HEPATITIS B REACTIVE

Hi good day! I have Hepatitis B-Reactive and applying as an operations manager in a construction company in UAE-Dubai. I've read some articles about this case and it says that the test for hepatitis B has been relaxed and only applicable if the job you're applying falls in six categories.
If I applied for working visa, do I need to undergo this kind of test and if found positive I will be deported? Please share information about this case.

The ministry if health said they test everything and they will give the results to the immigration and the immigration will decide whether you will stay or you will be deported.

as per my knowledge your visa will have some problems due to B

I am not sure why people persist in giving wrong information based on anecdotal incidents. 

Please refer to official GOVERNMENT communication.  See the link below:

https://government.ae/en/information-an … dence-visa

You don't have to worry if you are not within these six categories as listed on the site.  Also click on the last link i.e. residence visa medical tests to see what tests are done.

I called the minister of health landline and its not just base on anecdotal incidents lol

Yassie wrote:

I called the minister of health landline and its not just base on anecdotal incidents lol

Good. They should then update it on all of their websites which obviously are giving wrong information :) .

Also if you have confirmation then why come here and ask questions - on the other thread about Hep B and Hep C.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 77#4128165

What we are discussing is something slightly different than what you are saying. Which is that you won't be tested for Hep B if you are not in those six categories. See list of tests on MOH site by category.

If you are tested by request of sponsor (not government) for the other categories and if its a new visa then the outcome can be debated. But its really up to the sponsor.

One Time, I called the Dubai Health Authority regarding my case and then they said it will not be tested. But from other sources, many of them got deported because of hepatitis B. Can you give me updated sources regarding the new rules? Thank you

The link above is the official government website.  To my knowledge, there is no change to the rules.

If DHA says you won't be tested then why are you worried?  what other sources are you referring to?   

The basic problem in these threads about medicals is that of human psychology:

1) Constant questions which vary between the extremes of assuming the worst or hoping for an unreasonable best outcome - this appears as refusal to believe whatever other people say as advice :)
2) Reliance on anecdotal information such as he said / she said or
3) Half baked actions such as Oh I made one call, spoke to a random operator and I now know everything better than what the Government is publishing on their website - per my previous reply to the lady above

All of this is great for giving yourself a nervous breakdown.  As well as annoying people who are trying to help.

I will be blunt.  You have Hep B and you want to work in the UAE - in the GCC currently, this is the only country which will allow you to work with Hep B, all the rest will deport you.  I assume you don't have better work options in your home country.  So what do you have to lose? the worst that can happen is that you don't get the job and best is that everything works out.  If you are really worried, follow a middle ground; don't resign from current job until you have the visa stamped in your passport after medical.

hixtang, how about I'm not belong in that 6 category, and I'm positive to hep b, are they still release my Emirates I'd? tnx for the reply.

Look, theoretically yes it shouldn't be a problem. But thing are arbitrary in this part of the world. Also if you come through gamca, they will refuse you for sure.... So come here on a visit visa and then try to transfer.

@ xtang, i have read a cabinet resolution 5 of 2016 in dubai online stating that all new comers are now checked for hepa b regardless of category.. what can you say about this? are positive cases be deported?

what is gamca, I'll go there with tourist visa. what work do you think should be fit on me, is there a medical encoder there?

hi
i am already here in dubai. i just want to ask if i will work as a sales or cashier in supermarket will i be tested also for hep b?

hi @xtang!
can u please advice me regarding on my first post. your reply would be much appreciated. thanks

As far as I heard regarding recent events; for a first time entrant, they do test you but give you the visa if you are not in the 6 categories.  6 categories are profession not necessarily the business that you are working in.  For example, if you work in a supermarket as a cashier, it should be ok but not if you are a food handler in a supermarket.

thank you for your response sir xtang

Read the thread carefully from beginning to end.  All of your questions have already been answered.  There is no point in me repeating myself all the time.  If there is something different you need to ask, sure.

xtang am I allowed to work as cashier in supermarket or not?

