Why it is hard to find a job in Singapore

Hello mentors,
   First of all, I want to confirm that I read previous threads related to finding jobs, and I visited provided employment website and applied for jobs. I've been practising this routine work since 2016, but I can't find a job. My experiences are related to web application development, and I have four years of experience.  Moreover, My ambition is to work a few years in Singapore and brush up my English and then apply for permanent residency in Canada.

I expected everyone advice for finding a job or direct me to any employment agency where someone had experience before.

Thanks for your advice.

Employment agencies are not helpful in Singapore.
How many suitable job ads did you find and how many applications did you send out?
Were the documents (CV and cover letter) customized to each potential employer's needs, or did you send the same to all?
Did you have an experienced friend (preferably native speaker) proof-read them before you sent?
Did you point out, in your documents, how the employer would benefit from hiring you, above hiring a similarly skilled local?
What were the responses from the companies?
Are you physically in Singapore? Or did you at least indicate that you would travel there to attend an interview - at your own cost?
Is your degree recognized by MoM?
Do you speak a local language (most usefully Chinese) in addition to English?

Hello,

I'm almost in the same situation. I live in Singapore, I have been looking for a job in Clinical Research for 9 months, I haven't secured any jobs so far. I have 6 years of experience in my field in Europe, Africa and North America. I'm always told that the issue is I don't have a local experience. As foreigners, how are we supposed to get a Singaporean experience before moving in the country?

Hi, Sephora de Tarragon how are you doing! Am a Ugandan female I want to come to Singapore and get a job there am a massage therapist am professional and I have 6 years experience so since your there please tell me will I be able to get a job there and what is the cost of living there and transport

@sharifanabikofu89 You are very unlikely to find a job AND get a work visa as massage therapist - even if you have recognised certificates for it. The reason is that most massage parlours here are Thai-run, and of course they prefer their fellow countrymen (which are available in large numbers).

Ask yourself: What can I bring to any employer that is better than a Thai competitor?