EP renewal rejected die to big change in salary

Not sure if there is any post around this as I cannot find.

Posting an experience from my wife's EP renewal which got rejected.

Current salary is 6500SGD
However when she got the EP originally issued last year the salary employer mentioned to MoM was 6100SGD.
Employer never updated new salary of 6500SGD in MoM portal.

During renewal, employer submits application with salary of 6800 SGD. (the current salary of 6500SGD does not quality for EP as per SAT).

Renewal got rejected with comments " we have noticed a significant amount of change in the candidate's salary from previous employment".

MoM asked for various documents including bank statements and justification to reconsider the application which basically means appealing it.

I m a bit confused since new salary in renewal is 12% higher than originally issued EP salary of 6100 SGD.

12% increment is not very often in SG but not very uncommon either.

Has anyone experienced it? What was the end result?

This is not a significant and unusual raise in salary.
And your post indicates the application was not rejected, but MoM merely wanted some additional information. That is normal and no reason to worry!

MOM made the application status Rejected in EP online. It is not anymore pending.

So employer submitted an appeal today to MoM.

That is what very strange why MoM just rejected it rather than requesting for extra documents keeping the application in pending state.

Hi,

Can someone please guide here.

My spouse EP is expiring on 13 May. While the EP renewal is rejected and appeal is submitted and appeal is pending at present, is it advisable to initiate DP now for her under my name(I am on EP) .

Or shall we wait for appeal outcome before initiating DP?

If you fulfill the DP requirements, you can apply for a DP - just in case her EP is rejected.

TimeisPrecious wrote:

MOM made the application status Rejected in EP online. It is not anymore pending.

So employer submitted an appeal today to MoM.

That is what very strange why MoM just rejected it rather than requesting for extra documents keeping the application in pending state.

Hi, TimeIsPrecious,

Have you heard from MoM regarding to the appeal (I know it takes more than 3 weeks).

Because I'm now in the same situation, my EP application has been rejected and just got to know from the HR that MoM required further documentation clarification and they have submitted last Friday.

So it is MoM now rejects application instead of putting the status to pending more info?

Thanks!

Yes could be. Nothing we heard from MoM yet..

Would you mind please sharing what was the rejection reason in your case?

So as I was told the rejection reason is some documentation issues arising from Covid measures taken by office. Thou I don't know how did it affecting the applications.

Hi! Just thought to give an update regarding to my EP appeal.

Appeal date: 26/3/2021
Approved date: 05/4/2021

So about 5 working days after the submission!

Good luck @TimeIsPrecious! Hope you'll receive your good news soon too!

Nice. Congratulations. No good news for us yet. Still waiting for MOM reply

Hi

Did you get any update on your appeal?

I also face same situation now , didn't appeal yet.

Hi,

No reply from HR yet on appeal status.

It would be 3 weeks next week.

We are eagerly awaiting some results on appeal before we make next decision.

Hope you will receive the update very soon

Hey, did you get your wife's EP? Curious to know since I am in the same position now

Same position here. And I haven't heard any successful case for the longest time so I'm wondering whether to start packing.

Congrats on your approval!

Hi
I'm in the same boat as well. EP rejected
1. stating higher salary does not commensurate the candidates credentials
2. Significant change in salary compared to previous employment (hike is only 700$)
3. If you still want to consider provide job description, latest notice of assessment, bank statement for 3 months salary and salary slip, job description, employment contract and explanation on why there is a significant raise.
My employer has appealed last Thursday and no outcome yet. Any idea if it will get through

Hi all,

Initially for my 1st EP application i got Rejected stating higher salary does not commensurate the candidates credentials (No response on 2 appeals for 1st EP rejection ) and after rejecting 2nd EP application I am too got this below comments from

1. stating higher salary does not commensurate the candidates credentials
2. Significant change in salary compared to previous employment (hike is more than 1000$)
3. If you still want to consider provide job description, latest notice of assessment, bank statement for 3 months salary and salary slip, job description, employment contract and explanation on why there is a significant raise.
My employer has appealed last Thursday and no outcome yet. Any idea if it will get through

How we can Check Status if MOM is working on the Appeal. Is the Status will be change to Pending or it will be in rejected status

My EP from a new employer is pending for more than 5 weeks. The salary increase is nearly 2k. MOM hasn't asked for any additional documents from my employer till date. Does it mean my application might get rejected because of the salary hike? I have 14 years of work experience and been working in SG for 6 years now. This is the first time I am changing employer in SG?

SG paradise & Saansh wrote:

Any idea if it will get through

If your employer supplied everything MoM wanted - especially a good explanation for the raise above market standards - then you have a chance.

Satdal wrote:

Does it mean my application might get rejected because of the salary hike?

