After cancelled work pass, Do i need to go back to home country?

Hi! Hoping I could get your thoughts about this.

I have been working in SG since 2013. My employer ended my pass due to retrenchment last Jan 31, 2020 so currently I am on visit visa until March 01. I have a pending pass, applied by my new employer last Feb 19 and I know it would take 2-3 weeks for approval. I am planning to go to Thailand, have a 1 week vacation there and more likely will wait there for the result. If rejected, no choice, I will be going back to my home  country. But if approved, I might enter SG with my IPA. Shouldn't have any issues right? My only concern is that, is there any chance for ICA to advise me to go back straight to my home country after my work pass has been cancelled? And would not let me exit other country, like I had plan in thailand?

If you go out of SG, whichever country you head to, it should not be an issue. The only issue you may face would be when you enter SG when your work pass application is still in progress(w/o return ticket to home country) even worse.

If you get IPA while you are in Thailand, good news for you. You can enter SG. If not, play safe. Go back to your home country and wait for your work pass to be approved.

Thanks for the quick response. I am not planning to enter SG without the IPA, so I will be waiting the result in Thailand.