What are your MVV experiences?

Hi everyone,

Going through this thread I could not help to notice many people mentioning birth certificates being apostilled & legalized. Are birth certificates needed in the application?

My partner and I are applying tomorrow We did not see birth certificates in our checklist and we are not submitting one, so I wanted to double-check on here.

Thanks & good luck to everyone! :)

Thank you so much, Martijn!

What were the documents that your wife showed to the dutch border authorities in schipol? Because i am planning to book the ticket and i have read this in the government.nl website about covid restrictions :

Documents to be shown at the Dutch border”
If you meet the conditions above and travel to the Netherlands, you will need to show the following documents to the Dutch border authorities:

~a completed 'Vaccine Declaration COVID-19' form;

~proof of vaccination accepted by the Netherlands;

~proof of your return flight;

~a visa. “

I mean, I agree with the rest except with proof of return flight. Lol why would i need a proof of my return flight if my purpose of stay is to live with my partner?

Dykes wrote:

Hi everyone,

Going through this thread I could not help to notice many people mentioning birth certificates being apostilled & legalized. Are birth certificates needed in the application?

My partner and I are applying tomorrow We did not see birth certificates in our checklist and we are not submitting one, so I wanted to double-check on here.

Not so sure why you dont have it on the list, maybe it depends with the nationality?  I had my birth cert legalized & apostiled.

Hi Nougatelli,

You might want to check the exemptions for EU residents and family members. The conditions mentioned by you apply to regular entries to The Netherlands.

If your partner holds a valid visa (MVV) or a residence permit, they fall under the exemptions which vary depending on the country of origin (whether it is a high-risk or low-risk country). Both vaccine and return tickets are requirements that generally residents are exempted from.

EU exemptions: https://www.government.nl/topics/corona … categories

Best of luck!

Nougatelli wrote:

Thank you so much, Martijn!

What were the documents that your wife showed to the dutch border authorities in schipol? Because i am planning to book the ticket and i have read this in the government.nl website about covid restrictions :

Documents to be shown at the Dutch border”
If you meet the conditions above and travel to the Netherlands, you will need to show the following documents to the Dutch border authorities:

~a completed 'Vaccine Declaration COVID-19' form;

~proof of vaccination accepted by the Netherlands;

~proof of your return flight;

~a visa. “

I mean, I agree with the rest except with proof of return flight. Lol why would i need a proof of my return flight if my purpose of stay is to live with my partner?

Hi,

As my wife came from China (that is seen by the Netherlands as a safe country to travel from) she only had the MVV and just in case the letter we got with the MVV/TEV result from the IND (this can be downloaded as a PDF file and printed where you are).

As you will be traveling with MVV (special visa for immigration) you do not need to have a return ticket.

COVID-19 related information can be found on https://www.government.nl/topics/corona … ide-the-eu

Dykes wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hi,

You do not need the birth certificate for the application, but you will need the birth certificate later when you register in the city where your partner lives.
My wife got information from the Dutch embassy in China about what she must bring for being able to register in the BRP in my city (in her case, the birth certificate and het hukau / household book because in the BRP also the information about the parents will be registered).
If you are not sure about your birth certificate then contact the Dutch embassy in your country or the IND.

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Deleted at the request of poster
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hey. As per my experience, When we submitted the papers, on the 4th week of waiting, we haven't received a letter for payment. So we were worried and called IND. when we called IND, they apologized for the delay and not sending the letter for payment. So in short, if we didn't called, probably they will not notice our application, lol.

We got a yes in day 72.

hello,

when can i legally start work? when i receive residence permit at IND or after i register at the gemeente department? so much bureaucracy and vague. very frustrating

Assuming you have a work permit, you can work the moment you get your BSN number from the Gemeente

Hi, we got a yes from ind.
Among the documents required for our appointment at the consulate, mvv issue is asked on the form 2.10 Have you previously applied for
an MVV? and 2.11 If so, are there any new facts/
circumstances? I am confused about the questions.
I answered yes to the question 2.10 because we received a rejection answer in our previous applications.
I answered no to question 2.11. is this right what i did

Hello,

My employer is a recognized sponsor and applied for my highly skilled migrant visa 1 month ago. However there is no news yet and me & my husband we will both will leave our current jobs in 2 weeks time. I am really anxious about the delay, today HR told that they will call IND.
Can they reject the application?

