EP renewal rejected die to big change in salary

lose-lose situation, a no-win situation. Meaning, there is no way to be approved for both scenarios because they will still reject your application whether you follow SAT salary threshold or not.

Captain: If there are other reasons for rejection, adjusting the salary is indeed not the solution.

This is the remarks from MoM:

"The salary offered does not seem commensurate with the candidate's credentials"

That means the offered pay is either too high or too low for someone of that background (education, work experience) in the offered position.
The  employer should, before appealing, get more information from MoM. An appeal without it has no chance.

Hi,

Been searching for same scenario as mine but most cases are either they are still pending or rejected. Not much approved, so I am a bit worried about my situation.

With this common issue, would you guys know the average success rate? Especially for those startup companies.

Just to add, it's just weird that the employer did not ask any documents from me. From what I've read, MoM usually asks the applicants to provide more documents when appealing.

Hi All,
Need help regarding my case.

I have same reason as above.

Company: local agency holding pass and placed in IT MNC ( declared to mom)
- EP application: Renewal.

Reason : The salary offered does not seem commensurate with the candidate's credentials

- Salary:
Previous salary : 7200
New EP renewal application : 7280 ( as per minimum SAT)

Applied again with 7400 and rejected again

- Education:
Total experience 7 years / 5 years in SG

Post grad diploma (6 months)
Not available in drop down
Dataflow verification was submitted last year for post grad

Master ( distence learning 2 years)
Graduation ( 3 years)

Captain: MoM does not always ask for additional documents from the job seeker - only if the employer forgot something.

Email90: This means your offered salary is either too high or too low. The employer should, before appealing, have asked MoM which range is acceptable for you. After rejection of the appeal, you probably lost the chance for this job. Look for an employer with more experienced HR!

Beppi : I love my current job and working here only from last 9 months.

My EP was again reapplied and rejected, they never went for appeal as HR was confused that's it's rejected due to salary on higher side or lower side. I asked my HR to follow up with MOM regarding rejection reason but she said MOM will not disclose it's higher side or lower side.

I saw some rejection reason says
"Higher salary offered does not seem commensurate with the candidate's credentials" but mine is "The salary offered does not seem commensurate with the candidate's credentials"

One more thing if my salary on higher side then mom should object on my 1st EP application ( 2020)  filed with 7200 but they are objecting on renewal after 9 months 7280 / 7240 ( 2nd try).

Email90: Did you check what the SAT says about your required salary?
In any case, it seems the employer has screwed things up by refusing to ask MoM and then adjusting the salary by just a few 10S$. Good luck in finding another employer!

As per SAT getting EP in 7280$ but HR tried with 7400$ also rejected. Asked HR today to follow up with MOM and get the details about EP rejection reason. I really don't want to switch so early ( like current work and reflect bad on my CV as well) and HR offered to apply Spass if nothing can be done for EP.

I have received same rejection reason. I am currently working on LOC and quite underpaid for my role.
New employer gave me a good jump and applied EP. The EP and appeal both are rejected mentioning candidate do not command the salary offered. Further appeals are unlikely to be successful.

Hi All,
I am Indian Software eng. having 7 years of exp, Need one advice Please.
My EP got rejected today and HR says the reason is high increase in salary.
Earlier my salary was $6800 and now $8000. I asked to apply for appeal with some justification but they said this could be risky.
So they are saying we can apply from some other consultancy and salary would be $7200 and rest amount they can add as bonus at end.
I need advice what are the chances that EP can approve.
By Current EP is expiring on 18 th sep, I am running out of time.
Anyone who faced same issue, pls advice or some expert advice .

Easiest way is via an appeal, try speaking to the employer again and convince them.

If not, you have no option but to go through the alternate route (but remember, bonuses are not documented, also not a part of your fixed salary). Also, if not mistaken, you would be working for a parent company, why would they want to hire you under some consultancy?

Thank you Shekhz,
Actually i ask them to go for Appeal, It may take less time, but they are saying it may be risky so better go with new application.
Exact Reason they sent me as : "the salary offered does not seem commensurate with the candidate's credentials"
yes bonus will not be documented, but i dont have any other option i guess other than applying with less salary.
Yes i am in contratual job with Fintech company, so they hire me from some consultancy.
Right now my worry is just to get EP approved, because i will be on STVP from 18th sept.

Hi  Mohitkashyap2793,

Can you please update EP outcome timeliness, I am also in similar situation EP applied on 10th Aug, still no update in status.

Thanks

Do note that a fresh application is not guaranteed to be approved within the timelines mentioned. May, may not- work towards a plan B too

Hi Victor234,
applied on 23 aug and rejected on 6 sept.

Hi @shekhz,

I tried to convince them but they are still saying updating salary and appealing is risky. So will go for new EP. But my worry is if this gets rejected then no backup plan.
I am also thinking it wont come in timeline, but i am hoping it should be approved in STVP period

Mohitkashya: If they start a new EP application only now, it will certainly NOT be decided on before 18.Sep.
You should urgently make a plan B!

Hi Beppi,
can you help to clearly state what could be plan B ? searching for new job ?

A plan B could be getting another kind of visa to cover the gap between expiry of your current one and issuance of the new EP (IF it is approved, which is not assured!). Or, if you cannot get such a visa, prepare to leave Singapore (temporarily).

