How to prove a long term and exclusive relationship?

Hello!

I am in the process to get an MVV and a resident permit in Netherlands. At the moment, I am wating for the test results but I am possitive to get it. Now I am working on the other documents we have to show to the IND, but one them, which has to do with proving a long term and exclusive relationship, is frustrating me a lot because i dont know what is the best way to prove it, what is enough? Is ther any advise to do these proves?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Things such as photographs of you both together and with extended family; private e-mails/letters/messages between yourselves; domestic rental/hotel invoices with your names on; basically things that prove you've had a life together in the past.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

@teff94

I also noticed that you also post on another thread the exact same post. We ask you kindly that you only post once, so members don't have repeat themselves and that you do not get conflicing advice.

SimCityAT
Expat Team

what if in case we re just still in couple of months relationship? do you think we can go on to prove? though iam in my progress for apply my inburgering test now, kindly need ur opinion, thanks in advance

wl90 wrote:

what if in case we re just still in couple of months relationship? do you think we can go on to prove? though iam in my progress for apply my inburgering test now, kindly need ur opinion, thanks in advance

The Dutch Government don't stipulate an exact duration; their only guidance says:

IND wrote:

A relationship is long-term and exclusive if the relationship can be considered a marriage. You can show this among other things by filling out a relationship declaration. In the relationship declaration you and your partner declare that you are going to live together in the Netherlands. You are going to run a joint household. You also declare that you have an exclusive relationship with each other. You can find the relationship declaration as an appendix in the application form.

You need to consider what would happen if your relationship didn't work out because your visa would no longer be valid and you may have to return back to your home country.

The IND website has a contact section; my advice is before you spend all your money, to contact them and ask.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

I got your same situation, when we wanted to apply for this kind of visa we knew each other for about 3 months but doing the process is very long so at the moment we sent the application with all the documents we were already 5 months and we were accepted.
if you are going to take the test and if you havent make an appointment yet it will take like 4 weeks and 2 to 4 weeks to get the results and maybe 4 weeks more to get all the docs and fill out the application so dont worry, just prove with evidence that your relationship is real.

Hi Im in the same situation. Is it possible to still get Partnership visa if me and my partner lived in the same residence for three months?

There is no yes/no response to this question because every case is judged on its own merits; if the regulators consider that you are just going through a convenience relationship in order to gain a Dutch residence permit, then they will almost certainly say no.  How they ensure that you don't do that is you sign a declaration form that you are going to live together in the Netherlands, that you are going to run a joint household together and you also declare that you have an exclusive relationship with each other.

The Netherlands government will know if those circumstances change because of the system of registration in the Netherlands; in that case, the conditions under which you were granted a visa will no longer be valid and you will need to re-apply for your visa, which if unsuccessful may lead to you being told to leave the country.  The same rules for application will apply.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you