Bazizk wrote:

Hello,

My employer is a recognized sponsor and applied for my highly skilled migrant visa 1 month ago. However there is no news yet and me & my husband we will both will leave our current jobs in 2 weeks time. I am really anxious about the delay, today HR told that they will call IND.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Covid and the annual summer holidays have caused staffing issues at the IND which can delay applications.  The short answer to your question is yes, they can reject any application that does not meet the requirements for the visa being applied for, but nobody here knows the circumstances of your application; all I can say is that if your application was made in good faith and in accordance with the IND requirements, then it should be granted.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Cynic wrote:
Bazizk wrote:

Hello,

Covid and the annual summer holidays have caused staffing issues at the IND which can delay applications.  The short answer to your question is yes, they can reject any application that does not meet the requirements for the visa being applied for, but nobody here knows the circumstances of your application; all I can say is that if your application was made in good faith and in accordance with the IND requirements, then it should be granted.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks Cynic. Yes, the application meets all the criteria listed on IND's website for highly skilled migrants. Then fingers crossed, hope I will get a positive answer soon.

Hello Martin sir,
i am also waiting from April 2021  to still October now.i am very worrid for my MVV decision. My application deadline will finish soon.next week. We are very worry.what can we do? please say something.

You will have to be patient mine got extended after the first 3 months for another 3 months which makes 90+90

I got my yes on the 180th day so it can take the full period so please be patient

Like joy said, unfortunately I see this for a lot of people that have applied since some months now.
There is not much more you can do than wait and hope for the best.
You or your partner could try to call the IND, but from what I have read from others is that it is very difficult to reach them.

Hi, good day everyone, I will be in the Netherlands for a month is it possible to do a MVV exam before I leave, well I don't know much about dutch just some of the simple words but am thinking that if I attempted the exam I would have some idea what its about.

carinenewman wrote:

Hi, good day everyone, I will be in the Netherlands for a month is it possible to do a MVV exam before I leave, well I don't know much about dutch just some of the simple words but am thinking that if I attempted the exam I would have some idea what its about.

The MVV is a joint residence and work permit; part of the application is a language exam, this exam cannot be taken anywhere in the Netherlands.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

This is more difficult than I thought, thank you

Hi,
Did anyone recently, applied through the recognised sponsor for a high skilled visa?
If yes, then how much time IND took for the approval?

My sponsor applied last month and has already been more than 3 weeks but still no response.
Is that normal nowadays? Because earlier it used to be within 2 weeks time.

Harman6666 wrote:

Hi,
Did anyone recently, applied through the recognised sponsor for a high skilled visa?
If yes, then how much time IND took for the approval?

My sponsor applied last month and has already been more than 3 weeks but still no response.
Is that normal nowadays? Because earlier it used to be within 2 weeks time.

The quoted time from IND has always been a maximum of 90 days; that said we've heard of some being turned around in 7 days.  Ask your sponsor to speak to the IND and see if they have any comments, but they will almost certainly just say "a maximum of 90 days".  I certainly wouldn't worry about it, there are many civil servants still working from home due to Covid restrictions and this will cause delays.

What could be the reasons for rejection when applied with a partner?

Veli Furkan TURKOGLU wrote:

What could be the reasons for rejection when applied with a partner?

Not signing the documentation where required
Not answering the questions
Not answering the questions honestly
Previous deportation
False documentation

Those wont be a problem but I am a bit scared due to my country's foreign policies recently. Would those affect the decision?

Those wont be a problem but I am a bit scared due to my country's foreign policies recently. Would those affect the decision?

You won't be held responsible for Erdogan's stunts unless you were an active participant.  If you're on any Interpol list for previous things you may have done, it will come up.

Oh trust me, Cynic. I have got nothing to share with that person! Thank you so much for clarification. I am so excited.

Oh trust me, Cynic. I have got nothing to share with that person! Thank you so much for clarification. I am so excited.

