Are Expats Allowed to be Accountants, Auditors or Book Keeper?

Because I've heard that expats are not allowed to work in financial industry. But for me financial industry include jobs like stock broker, banker, financial manager etc...

I'm not sure if low level jobs  such as accountant, auditor or book keeper are also counted.

Thank you for any advise.

chauhoang0909 wrote:

Because I've heard that expats are not allowed to work in financial industry. But for me financial industry include jobs like stock broker, banker, financial manager etc...

I'm not sure if low level jobs  such as accountant, auditor or book keeper are also counted.

If you find a job and the employer is willing to apply for EP/SP for you then you are allowed to. :)

chauhoang0909 wrote:

First you should know and understand what are you writing in a public forum. When and where accountants, auditor or book keeper jobs are called Low level jobs! Do you know even what's the definition of Low level jobs?

Now, coming back to your query, I think you have no idea what are you talking here. Neither you have had an idea about Singapore. This is the 3rd largest financial market in the world, if those jobs which you have mentioned are only restricted to locals and not allowed to open for foreigners then no financial market would sustain for a Long run.

In Singapore, thousands thousands of jobs which you have mentioned are held by foreigners since decades.

A suggestion, start spending more time to collect correct information. Are you staying in Singapore? If not then change your current living location as it appears to be Singapore. Good luck

Sorry for my improper knowledge, and sorry if I made it sounds offensive. In my country book keeper is the entry level for accounting students. Thanks for your information, I have better understanding now.