EP renewal rejected die to big change in salary

Ask HR to share it with you :), extend any suggestions/ recommendations prior to the letter being submitted to MoM.

My wife's hr asked my wife to write the letter and said she(hr) will review. Any expert letter writing recommendation?

Hi Team, does any one got their appeal approved recently?

Hi All, any approval on appeal made for rejected EP application?

Hi All,
Just an update. My appeal was submitted on 21st April.
Rejected on : 17th May
Reason : High salary
Salary hike is just 700$
My agency said it all depends on the approving officer. They said they have given all letters and proofs to validate the salary hike but still it's rejected.
Also its mentioned further appeals can also be rejected as well

So I'm continuing with my current company itself.

All the best to all of you for your pass to get approved

hi,

I'm in the same situation, EP rejected due to high salary doesn't seem to commensurate with the candidate's credentials. my agency has made an appeal last week. I'm not sure how long it's going to take. my problem is my STVP is expiring very soon, i requested for extension at ICA but got rejected. no choice but to leave SG while waiting for the result at my home country. not sure if that's possible.

:mad:

rceb wrote:

hi,

I'm in the same situation, EP rejected due to high salary doesn't seem to commensurate with the candidate's credentials. my agency has made an appeal last week. I'm not sure how long it's going to take. my problem is my STVP is expiring very soon, i requested for extension at ICA but got rejected. no choice but to leave SG while waiting for the result at my home country. not sure if that's possible.

You can try MOM STVP extension. Previous employer can apply for 14days STVP extension by attaching the flight ticket that shows your flight is booked within 14days after STVP expiry.

I'm also in the same boat.  I have 7 years exp and in IT industry. My current salary is 7400. My asking salary was 8500. But they offered me 9400. Also with other bonuses like company shares, up to 15th month, etc. Not sure if that will make it harder to be approved.

Got this rejection reason.

We have noted a significant change in this candidate's salary compared to his/her previous employment. If you want us to
reconsider this candidate's application, you need to give us the following: job description, employment contract, his/ her latest
Notice of Assessment from the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS), latest 3 months pay slips and personal bank
statements showing his/ her name, bank account number and electronic payment of his/ her salary, as well as a letter to
explain the change in this candidate's salary compared to his/ her previous employment.

The hiring manager and supposed to be my manager show great interest, but I'm still doubtful upon reading some comments. HR issued an appeal today with the required documents. It will be a long waiting game and I can't stop thinking about it.

All the best for your passes to be approved.

Hi Everyone,

I'm also in the same boat.

I am working in this company for 4 years. HR applied for SPass but got rejected because there's no quota. Company is small, with only 4-5 locals + me.

HR applied for EPass. Apparently got rejected again. MOM stated that I do not meet the qualifying criteria (salary, qualification, experience). Salary is 4.5K, with Master's degree but my HR only submitted my Bachelor's degree cert, around 10years experience in buying, trading, merchandising)

Today, HR made an appeal. I am grateful that my company is supportive but worried what will be the outcome.. :|

All the best to everyone!  :)

S$4500/month is the minimum salary to qualify for an EP FOR A FRESH GRADUATE.
For a Master degree holder with 10 years applicable work experience, the market rate (and thus the EP minimum) is far higher. Check the SAT to figure out what your minimum is.
Not declaring your highest degree just to achieve a lower salary is illegal and, if you consent to it, can get you banned from further employment in Singapore. Don't do it!
Instead, look for another employer who is willing to pay you fairly - not far below your value, as this one does!

Hi Beppi, thanks for replying.

HR didn't pursue to submit my Masters cert as MOM is asking for the original. MOM suggested that my cert should be verified by some verification agency and I already applied that with RMI. However, RMI is a bit slow with verification process so MOM also suggested we can resubmit without my Masters.

I agree that I should probably get a higher salary  :/  hehehe.
If still get rejection, probably I should really find another job.

I'm on DP and will soon give birth this June. I am still working from home. My other dilemma is, my LOC will expire in July 10. If my pass will be rejected, then my maternity benefits, VL etc will go down the drain  :sosad:

Oh you are one of the typical "DP with LoC" employees - which is why the employer could so far get you without quota restrictions and fair pay requirements.
I believe this was the main reason MoM abolished the LoC route.
I wish you happy times with your baby - and believe you will forget about this problem soon after the little bundle of joy joins your family!

Dephi wrote:

Any salary related appeal got approved after submitting documents?

Just for update, my EP appeal rejected again with same salary reason

EP renewal on 30 Mar 2021
Ep renewal rejected on 09 Apr 2021 - no reason, MOM blacklisted my previous employer
New EP submitted on 23 Apr 2021
New EP rejected on 10 May 2021 - high salary, though the hike is 500$ 8.5% as per MOM SAT.
EP appeal submitted on 12 May 2021
EP appeal rejected on 21 May 2021 - same high salary reason.

I am returning to India on 30th May.

Best wishes.

Sorry to hear . Did you change employer after it was blacklisted?

Yes, my new EP was applied by new employer only. MOM still rejected the new EP and its appeal stating that huge change in salary when compared to pervious employment. Current salary - 6000, new salary 6500, MOM SAT EP eligibility - 6450.

Very sorry to hear that. All the best.

You mind sharing your field of work ?

My role is Senior Software Developer. Total 7yrs experience, 4years in SG.

Is S$500 huge salary hike ?

Techgal wrote:

Is S$500 huge salary hike ?