Hi Mohit - did you ask the HR what did they mean by the salary offered does not commensurate with the candidate's credentials?  The HR should clearly tell you what does it mean.
I mean it could be helpful if you can support your case by educational verification reports, may be. Currently it seems MOM is scrutinizing every Indian application severely (saying by my experience). No matter how many jobs you secure, might be helpful if your education / qualifications are verified to back the salary and job scope. Just suggesting, might help you, if you haven't already done the verifications.

md_88 wrote:

did you ask the HR what did they mean by the salary offered does not commensurate with the candidate's credentials?  The HR should clearly tell you what does it mean.

This comment came from MoM, not HR. And MoM does not agree to "should clearly tell you what does it mean."

Hi beppi,

I will get STVP for 30 days after 18 sept, is STVP also depends on MOM or for sure i will get ?

Hi md88,

My HR said its bcos of high salary increment, so they are just pushing to apply fresh new EP again for less salary + bonus.
From where i can verify my educational Documents ? I thought MOM will do that.

You will need to verify your degree using one of the approved agencies on the MOM website:

https://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/work-pass-ge … n-agencies

I used Avvanz and found the service good and quick however I have a UK degree.  I believe some countries can take longer.

I'd suggest you contact your university in advance and get the name and email of the person or department Avvanz can contact

Hi madgeroo,

Generally how much time these agencies take to verify the documents ?

Same happened to me, MOM don't want to disclose the direction for this rejection reason.

In my case, it took 11 days including weekends.  But I contacted the student services department at my university and they gave me an email to use.   Also, my university is in the UK and was also on  MOMs drop down list which meant they just wanted the degree certificate to be verified ie. Avvanz simply had to call, confirm the course, the dates and the degree awarded

I believe if the education institution isn't on MOMs drop down you have to have the qualification verified and the institution validated which takes longer.   I also believe that they want transcripts of examinations for education in some countries.

They should have told your HR exactly what they wanted as they sent a very detailed list to mine.

Is your EP appeal successful?

Is there any relation between SAT salary and EP salary?
My situation is also same.
I worked on LOC, my loc got cancelled, my consultancy applied for new EP , but EP rejected, reason high salary, appealed, still waiting for outcome.

So my question, if high salary is issue then why in SAT it  shows that much?
Also asked my consultancy to apply EP with less salary, but they said it won't work. Because untill salary is in range of SAT salary, apply button not become enable. So they can't submit using less salary.

I m quite confused. In one place mom won't allow to submit using less salary. On other hand if salary same as SAT, they reject by saying high salary.
DP holder can't work on loc anymore.
Current company don't have spass qouta.
What to do now? Feeling clue less.

Lsoni: You need to understand that the SAT shows minimum salaries for applying for an EP, but MoM checks what you are worth, according to market levels. These are different issues!
If there is no overlap between the two, it means you are not eligible for getting an EP.
If your employer cannot get you an S-Pass (which is the correct pass for such types), you should look for another job (or remain on DP without working).

beppi wrote:

Lsoni: You need to understand that the SAT shows minimum salaries for applying for an EP, but MoM checks what you are worth, according to market levels. These are different issues!
If there is no overlap between the two, it means you are not eligible for getting an EP.
If your employer cannot get you an S-Pass (which is the correct pass for such types), you should look for another job (or remain on DP without working).

Thanks beppi. Could also help me to understand below thing.
EP rejection reason - "salary does not seems commensurate with candidate credentials."
Single line only, not even mentioned to appeal.

Still my consultancy appealed with all my documents, my recent salary slips, my loc letter, to show that i am existing employee.in between of project my loc cancelled, so to continue my candidature raising salary for EP.

Have done masters in computer engineering from India. My college name appears in SAT college list.
Total 4.5 years experience in big data technology in banking industry.
Already working in current company since last 5 months.
Before maternity also worked in SG for 2 years in same industry with same technology on loc.
Just my loc got cancelled last month.otherwise i was happily working on loc from beginning.

Can suggest , if there is any hope in appeal.

If the appeal addressed the rejection reason (i.e. in your case changed your salary to within the required range), then it has a chance. Otherwise not.

The rejection wording can mean offered salary is too low or too high.
Are you sure yours was too hight (and thus an appeal with lower pay would work)?
With a recognised master degree in the tech field and over 4 years experience in the financial industry, your market value should be around S$7000-8000/month.

beppi wrote:

The rejection wording can mean offered salary is too low or too high.
Are you sure yours was too hight (and thus an appeal with lower pay would work)?
With a recognised master degree in the tech field and over 4 years experience in the financial industry, your market value should be around S$7000-8000/month.

My consultancy submitted in 7000+ salary.
As per SAT it shows 7300+.

My consultancy told me that, they first tried using 6500, but submit button not enabled.
Then they tried 6600, again submit button not enabled.
Likewise they increased 100 dollar, and tried.
Only on 7000 , submit button became enabled.

So not sure its high or low as per mom.
why on 7000 submit button enabled?  Whereas 7300 shows per SAT.

That they can submit an application at S$7000/month does not mean it has any chance for approval - that is only above the SAT threshold in your case S$7300) - and that still does not mean it fits your market value (which the SAT cannot check).
With such an inexperienced HR screwing things up, I recommend you look for another employer!

can you help to know the exact reason what MOM send to your employer

I think your rejection is because of less salary not high salary, bcos in my case they applied for 8000 and SAT tool says 7000 is minimum

Hi All, quick query, is there any maximum salary limit per MoM rules for DP work permit or earlier for DP LoC?