Young South African Professional Seeking Opportunity in Mauritius

Good Day,

I am a 32 year old banking and business development professional with 10 years of working experience as a Private Banker and Business Development Manager (across various industries).

I am married and my wife is a 31 year old Aesthetic Skincare Therapist with 10 years of experience. We also have a 5 year old boy.

Our intention is to secure roles in Mauritius which will allow our family to relocate from Johannesburg to Mauritius and raise our son in Mauritius.

We are extremely hard working and ambitious people who are family orientated. We want to raise our son in the best possible environment.

With that said, we would be grateful for existing expats' input and partnership with regards to the following:

1. What is the average salary a household should earn in Mauritius to live comfortably (we are simple people and not after any fancy luxurious life)
2. Any expats who have moved with young kids, what has your experience been like settling in with the kids?
3. What job opportunities currently exist given the above information? (I am happy to provide further info if required)
4. Which industries in Mauritius are looking for/taking in the most expats?
5. Best areas to live in for expats?

Any guidance, input and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly,

Kind Regards
Mitesh Bhowan

Hi Mitesh,

Welcome to the forum.

You will find all these information on the forum itself through the different threads/categories.

Here are a couple of threads that might be useful to you :

- Cost of living 2018 in Mauritius

- Cost of living in Mauritius - 2017

- Parenting in Mauritius

- What are the dos and don'ts of finding a job in Mauritius?

- The jobs that are the most in-demand for expats in Mauritius

Should you have any further question, feel free to post on the related threads. Members will surely try to guide you.

All the very best,
Bhavna

Hello Mitesh,

Given the specific field that you and your wife are in, i can only suggest you check out this website: emploi.mu/ and you will surely find something that matches your liking and professional experience. I hope it helps.

Yours truly,
Anthony