Already (almost) Expat S.A. Citizen wanting to relocate to Mauritius

Hey everyone.

I am kind of new to this, so I am open to any comments. 

My name is Theo.  Basically.  I am still a South African Citizen, hoping to find a job in Mauritius.  Why?  I have been working for approx. 8 years on cruise ships, exploring almost the whole world.  Met some great people, from countries all over that you could not even imagine existed.  Been to most places, bought the T-shirt, and moved on (too fast).  Why did I decide to post this topic?  I wish to give you some background info. if you dare to read on........

Now.  I met my wonderful wife (Romanian), onboard a ship and we tried settling down in "Rrrrrromania"!  Wow! (SARCASTIC!!)  What a place to try and settle down right?  For those of you who haven't been down here. Visit,....buy the T-shirt and get ripped off.

Sorry, got off the point there for a moment.  I have at least 12 years of experience in the Hospitality, and Travel Industry.  I have worked in S.A. Hotels in Reservations, Receptions Front Office,  and finally resigned as Front Office Supervisor / Duty Manager.  Then moved on to work on Cruise Ships in 1999, and managed to work my way up from reception agent to tour assistant, and finally Tour Manager onboard the world's leading Cruise Liners. (Carnival Cruise Lines, Regent Seven Seas 5 star cruises) 

My point.....  I want to move to Mauritius with the prospects of finding a job in a Hotel or Resort. I have ample experience in Front Office, Tour Management onboard ship and on land. 

I have applied for the most entry level positions available out there on the net for jobs in hotels and resorts out there on your beautiful island.

My questions?

From my understanding.  Is it that local companies have to advertise a position, and if nobody local can fill it (by law), then I might stand a chance?

I am networking, and have applied for positions on all online recruitment websites for Mauritius.  Is it perhaps a better idea to send my CV to Hotels and Resorts directly?

I am confident that maybe,.............?...somebody out there would be able to help me out with some ideas.

Thank you for reading my post, and hope I didn't manage to irritate or piss you off!!!

Cheers! 

Theo

try the classifieds friend,
cheers
islander.

Cheers islander77

Thank you for replying and your suggestion.  I guess I did indeed do my first post wrong, as quite allot viewed it, and nobody replied.  Too much info. about myself right?

Sorry everyone.  O.K.  I will keep it short from now on. 

I will try the classifieds and let you know.

Good to see someone whom is quite active on this forum replied.  I read allot of posts, and see you quite active.  Thank you for your help and insights.

Theo

pleasure man, post in forum for the job, & you can also google recruitment agencies, in mauritius, online!

have a merry D, once job is in hand, then you can come to mauritius, since employers pay, and u'll find yourself in the middle of expatriates around the island!

cheers
islander.