Forgot to do my TB test within 3 months :(

Hello!

I'm a master's student in Utrecht who arrived mid-August 2017, and after getting all my other stuff settled I totally forgot to get the TB x-ray. I recently remembered that I didn't do it, so I'm wondering how I should move forward. Should I go get it done now anyway? And what effect would it most likely have on an application for a zoekjaar visa?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You had 3-months in which to have your TB test; if they haven't come knocking on your door, then I suspect you have not committed a dreadful crime.  I strongly recommend that you contact the Area Health Service (GGD) and arrange your test as soon as possible; this link will take you to the page with the details.  This link will take you to the webpage with the details of all the local GGD offices.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Haha yeah I hope so :P Thanks for the advice!

Cynic wrote:

You had 3-months in which to have your TB test; if they haven't come knocking on your door, then I suspect you have not committed a dreadful crime.  I strongly recommend that you contact the Area Health Service (GGD) and arrange your test as soon as possible; this link will take you to the page with the details.  This link will take you to the webpage with the details of all the local GGD offices.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks alot for this info man, however I would like to know the penalty of failing to undergo through TB test, few IND form states "that it may result of withdrawing the residence permit" but I guess that the worst case.

Could you please facilitate?

I don't know of anybody who has either not had the test, or been caught out for not doing it.  The Dutch legal system is such that you would never find out and the press in Holland are very restricted in what they can report in terms of personal information coming from prosecutions.

I can say that there is always a risk of the Authorities doing what it says in the law, it's there to protect the people living in the country and if it says you have to do it, then it's not something you should say "Er, can't be bothered with this sh1t", that will almost certainly not go down well.

The law in Holland is very pragmatic, so I would say that if anybody came to Holland with the intent of breaking any law, you can almost guarantee that if caught, they would be on the next plane back to where they came from, but if you own up along the lines of "Sorry sir/madam, but I screwed up ......... ", then you'll probably get a smack on the wrist and as long as you do what you should have done in the first place, i.e. have the TB test, then you'll probably get away with it.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team.

Thanks for your explaination .. appreciate the effort

I have the same problem , i thought it was 6 months period , so i sent the form when i new i was too late and also went to the ind office and explaned everything and they told to go pass it without an appointement , so i went and tge lady said that she couldnt help me and i have to take an appointement ,so i gave my forme again. And went back to the ind and i talled them what happened and they took a note and now i need to wait for the appoinetement , i hope this helps , you need to send the forme and wait for an appointement but its also better if u informe the ind .

Hey I got the same situation as you because when I arrived I was too overwhelmed with study and adapt to the culture! Now I start to panic about the TB test thingi sooooo much and I still have a year of study . How is your solution?

Best you go get it done then eh?  This link will take you to the IND website with the details of how to get it done.

Cynic
Expat Team

@lunchbox95 What's the update ?

I too missed the deadline. Did you get warned ?

@TheRealismail Hi Ismail,

So how did it went finally ?

Did they warn/penalise you ?