500 may not seem to be a big bump in the salary to you, fact is, MoM just wants to understand the logic behind it. It doesn't hurt to outline why you are being paid a specific amount versus others for the specific role and over locals.

It seems to be a new trend in MoM to reject applications with a salary hike and let the employer submit a justification with the appeal.

Hi,

My new company applied EP on 05May2021, and the status is Rejected on 24May2021. When I ask the HR for the reason for Rejection, the HR said they are waiting for MOM officer call to get the reasons for Rejection.

Is anyone with a similar situation?

Based on my understanding, the MOM must have informed HR the reasons for Rejection when the EP is Rejected.

Thanks,
Bala.

balamuralisvb wrote:

Hi,

My new company applied EP on 05May2021, and the status is Rejected on 24May2021. When I ask the HR for the reason for Rejection, the HR said they are waiting for MOM officer call to get the reasons for Rejection.

Is anyone with a similar situation?

Based on my understanding, the MOM must have informed HR the reasons for Rejection when the EP is Rejected.

Thanks,
Bala.

In most cases, MoM extends the reason for a rejection to the submitter (employer or agency on behalf of the employer). If you haven't obtained the reasoning, please request your employer to call MoM and enquire. I haven't heard MoM calling to update the rejection reasons, you do it pro-actively.

Hope this helps, good luck securing the approval via an appeal after addressing the rejection reason.

Thanks for the Response Shekhz.

Is it helpful if I call MOM and request for the Reason for Rejection or Should I go through my Employer only?
The EP is applied by my Employer.

balamuralisvb wrote:

Thanks for the Response Shekhz.

Is it helpful if I call MOM and request for the Reason for Rejection or Should I go through my Employer only?
The EP is applied by my Employer.

Your employer should call MOM and request information, as they are the ones who submitted the application. The HR or the agency you hired for the EP application should be able to do it.
Personal calls are not usually entertained by MOM. This was already stated by Surya, Beppi, and Skekhz in many other posts.
Good luck

My EP is up for renewal. My salary has been increased by S$1215 during 2 years of my employment. Is it high as per MOM standard ? Is there any tool on MOM website that also gives an idea about that ? SAT tool shows I am eligible for renewal.

Techgal: Salary increases in the course of one job (meaning you got a raise or promotion from your employer) are not normally a rejection reason.

I am pleased to inform you all..After long(2 1/2 Months) wait, my EP got approved

All the very best

Congrats, AprilApp01.

Same here..
My EP renewal application was submitted 15/05/21 and it was pending until yesterday morning (2 months). during this period my HR asked some additional details training, certification i did, etc.
but sadly when i checked yesterday evening my application was rejected. i have requested from hr to give the reason for rejections.
according to SAT my salary is not enough for EP.
in the same cases with colleagues HR pushed with S Pass.. in my case also they will do the same.
Is there any possibilities to get the S Pass.. my EP is expiring 15/09.
can this is be approved before my pass expiry date?

i am working in this employer 6 Years.

Hi April, just want to check, durinh 2 monthsand 1/2 waiting, did the MOM asked for supporting documents from your employer? Congratulations on your pass approval. Mine is onhoing 7 weeks. Applied last June 14, and still pending. No documents request from MOM currently.

Sumjop: If the offered salary is not eligible per SAT, there is no chance of getting the pass. HR wasted their and your (and MoM's) time. They should just adjust your salary in line with your market value and you will be fine. That, and nothing else, is the meaning of MoM's salary thresholds.

beppi: Yes .. looks like they didn't check the SAT before submitting my application . wasted two months time. *(^#$%#($&%  :mad:

now they are going apply S Pass

My EP got renewed last week. My EP was about expire on Dec 2021.
I am working in Fintech.
My application was submitted on 15th July and the outcome came on 22nd July.
Wish you all the best..re-appeal sometimes works. Last time after re-appeal my spouse EP got approved, first time it was rejected. Hope same applies to EP renewal as well.

Cuz-am wrote:

My EP got renewed last week. My EP was about expire on Dec 2021.
I am working in Fintech.
My application was submitted on 15th July and the outcome came on 22nd July.
Wish you all the best..re-appeal sometimes works. Last time after re-appeal my spouse EP got approved, first time it was rejected. Hope same applies to EP renewal as well.

Appeal with additional information or clarification to queries sure works, most of the time, if it addresses what MoM is requesting for. An appeal with no updates from the last submission gets nothing ticking - just to clarify

Hi what happened to your appeal. I have the same issue.

Dephi wrote:

My role is Senior Software Developer. Total 7yrs experience, 4years in SG.

Hey Dephi,

Was your employer a startup ? I have notice that startups seem to have more trouble offering salary increments vs MNCs... do share more if you can!

@sumjop
did u get your SPass approved?

Hello everyone,

I am holding SPass in my current company and got a new job (new Company) that will apply me for EPass

My current salary is 6620, then SAT minimum EP salary for me is 7500 so the new Employer offered my 7500.

They can not apply SPass for me because of the quota, so they can only apply EP for me.

After 9 days, my EP got rejected.

My question is, how are you going to justify this?
Seems like a lose-lose situation because:
- if you apply a salary lower than the minimum salary suggested by SAT, you will be rejected
- if you follow the minimum salary suggested by SAT, you will also be rejected

Thank you for sharing your answers :)

CaprainBarbel: What do you mean by lose-lose situation?
Applying below the SAT salary threshold is sure to be rejected, but above is not sure to be approved - as there are several other possible rejection reasons!
Only if all criteria are met, will you get an EP.