It can be rejected for too high as well as too low salary. They approve only within the normal market range.

@beppi, who decides the market range? I don't think MOM issues any salary guide or market range for candidates like me to judge if the salary offered is low, high or within market range.

Hi Satdal,
First of all hoping you can receive good news ASAP. Please keep me posted, I am concerned about my situation too: my new employer will apply me for around 2k more compare to my current salary, but it's the minimum for me to qualify for EP. It is a director role, and I don't know anybody with a director role with an S pass (the visa I am currently holding). I am almost thinking to ask them to decrease, but it is really “crazy”....

Satdal wrote:

@beppi, who decides the market range? I don't think MOM issues any salary guide or market range for candidates like me to judge if the salary offered is low, high or within market range.

MoM does issue a salary guide of some (limited) sort - the SAT tool.
Of course this is not "decided" by MoM, but based on (non-MoM) pay level statistics and surveys that they regularly review. Some of these are publicized, too.

Thank you

I am end up to the same situation too. Changing job with higher monthly salary. But MOM rejected and request for IRAS tax notice and bank statement.
Provided to them 2 weeks ago. But there are no news until now.
I would like to know others status as well.

Hi @oh no why,
How much is the spike from your previous job? And can you share your role too?
Thanks
D.

Im facing the same situation too:(
this is the 2nd time my husband renew his EP. sadly he got rejected after only about 10days after we submit the renew application (we didn't not use the SAT to check the salary requirement)
his previous salary is $7500, now he needs at least $8100 can apply EP...
We appealed on the same day and changed his salary to $8500. its been more than 3 weeks till now and still pending... never take so long before and we are so worried...
hope to hear the good news soon.

Just simply increasing salary by the employer is not the solution. Employer has to justify why they increased the salary and rationale for it. Employer must have known MoM guidelines and salary ranges based on the age, experiences before they apply for renewal of workpass.

You can reach out employer if they have received any response from MoM after they appeal. If not then they may reach out MoM to know about the progress.  Good luck

We are not normal EP, we are self employed, submit by ourselves.

@DurpanP, my role is software engineer. My current company is paying me 4500 monthly then my new employer is paying me 6000. However, my current annual salary is around 6xk with bonus. Then if we compare in this way my salary is not spike a lot.

EP is not possible for self-employed.
Only a Singapore-registered company can apply for (or renew) EP for its employees.
In the past, some people managed to declare themselves employee of their own company and get an EP that way. This loophole has basically been closed now. If you were one of them, prepare to get another pass instead.
The proper pass for this constellation is the EntrePass.

oh yes my husband pass is Entre Pass.

EntrePass has a completely different set of criteria, so everything we wrote above is invalid. You should have been more precise in your post!
As an EntrePass holder is not employee, there is of course no salary requirement. The SAT (which is only for EP) is useless in this case. Here are the criteria for the second renewal of an EntrePass (the first  renewal had no such requirements!), from MoM's webpage https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi … l-criteria :

Number of years you have held an EntrePass 2
Your total annual business spending must be at least $100,000
You must employ at least 3 LQS (full-time employees, formerly known as FTE) OR 1 local PME (professional, manager or executive)

You better contact MoM immediately, clarify this misunderstanding and submit the correct papers (showing the above) instead of proof of salary.
Good luck!

Hi All,
Any Pending EP's or appeals approved,
Any good news anyone.
Waiting for positive feedback. Wishing you all success too.

Any salary related appeal got approved after submitting documents?

Hi All,

I am in same situation as my salary hike from new employer is around 350 SGD which is not significant rise but it got rejected due to high salary.

Appeal applied - 3 May 2021
Appeal Status - pending.

I do understand Mom's dealing with load of backlogs but just wondering how much time it will take further so just wanted to ask - Is anyone appeal got approved for rejected application?

Any update on ep approval after rejection due to salary increase? Anyone ?

My EP was rejected the first time we applied as there was a  13% salary increment. The case assigned officer requested us to submit my bank statements, salary credit slips, recent IRAS notices and letter from the employer explaining why I have to be employed over a local or PR. I work for a start up company which has less than 10 employees currently so my position was not advertised as well. Our legal team was very prompt and helped me drafting the letter. We submitted the requested documents and after a week received the approval.

A proper justification on the cover letter can do the trick and help expedite the approval, all MoM wishes to know is on what grounds are you being paid what's being proposed and if it is reasonable. Suggest the letter be reworded/ edited to reflect how good you are to be paid well :)

Windscar21 wrote:

Will hr share  the letter?. My hr never shared the letter. When i asked if i need to send certification that i have earned. She said no need.

Share with who?

They submitter (if it is your HR), has to submit a cover letter to MoM- all they need to do it word it strong. You don't have to necessarily submit certs etc, unless requested by MoM.