Read the thread carefully from beginning to end.  All of your questions have already been answered.  There is no point in me repeating myself all the time.  If there is something different you need to ask, sure.

Tanya, if your work in a supermarket, you will be tested, regardless what position you will be placed in. The medical screening center would see that the company applying for visa is a supermarket which sells food, anything related to food , you will be tested. I know a friend of mine who got tested works in almaya supermarket, he does not have hep b but her gf has hep b, he checked the test in behalf of her gf.

ouch ,how about receptionist on a hotel?

Yes it will be tested

if receptionist in a business building?

do you think I can apply as front desk receptionist in a business building?

Did they test you for hep b?

I didn't yet undergo medical,maybe on 1st week of January 2019

yes .. you will allow.. i am in dubai from last year, i had same hep b,, under 6 cat they are checking.
i am fit and working
if you want detail call me
vipul

or wats app ***

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum please, thank you
vipulpatel1973 wrote:

yes .. you will allow.. i am in dubai from last year, i had same hep b,, under 6 cat they are checking.
i am fit and working
if you want detail call me
vipul

can i ask some question?

Anyone went for medical recently with hepb ?

my medical will be on March 6

Why people have hepa b can apply or re-apply in uae while people have scar on their lungs cannot??scar cannot removed it will remained scar..so why cannot enter in uae anymore??hoping for someone to reply..thanks

If a person fails the medical fitness test due to a past disease, he or she may submit all medical records to the Health Ministry to satisfy them that the individual has been cured of the malady. One has to carry all medical records duly notarised and legalised from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in one's home country and the UAE Embassy there. Subsequently, these records need to be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE.

I just want to share a good news to everyone who is suffering from Hepa like me and would want to find a JOB here in UAE. I got my medical result last monday and it says I am physically fit.. I cried upon knowing the result because I was so afraid that anytime after my medical I will be deported back to my home land. I waited for 48 hrs for the result and those hours are so far the hardest hours for me as I dont know what will happen to me after the result will come out. I am silently praying every hour that everything will be okay that god will help me and make things possible. I even start crying at every night because i was so afraid to be deported anytime after my medical result. But God is so Good.. The HR officer from the Office where I am hired as Admin Staff informed me that they received the medical result and I am Physically fit for the JOB.. There is still HOPE for everyone of us.. Keep fighting!

Me too I got my medical result today, my colleague saw it in our email and I'm thankful to God, they didn't check ur blood for hep b if your not working in 6 categories....don't lose hope guys, just come here as visit visa and avoid working with the jobs the falls in 6 Categories..just pray and obey God and he will answer all your prayers.

Hi. On what field are you currently working?

Mrs.val wrote:

Why people have hepa b can apply or re-apply in uae while people have scar on their lungs cannot??scar cannot removed it will remained scar..so why cannot enter in uae anymore??hoping for someone to reply..thanks

Because they are more scared of TB vs. Hep B.  It is the transmission mechanism.  TB can spread by air droplets i.e. sneezing or being in the same room as an infected person.  Whereas Hep B is a blood based transmission i.e. sexual contact, needles, transfusions etc.  So theoretically speaking, there is more chance for a TB patient to infect people in close surroundings especially ones who are not trained medical professionals such as family and friends.  And if you notice, for Hep B, they still don't give visas for 6 professions because those professions have a higher chance to spread it.  TB, irrespective of profession, anyone has a chance to spread it.

I do agree however that cases of past TB i.e. you had it and then it was cured, are not a threat.  But I guess it is their policy.  There has been some relaxation however i.e. people with scars who are currently in the UAE, can get visas on transfers.  It is banned only for new visas now.  In the past, it was banned for everyone.

I have hep B which not active and viral load too small . I have doctor's certificate that not active and not communicable . Please tell me I want to work as a pilot

Can I get visa

Check with your employer.  They will be able to guide you better.  But as I said many times in this and other threads, if your profession is not part of the 6 that have been highlighted, you should have no issue.