What are your MVV experiences?

There are many reasons why IND rejected an application. It can be the income of your partner who sponsored you, the employment agreement which your partner has, the age different of both of you, and many other reasons can appear.

If you think that your application is all set then you don't have to worry! It takes time for awhile until you hear their decision but it's always worth it.

Good luck!

itsjeldzy10 wrote:

Hello, i am curious about the MVV procedure and documents. What are the reasons why IND reject some applications.

Hope i can get an answer from you guys

Thank you.

Hello. My name is Jeldzy from Dubai but i am from the philippines. I just want to ask if for example i took an exam in Dubai and pass, can i apply the MVV in the Philippines and it's okay if not in Dubai?

Hoping for your positive response

Thank you

Hello everyone,

I need some advice regarding the MMV procedure. My husband (sponsor) has applied online for my MVV, he is currently in the Netherlands. Once we get the approval from the IND, which documents do need to take to the Netherlands consulate in my Country to collect my MVV?

I know that I have to provide the following:

1) My passport
2) Foto's
3) Approval letter from the IND

What else? Legalised marriage certificate? My legalised birth certificate? Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks!

To Jpro,

If you required to take A1 exam then bring the result also. 1 pc passport photo. .and legalized marriage certificate and birt certificate.

😊

Thanks Krissah! :)

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to travel to any EU country except the Netherlands, while waiting for the MVV to be processed?

I am aware that it is not allowed to enter the Netherlands while waiting for the MVV but what about other EU countries?

I am actually not sure but according to what I read on this post, there was a lady came from Asia but she was waiting for the MVV process in the Belgium and she did a volunteer work for awhile. So it might be possible to travel to EU. Again, I am not the expert! You should take a look on the old posts because they mentioned everything. Good luck!

Roe55667 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to travel to any EU country except the Netherlands, while waiting for the MVV to be processed?

I am aware that it is not allowed to enter the Netherlands while waiting for the MVV but what about other EU countries?

Thanks for the reply! Apparently it is fine but your are not allowed to the Netherlands at all.

Hello All!!

If could you please help me with this ?

My husband and I submitted our application July 20th , today we received a call from IND stating they have all our papers in order but they need another letter stating that the contract of my husband doesn't have an expiration date, she provided it immediately. Just wanted to know if some of you the IND asks for additional documents and if so , when did they answer back with the desicion

Thanks in Advance

It will take sometime again to know the result. If you want to know it specifically unfortunately we never know when the IND will give the decision.

But I have the same experience currently as yours, I have been waiting more than 3 months now. The IND says they are really hectic currently therefore if your application takes much more time, please be patient because your time will come!

Good luck!

PatyCaribe wrote:

Hello All!!

If could you please help me with this ?

My husband and I submitted our application July 20th , today we received a call from IND stating they have all our papers in order but they need another letter stating that the contract of my husband doesn't have an expiration date, she provided it immediately. Just wanted to know if some of you the IND asks for additional documents and if so , when did they answer back with the desicion

Thanks in Advance

Hello! I have the same experience with my application a year and a half ago. They asked for additional documents and once we sent it to them, they replied with a decision within a few hours. Their decision and response depends on their availability and their workload. I guess we were just lucky the person handling our application that time was not so busy.

Hello All!

I would like to know who has Same situation as me and If it is possible.

I passes my Civic Integration exam in Dubai and now my partner is preparing for my MVV application. I have been living here in UAE for 3 yrs already But now  residence visa has expired already, i take visit visa which i can renew every 3 months. Will i have a problem If i apply my MVV here in Dubai with a visit visa only(which is Im legally or i should go back to my home country and process my visa there?

Hoping someone to response.

Hello!!

I have the same question as well, but i live in dubai and i still have my visa here. the thing is do i need the cenomar (non marriage certificate) from dubai since im residing here now?

Hello All! My approval arrived.

20th of July : Submission (Online)
23rd of August: Received a call asking for a job letter stating his contract doesn't have an ending date and it was provided in 1 hour to them
26th August: APPROVAL by Team Den Bosch 5

Our process took 1 month and 6 days.

Today I dropped passports at the embassy in my country to be stamped.

BLESSINGS !

Congratulations!!

PatyCaribe wrote:

Hello All! My approval arrived.

20th of July : Submission (Online)
23rd of August: Received a call asking for a job letter stating his contract doesn't have an ending date and it was provided in 1 hour to them
26th August: APPROVAL by Team Den Bosch 5

Our process took 1 month and 6 days.

Today I dropped passports at the embassy in my country to be stamped.

BLESSINGS !

hi, would like to ask a question is it possible to use the same photo you submitted when you take the dutch exam and the for the mvv? thank you!

Congratulations.

