put an emphasis on that.

Then I have no choice but to go with the flow. I might need to face my reality. If it's God's will. Let's just hope for the best! (Fingers crossed)

I really want to work here.

Thank you for your time...for answering all my questions and concerns, it helped!  :top:

Best of luck!!!

Hey ...How did your medical go? Has it been processed or yet to happen?

hi i came here because i have the same situation. when i was in my home country in my previous work i was diagnosed with PTB lung infiltrates plueral effusion vs plueral thickening, i consulted 2 pulmonologist doctor in the phil, both of them told me that im cleared. im here now in dubai i got hired and im done with medical test xray and blood. i still tried to do the medical test even though i worried so much because of my condition. its already 3days ago and my company havent called me yet about the result of m medical test.
i hope that God will help me, also i will pray for those people who have the same situation like me and for those who are striving hard to have a better future.

How did your medical go?

Hello everyone.

So i already got my working visa last Monday and did my exit a to a last Tuesday. I joined the company yesterday already. And company HR already sent request of my Emirates ID but no medical yet :( so even I'm already starting I still don't feel satisfied bec I haven't pass the medical :( QUESTION.... if ever the result of medical went bad, and I already signed contract... what will happen?? Will I pay for my unfinished contract?? I don't want to pay 8000aed for non completion. I asked HR if what will happen if ever but all he said was “dont worry, we'll take care of it” I feel like they are just being kind so I wont get demotivated. Comments??

hello.. until now my company havent called me yet regarding the result of my xray and blood test. but i will update this forum once i receive the result.
i did everything when i was in philippines, i started to live a healthy lifestyle after i resigned from my work. i avoid fast food, i cooked my own food. i drink milk before going to bed i dont know if that will help, also i watched youtube to get info of natural remedies for Tb.
i want to be with my mother coz i havent been with her for a long time,im also scared being deported. i hope that God will let me work in dubai.

Yes same here. My mom is here, and i dont want to miss the opportunity. We have already a lot of expenses just to pursue this job. It takes sacrifices, but I wish it's all worth it. Atleast we tried. You've been here for 3 months already? You already signed contract?

i only signed job offer. ive been here for more than 1 month.
yes i tried despite of the fear. i hope that i can get through with this situation.

i will pray for our good health  :)

hello, i was called for retest, i dont know if this is the end.
whatever will happen i just need to accept it.
im feeling down right now. im already losing hope.

Re-test? Maybe they will double check and/or add tests to confirm if it's active or not?

What ever it is, best of luck! And pray.

We hope it's going to be okay.

Update us what will happen next.

thank you so much
i heard from someone even if the retest outcome were negative. dubai will still deport me.
im not really sure. i hope that it wont happen to me.

yes i will keep u updated  :)

Did you tell them you had tb before?

Really? Any kind of lung scar and still be deported?

I already signed contract i really hope i wont pay anything.  :sosad:

Good luck! Still pray.

If i already signed limited contract and my medical result is not okay, will i pay for the contract? Thank you

for non completion of contract i really dont have an idea.
in my previous work in phil they always consider it as PTB and i dont tell my employer here in dubai that i have this condition.
i was a smoker and alcoholic before maybe this was one of the reason that affected my health.
i was also informed that they will retest me for 3 consecutive days.
im so sad, im thinking about the sacrifice of my mom just to bring me here in dubai.

Read your contract.  It should say something like "subject to successful completion of medical and other formalities".  And if it doesn't say anything about refund of costs or payment of fees, you don't have to.

i hope that everything will go well for u, i havent started my job yet, because they want to make sure that im medically fit.
when i was in the phil, when i get 2nd opinion from pulmo doctors they always issue me a medical cert that im fit to work, sputums are always negative. thats why i grab this opportunity going to dubai.
if retest outcome is negative, i hope dubai wont deport me.

sometimes there are things that dont turn the way we like  :sosad:
we just have to keep on fighting, maybe dubai is not for me, but i will still do the retest.
i know its my fault coz i didnt take care of myself.

i hope ur okay, i will keep on praying for us.
God bless

It's not stated in my contract

When is your retest?

I think I'm going to do finger printing for the emirates id tomorrow, and then medical (not sure)

The day has come. Let's just hope for the best.

God knows we did everything, we tried, no what if's, right? We can still work in the philippines or other countries.

hello..im done wih emirates id,
im also done with 2day sputum test.
i need to wait 1 week to collect the result.

yes, im also thinking about that, i will try other country.
but im still hoping to work here in dubai
coz i really wanted to be with my mother

ANother week, i see. Good luck again! Just pray.

I asked my hr if i will have to pay anything if my contract get canceled just in case my medical won't turn out good.

Atleast it's clear on both parties.

Did you pay for additional tests?

no i didnt pay for the second medical test,
i just bring a photocopy of my passport and employment visa,
also my supervisor just gave me a printed copy form online that im for a retest

hello senacute, whats the update of your medical status?

Hello senacute, Good morning whats the status of your medical retest?

Already had my medical at Al Qouz Mall (medical center) last Thursday, May 10. I still don't know the results yet.

I'm nervous! Any minute/time... I will know na my destiny! Praying for the best 🙏🏻

I should be ready, whatever it leads me.