Language requirement for Nurses

Hello everyone, is it possible for a UK trained nurse to work in Singapore, without being able to speak any Asian Language? (Although I can speak Portuguese).  I don't want to embark on SNB registration, if its a non starter.
Regards
AD

The main language in Singapore is English.
But as far as I know, SNB registration is required to work as a nurse in Singapore. Why don't you want to do that?

Thank you for your reply Beppi. I  know I can't work in Singapore without SNB registration. What I meant, was, I dont want to waste my time gaining registration, to then find out that I dont speak the required language to work in Singapore anyway. If I only need to speak English, then that's great.

The expectations probably differ from hospital to hospital, depending on their clientele. Ask at potential employers!

In Singapore, many foreigners who work in nursing industry, don't speak either of 3 out of 4 official languages (Mandarin, Malay and Tamil), English is another official language. As Beppi said, here everyone communicates in English, so it's not mandatory to have either of 3 other official languages, if you can communicate well in English. Good luck

Thanks Surya2K,
That sounds promising. I am a native English speaker. I managed to learn Portuguese, so I'm willing to apply my linguistic skills to embark on learning Mandarin.