I applied on the 1st of August and on the 13th September the contacted my partner for I to send the certificate of no impediment, On the 17th September we submutted it and they replied my partner telling him we need to take it to the embassy to get legalised first than suit it again. Due on setting appointments with the embassy we got it legalised on the 25th September and re submitted it again on the 26th September.

I now dont know how long will it take for the to reply back and know they exact status on their reply. Very anxious right now. Because the only document which was pending was successfully submitted. I hope i get a positive answer soon

Hello,
I applied for the Spouse visa (MVV) through NYC Dutch Embassy on 29th August and  did the application payment on 3rd of September . Since there was a problem with my payment (bank's fault) the payment was sorted and accepted on 24th of September. I am still waiting on my visa and my husband called IND and they told us we still have time till 27th of November which is the end of 90 days period. I'm really stressed since it is taking this long. Any advice ?

Hi! I just want to ask some questions regarding processing of visa in NL. My mother is in NL now with his boyfriend. And they are planning to file a petition so that I can live with them. Is that even possible? I am 25 yrs old now. How can they file a petition in IND? We are planning that his boyfriend is my sponsor because my mother dont have the permanent residence permit, yet. Hoping for your answer. Thank you!

Hello, i just want to ask if my mvv issued in Dubai is it okay to go back in my home country (Philippines) first and spend my holidays before moving to NL?

Hello everyone,

Feels good to know that I am not alone in my struggle with the IND :) I wanted to share my ongoing experience.

My gvva application is sent out on October 31 via the company I'm hired. I am expecting to hear something around 5 December since the IND states that the procedure takes 5 weeks.

It is my second application with the same company because the first one was failed at market test. I am pretty nervous about the outcome even the company put enough efforts to find another European candidates and then still wanted to go on with me.

I wonder how long does mvv sticker take after approval? I can't handle another negative decision by UWV. Wish me luck!! Have a fantastic week!

Hi and good luck Toetteke! I wondered if you have heard from IND?

Hello and thanks for your good wishes. Unfortunately, I didn't hear from them yet. But they informed my employer that they will contact them next week. Fingers crossed!!

Toetteke wrote:

Hello everyone,

Feels good to know that I am not alone in my struggle with the IND :) I wanted to share my ongoing experience.

My gvva application is sent out on October 31 via the company I'm hired. I am expecting to hear something around 5 December since the IND states that the procedure takes 5 weeks.

It is my second application with the same company because the first one was failed at market test. I am pretty nervous about the outcome even the company put enough efforts to find another European candidates and then still wanted to go on with me.

I wonder how long does mvv sticker take after approval? I can't handle another negative decision by UWV. Wish me luck!! Have a fantastic week!

Unfortunately, I just learned that my application is not approved by uwv since the conditions of the employment failed the market test. I feel very devastated and demotivated because of this news. However, I will try to move on and find another job offer in the Netherlands. I hope everyone will get their positive responses from the IND.

Cheers.

Hi All

I just did my basic civic exam and waiting for results, till then we are preparing the documents. I have legalized the certificate of unmarried status however I am divorced, do we need to provide a legalized divorce order as well? Thank you for your help.

Firstly, I am not the expert. But what I know that it won't be possible because you are already 25 years old which means you can live by your own.

If you like to live with your mom, it is (PROBABLY) possible and the application should be sent to the IND and you are still obligated to take inburgeringsexamen.

That's..... all what I know. Good luck!

jhnmlgrc wrote:

Hi! I just want to ask some questions regarding processing of visa in NL. My mother is in NL now with his boyfriend. And they are planning to file a petition so that I can live with them. Is that even possible? I am 25 yrs old now. How can they file a petition in IND? We are planning that his boyfriend is my sponsor because my mother dont have the permanent residence permit, yet. Hoping for your answer. Thank you!

Hello,

I am an American and the IND is telling me that I do not need an MVV to come to the Netherlands to get my biometrics done and to come back to pick it up. Seems a bit strange. Has anyone experienced this? IND is claiming because I am American I can be in the country for 90 days and wait for my residence permit to be processed (it has been approved).

Thank you!

asht0nn wrote:

Hello,

I am an American and the IND is telling me that I do not need an MVV to come to the Netherlands to get my biometrics done and to come back to pick it up. Seems a bit strange. Has anyone experienced this? IND is claiming because I am American I can be in the country for 90 days and wait for my residence permit to be processed (it has been approved).

Thank you!

Hi again.

The 90 days (also known as a Schengen visa) is the temporary visa scheme operated by some EU countries to facilitate easy entry to those countries.  MVV is about integration which is not required for a short-term visa.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello. Thank you for the response! I am moving to the Netherlands as a Highly Skilled Migrant. My sponsor company did not apply for an MVV for me since I am an American.