Safe journey.  Remember to keep breathing. :)

Are they going to require more documents to prove our relationship? Such as photos, statements from friends, family etc. If so, we would like to get them ready beforehand

Are they going to require more documents to prove our relationship? Such as photos, statements from friends, family etc. If so, we would like to get them ready beforehand

You can never have too much evidence.  Things they like are things like invoices in both names; correspondence between you - things like e-mails "Hi Babe, my flight gets in on Friday at 10 pm, looking forward to being together" are good.  Photos together, even better with other family members.  Anything about your future together.

Hello everyone,

My partner and I have received a positive decision today, exactly on the deadline provided by IND (3 months). We faced some setbacks as we received a call, about a week ago, asking for some supplementary documentation. They also gave us a new deadline (until mid November), but only one day after submitting the documentation we received the decision letter

Now we are trying to get an appointment to collect the MVV sticker at the nearest embassy, but they are rather busy and no dates are currently available.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi Everyone,

My company has applied for my HSM visa along with my wife's dependent visa last week. How long does it take for approval? Anyone whose application was recently approved? How much time it took?

Kindly let me know

Thanks

abhik2903 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

My company has applied for my HSM visa along with my wife's dependent visa last week. How long does it take for approval? Anyone whose application was recently approved? How much time it took?

Kindly let me know

Thanks

PreCovid, they were taking as little as 2 weeks to come through.  However, since Covid, they have gone to the full 90 days (which is what they quote on their website).  The fact is that many IND staff are still working from home.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Cynic,

It will take full 90 days? Post Covid all applications take 90 days? Hasn't anyone received before that like with 2-4 weeks?

Thanks

abhik2903 wrote:

Hi Cynic,

It will take full 90 days? Post Covid all applications take 90 days? Hasn't anyone received before that like with 2-4 weeks?

Thanks

Very much depends on your own personal circumstances, if they come back with questions, it could take longer as the clock resets.  90 days is the quoted time for all work permits, the difference for HSM is because employers (sponsors) are already registered with IND and they are experienced in submitting these applications, they normally go through quickly - I heard of one that took 7 days (so the recipient claimed).  The difference with Covid is with large parts of the Dutch civil service working from home, anything that involves a piece of paper causes issues; the IND have a webpage devoted to this subject; this link will take you straight to it.

I would also advise you to check whether you can actually enter the Netherlands as the EU has a Covid travel ban in place and from the IND website, India is included in that ban; the link to that is on the IND webpage link I have given you.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Cynic,

Thanks for all the information. 😊

Thanks

Hi Team ,

I had another question. I am offered a position in a company. Although its a permanent one but initial contract is 1 year and then it will be an indefinite contract.
1) Is this process common in Netherlands?
2) Is salary of 65k gross annually sufficient for family of 2 in Netherlands?

Kindly help with your answers

Thanks

Hi again.

Yes, such contracts are normal.

You can live comfortably on that salary; Google “numbeo” that will take you to a website with detailed cost information.

Hope this helps

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Cynic,

Thanks for the information

Thanks

Hello there,

I am a French citizen living in the Netherlands and applied for the unmarried visa for my British boyfriend on the 6th of August, and saw on the portal that it was moved to 'in progress' on the 13th of August (decision period is by the 4th of November). In the meantime I saw that someone from the IND looked at my LinkedIn profile twice.

We initially couldn't provide an unmarried status certificate because it seemed that the UK didn't provide that, but after a lot of investigation we found a sort of equivalent (it shows that no marriage has been found for that person in the last 10 years). So we got that legalised and added it to our application about 2 weeks ago. What is strange is that our application was 'in progress' for a while (someone was looking at my LinkedIn profile), but no-one had told us that we needed to have this unmarried status certificate. It feels like it was just forgotten about.

We are now 2 days to the decision period, and didn't receive any news from the IND yet. We have provided every single document they asked for (instead of just 5 attachments as proof of relationship I literally added a PDF with about 20 pictures and plane tickets).

Is there a possibility for them to reject the application or extend their decision period? Because it's 2 days and there is no sign of life from them. Has anyone had experience with the IND just missing their decision deadline?
I almost have the feeling that they are doing this out of spite for Brexit

Thanks much!