IPA approved but WP unsuccessful

Hi, my Malaysian boyf got a better job offer when he was still serving with another company. Once the new company applied for transfer, he got an approved IPA. He then served his one month notice. After his WP was cancelled, the new company only applied his new WP a day later and it was unsuccessful. He then need to repartriate back. 2 months later, he applied for another job and his application was unsuccessful. Company agreed to appeal. But i read a lot job seekers with this similar problem is coming to a dead end. Is it true that he won't be able to work in SG anymore eventhough his record is clean?

That's is not true. He can get workpass approval as long as the employer meets the MoM requirements so as his skill sets . He should keep trying and once the borders are opened up the chances of workpass approval will be higher. Good luck

So meaning the job he applied doesn't tally with his skills set? Thus the reason to unsuccessful application. Or can it be Malaysia still in MCO?

You did not mention why his WP was cancelled and by whom.
But that may give the answer to whether he will get another one or not.

Hi Beppi, his WP was cancelled after he finished serving his 1 month notice by the ex employer.

But after the ex employer cancelled his WP, he got a special pass saying that he can stay for 1 week till he get his new WP. But then, it was unsuccessful. We are so confused.

So he resigned from the new company as well and that‘s why the IPA was cancelled. Well, then you know the answer: He has to leave Singapore!

Sorry, it means when the old employer cancelled his WP, it auto cancels his new WP with the new company? He has already left SG. Now in Malaysia trying to come back to work. Got a job but application was unsuccessful.

Hi guys, i think i might guess the reason to the unsuccessful application. His IPA expired on the day his permit was cancelled (upon finishing his 1 month notice). Unfortunately, the new company only apply the new WP the next day. Am i correct to say this? So now, he will not be able to apply WP anymore eventhough with other company? It's like blacklisted?

But now a new company has submitted an appeal after WP application is unsuccessful. Will there be a chance for him again?

The new WP is not cancelled automatically when the old one ends. The two are independent!
If the IPA for his new WP expired, the employer has to apply for a new WP. Why did he wait that long, without asking the new employer to extend the IPA (which is easily possible)?
There is probably no ban, just the employer must apply again. And this time please take care that the IPA does not expire!

He did pushed his old employer to cut his WP before the expiry of IPA but at that time most HR are working remotely and on certain days only. So he waited till the new employer extended the IPA twice. The expiry of IPA and his old employer cancelled his permit is on the same day.

well, if the new employer did not want to wait any longer (as shown by not extending the IPA another time), then I guess that job is gone.
But he can still look for other ones.

Yes Beppi. He's looking for others but application still unsuccessful for 3x. Now he's trying luck with another company which is now appealing for him. Hope MOM approves it.

Zuey wrote:

Yes Beppi. He's looking for others but application still unsuccessful for 3x. Now he's trying luck with another company which is now appealing for him. Hope MOM approves it.

Hi Zuey, may i know is there further updates from your case? as i also worry that IPA approve but when comes to issue the pass, it will be withdraw

Hi...I also have similar situation.