I explain my situation is this post: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 97#4783488

Would be very helpful to get some clarity there. Thank you!

asht0nn wrote:

Hello. Thank you for the response! I am moving to the Netherlands as a Highly Skilled Migrant. My sponsor company did not apply for an MVV for me since I am an American.

I explain my situation is this post: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 97#4783488

Would be very helpful to get some clarity there. Thank you!

Hi again.

A skilled migrant visa acts as both a residence permit and work visa; if you are travelling with your wife/partner/family, it will save you a lot of hassle if the people applying for your HSM could also include your family at the same time as your application.  The HSM visa can be cleared within 7>14 days, a separate application for your family can take up to 90 days.

MVV is about integration (learning Dutch, learning about the culture etc); as all work permits are by definition temporary, the Dutch aren't too fussed as to whether you integrate or not; that said, my own opinion is that you will find life in the Netherlands a lot better if you learn the language.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi everyone! I have a question for those who applied for a relationship visa to live with their unmarried Dutch partner. How long had you been in a relationship by the moment you applied for the visa? And how did it go? How long did the process take?

My boyfriend and I have been together for more than 6 months, have a lot of pictures, we've met each other's families, but it's not clear from official websites if it's convincing enough for IND. Would like to know about real cases. Thanks!

Hi congratulations! how long did it take before your passport was returned to you with mvv visa sticker?

batalova wrote:

Hi everyone! I have a question for those who applied for a relationship visa to live with their unmarried Dutch partner. How long had you been in a relationship by the moment you applied for the visa? And how did it go? How long did the process take?

My boyfriend and I have been together for more than 6 months, have a lot of pictures, we've met each other's families, but it's not clear from official websites if it's convincing enough for IND. Would like to know about real cases. Thanks!

Hi there

My partner and I been together for 2.5 years now. I started my MVV Application since December 2019.

Here's my experience,

MVV Exam: 10-Dec-2019
Exam Result: 6-Jan-2020
MVV Application: 30-Jan-2020
(There is a 3 weeks gap before applying since I have to wait for some documents)
MVV Application Result: 6-Mar-2020
Submit my passport to Dutch embassy for sticker: 9-Mar-2020
Thank God, it all went well with our application. We submitted sufficient documents.

At the moment, I am waiting for my passport to arrive!! I cant wait to be with my boyfriend, I'm flying to Holland end of March.

Good luck on you application journey. All the best xx

John Azubuike wrote:

Hi congratulations! how long did it take before your passport was returned to you with mvv visa sticker?

Mine took 3 days! :)

We submitted the application on 10-March online.
Received a phone call on 26 March saying one of our form was filled incorrectly, we corrected it the same day, got approval on 31 March  :D

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please only use English on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Great news. Got our approval!

MVV Application: 29-March-2020
IND request for document: 14-April-2020
Submitted document to IND: 24-April-2020
MVV Application Approval: 28-April-2020

Grateful that the IND moved so quickly given everything going on right now.

Good luck to everyone; wishing you a speedy process as well!

Is there anyone here that could not go to the embassy after the IND approval?

I had my appointment on 19th of March but on the morning of 18th of March, all the Dutch embassies were closed to mvv applications due to coronavirus measures.

I was supposed to start working on 1st of April but I am still waiting for the embassies to reopen in order to enter The Netherlands.

Does anyone knows/predicts any opening dates for embassies? I called and mailed the embassy but nobody knows about an opening date.

Mr. Rutte announced a 5 stage plan for reopening facilities last week but no sign for embassies yet.

Thanks everybody in advance.

#corona #virus #measures #embassy #consulate #coronavirus

Any new experiences lately on applying for MVV during this pandemic?

Karsiyakali wrote:

Is there anyone here that could not go to the embassy after the IND approval?

I had my appointment on 19th of March but on the morning of 18th of March, all the Dutch embassies were closed to mvv applications due to coronavirus measures.

I was supposed to start working on 1st of April but I am still waiting for the embassies to reopen in order to enter The Netherlands.

Does anyone knows/predicts any opening dates for embassies? I called and mailed the embassy but nobody knows about an opening date.

Mr. Rutte announced a 5 stage plan for reopening facilities last week but no sign for embassies yet.

Thanks everybody in advance.

#corona #virus #measures #embassy #consulate #coronavirus

Hi Karsiyakali,

Hope the embassy opened and hat you finally got your MMV. If so, how long did it take for the Embassy to stamp the sticker in your passport and what documents (if any) were you asked in the IND Approval letter to take to the Embassy?

Lastly, how long did it take for the IND to approve your highly skilled migrant application?

Regards,

JSMUG