Anonymous HIV testing in Dubai

Hi,

I found some labs in Dubai that agreed to test for HIV without taking my I.D

However, I have concerns, and they are:

1) If they do not take my I.D, accept only cash, and do not give me any receipts, how do I know they will actually send the sample in for testing? What's stopping them from dumping my sample in the bin and giving me false negatives or something? I have nothing in my hand to hold them accountable, How can I trust their "results"?

2) Even if their results can be trusted, how can I be sure the authorities will not be notified? These labs assured me that the Health Authorities would not be notified, but how would that process work? They said that they don't test the samples themselves, but send them to other labs for testing, so if that's the case, how can they assure me that any positive result would not result in the health authorities being notified?

I look forward to hearing from you, I have been waiting anxiously for months, and just want peace of mind already.

Many thanks

As per my response to you in private message; reproducing it here so that others can benefit:

1) If its a decent accredited lab, there is not much worry about that. Besides it's not like you have a choice do you?

2) The process calls for a confirmatory test if the result is positive.  After this confirmatory test, the authorities have to be notified by law.  So how it works is that these labs tell you to come in for a confirmatory test which you then don't show up for.  Then you have a few months to put your affairs in order and leave the UAE without a ban - as the non follow up for confirmatory test takes time to make it to the MOH for them to call you.

Yep. And they don't report onward before the confirmatory test is done.  So no pressure from authorities to come in for testing.

Would one be prevented, in this case (positive test but no confirmatory test) from returning to the UAE as a tourist?

Not unless confirmatory test is done.

Good afternoon .I want to do my hiv test bust I'm scared to give my ID to the climoc .I'm looking for any clinic where I can do my blood test without ID.if someone knows any clinic plz  help me

Do you know of any such test centres that dont take the ID? Id like to have a test done....

The only one that I knew of was Zack.  But I don't know if they have tightened procedures recently or not.   As by law, reporting for these kind of diseases is required AFTER a confirmatory test.   So they had a way around it by asking you to come for a confirmatory test and you could choose not to go.

Having said that, that only buys you time if you are positive.  As eventually, when the records of the tests are shared with MOH over the coming months, they, themselves will call you for a confirmatory test.

So if you are hiv positive you not allowed to work in UAE or stay?

No you are not allowed to work. In fact, you are deported and banned.

I did the test in Abu Dhabi without giving my id only email

Can anyone help me find a clinic where I can have my HIV test done without taking my ID? Or any HIV test kit where I can buy from.

Hey..

can you share the clinic name? I want to do.

ArDxb wrote:

Can anyone help me find a clinic where I can have my HIV test done without taking my ID? Or any HIV test kit where I can buy from.

have you received any inforation?

hazaakhalifa45 wrote:

I did the test in Abu Dhabi without giving my id only email

can you share the clinic name? I want to do

@hazaakhalifa45 can u share me

@ArDxb [link moderated]/

They do home delivery for the kit as well as collection of samples. You will receive results in ur email. You can request to be anonymous. They do value each one's privacy.

@paddy thinkton can u share me with private massage