EP/SP got rejected, appealed and waiting for outcome

Hi all,

I'm a Malaysian chinese working in SG for more than 6 years since 19 years old from WP to SP now, i got a new offer last month and I have tender my resignation after that. My next company have applied EP and SP both at the same time for me on 11 March and yesterday have received the outcome from MOM that I got both passes application rejected.. which I do not understand why they don't approve my SP instead (since Im holding SP right now). The company have immediately appealed for me without submitting any additional information or documentation. Do anyone here have the same issues as I having right now? I'm worried if I got reject again I dunno how much longer I needed to wait for..

As we have advised several times before on this forum, resigning from your old job before the new work pass is approved is NOT a good idea. Now you have to face the consequences of this!
There are a number of potential reasons why your application might be rejected - you can also read on this forum about them.
But appealing without knowing and addressing the rejection reason is a waste of time - it will just be rejected again.
So you better prepare to leave Singapore when your 30-days post-S-Pass SVP runs out (unless you find another job and get a work pass for it within that time, which is of course very unlikely).

Contact your HR to check the reason. He/She can check through employer portal. Meanwhile you only can see pending/rejected/successful. Even after appeal, also "rejected".

Your EP/SP got rejected probably due to

1. You're outside of SGP now. (90%,)
2. Misinformation (10%)

Ask your hr justify and appeal.. done

Dont panic..

Hi Beppi, thank you for your reply.

Thank you for your advice. Luckily my current company willing to allow me to withdraw my resignation otherwise my situation now will be very bad. Yes, it is sucks without knowing the reason of rejection, hopes the outcome will be positive on appealing the rejected application.

Hi Nunuyawkwong,

Thank you for the reply, eventually I'm staying at Singapore all the time not sure why are they reject on my case.. the HR have appeal for me but since MOM never ask for additional information or documentation I think she just appeal it.. do you or any of your friend encounter issues like this?

Rejection of an application has many reason (there is a separate thread on this which you can refer). Who says if you stay in Singapore and work here for long time, application wont reject!

Each application has its merit and independent review process at MoM. If the employer does not provide strong reason why they are hiring a foreigner then chances are likely it won't succeed. Secondly, govt has informed that in next 2 yrs S pass quota would be reduced by 5%, so in future it will be tougher to get any work pass approval. Thirdly, economy is going to hit badly and govt first preference would be Singaporeans and their job security. Fourthly, election is around the corner so govt will tight foreign workforce as local people always vocally object on this.

I have mentioned many times here that it's foolish decision to resign the job before new work pass got approval. You are very lucky that your employer accepted you later. Don't ever do repeat this mistake. Good luck

nunuyawkwong wrote:

Contact your HR to check the reason. He/She can check through employer portal. Meanwhile you only can see pending/rejected/successful. Even after appeal, also "rejected".

2. Misinformation (10%)

Dont panic..

Hi
My EP also got rejected. (After 6 weeks from application and after sending  RMI proof of verification  of my Diploma )  I asked the company  HR about the reason of rejection and he told me he could not find out...
As far as I understand from your post Employer can see reason of rejection .. Is this correct ?

Thanks

Hi guys, my employee's Employment pass finally approved

04/03/2020 - Applied
07/03/2020 - Rejected
07/03/2020 - Submit Appeal
28/04/2020 - APproved

Employment pass.. non - essential.. good luck guys

Hi misinformation

03/04 - apply
07/04 - rejected
07/04 - appeal
28/04 - approvd

Typo

03/04 - apply
07/04 - rejected n appeal same day
28/04 - approved

Good to hear this! All the best to you :)
Mine is still pending, MOM is asking for additional information regarding my education just today, hopes everything goes well!

Mine was from:

11/03/2020 Apply
02/04/2020 Rejected & Appeal
20/04/2020 HR receive update from MOM they said need more time to review.
30/04/2020 MOM ask for additional information regarding my education.
xx/xx/2020  Approved :)

Lizzy_lizzy wrote:
nunuyawkwong wrote:

2. Misinformation (10%)

Dont panic..

Hi
My EP also got rejected. (After 6 weeks from application and after sending  RMI proof of verification  of my Diploma )  I asked the company  HR about the reason of rejection and he told me he could not find out...
As far as I understand from your post Employer can see reason of rejection .. Is this correct ?

Thanks

Hi,

May I know where you graduate from?

@joonseng I've graduated at a university  of interpreters and translators in Italy'

nunuyawkwong wrote:

Hi guys, my employee's Employment pass finally approved

04/03/2020 - Applied
07/03/2020 - Rejected
07/03/2020 - Submit Appeal
28/04/2020 - APproved

Employment pass.. non - essential.. good luck guys

Mind sharing if the EP approved applicant is in sg or outside sg ??

would this be application for S-Pass as well? Kinda worried me too. LOL. As I am waiting for my S-pass approval after appeal. it has been a week since appealed. I'm currently in Singapore and worked here for 8 years.

in SG

Hi guys,

My EP is approved today!

11/03/2020 Apply
02/04/2020 Rejected & Appeal
20/04/2020 HR receive update from MOM they said need more time to review.
30/04/2020 MOM ask for additional information regarding my education.
08/05/2020  Approved :)

Are you in SG?

To update for anyone who would need some hope:

EP Expiry date - 22 July 2020
Renewal Applied - 6 May
Approved - 15 May

Good luck to the applicants