What are your MVV experiences?

Hello All,

I am moving over to the NL as a highly skilled migrant. My employer submitted the online application last week Wednesday, 29th. Everyone says this should take two weeks max to be approved but given the Corona situation now, I wonder if that would still be the case. Does anyone have any idea whether approvals for highly skilled migrant applications are still taking two weeks during this Corona period?

Also, the IND website says that when the approval letter comes through, it usually has documents that the applicant should take with them to the Embassy to collect the MVV. Does anyone have an idea of what these documents usually are?

Kind regards,

JSMUG

My filed my highly skilled migrant application online on July 29th. I am told being they are a recognised sponsor this should take two weeks maximum. This Wednesday 12th will be two weeks so am keeping my fingers crossed but wondering whether the Corona pandemic and the August holiday period might affect the IND timelines.

Also in the same boat, My employer has submitted to the IND for me today. Will be interesting to see how long it will take

yogiboar wrote:

Also in the same boat, My employer has submitted to the IND for me today. Will be interesting to see how long it will take

I got the approval letter yesterday! Hooray. However, IND had replied in only five days coz it is dated 3rd August and employer had sent in application online on July 29th. They sent the letter to the office but it is closed ad staff were working from home. It is only yesterday that HR called IND and she was informed that the approval had been sent ages ago! Anyway, she asked they send it by email which they did and she forwarded it to me. I have now booked an appointment at the embassy here in Kampala.

By the look of things your approval will come in within seven days.

zhino.sophy wrote:

hello ,i have a question ,my partner wants to apply for my MVV and he has his own company for 17 months and so has no contract ,they told us it has to be 18 months so if we apply now the IND will reject it?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You've answered your own question; yes, if you do not meet all of the requirements of the respective application, it will be rejected.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi,
     I am from India. I am going to apply for MVV and residence permit by myself in this October. In the MVV issue form, is it necessary to mention the host address in the section 2.6, as I myself going to apply and I don't have any host. Could anyone please  help me out in this? Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Dismi

Dismi Nayakam wrote:

Hi,
     I am from India. I am going to apply for MVV and residence permit by myself in this October. In the MVV issue form, is it necessary to mention the host address in the section 2.6, as I myself going to apply and I don't have any host. Could anyone please  help me out in this? Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Dismi

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

If you have no host; then write that on the form.

Hope that helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hey Guys,

My partner and I are applying for the MVV.
We are translating and doing the apostile for the documents, and I know it may sound weird to ask, but: We DON'T have to translate and apostile my passport copy, right?
For me the passport it's already an international document, but I could not find anything about it online.

Hope someone can help us!

Hey :)

I am new here - hello!
My partner and I are also waiting on my MVV result. It has been about 60 days now and we haven't heard anything yet. Such a long wait :(
My partner said it mighe be because of the covid situation. But I am the worrier lol.
Well, hope it'll be ok...

julianapdias wrote:

Hey Guys,

My partner and I are applying for the MVV.
We are translating and doing the apostile for the documents, and I know it may sound weird to ask, but: We DON'T have to translate and apostile my passport copy, right?
For me the passport it's already an international document, but I could not find anything about it online.

Hope someone can help us!

No, you do not have to translate or legalise the pages from the passport.
Only documents like birth certificate, unmarried certificate / marriage document if not married in the Netherlands, translations also have to be legalised.

Hey, so I finally got my postive result on the 14th! :) waited for 67 days... actually not too bad for now.
Good luck to everyone!

Wenqian wrote:

Hey, so I finally got my postive result on the 14th! :) waited for 67 days... actually not too bad for now.
Good luck to everyone!

by the way it's Den Bosch team 9 :)

Hello guys , my girlfriend and I applied for the mvv. how long does it take for the decision I know it's says 3months but how quickly can it be? Thanks

GWilly93 wrote:

Hello guys , my girlfriend and I applied for the mvv. how long does it take for the decision I know it's says 3months but how quickly can it be? Thanks

Generally, most normal applications take the full 90 days; some can take longer if the applicant(s) omit any of the required information.

The skilled migrant applications can take a much shorter time; mainly because there are no employment checks required.

The only thing to add is that because of Covid, many people are working from home, this includes the IND staff; this may cause some delays in dealing with applications.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks

If you do the application online do they send the decision on your mail box or or they send it on your govt account

GWilly93 wrote:

If you do the application online do they send the decision on your mail box or or they send it on your govt account

You'll get a letter.

Thank you very much

Hi there. I have heard of many cases with the partner residence permit getting approval in 2 months. Some people have even heard back in 1 week. Unfortunately applications are processed at random, and not in order of receipt.

How long did you application take please

We haven't heard back yet! We applied a week ago!

Yeah mine too was 2 weeks ago

Hi everybody.

The permits that take less than 14 days are in general, the skilled migrant version; this is because these work visas do not require an employability check and are all submitted on-line, so there is no forgotten documents when the application lands at the IND.  They can take longer if the applicant does not disclose his/her wife and family and then asks "what about my wife and kids" after the application has already been submitted.

Routine MVV applications can and do take up to 90 days; in particular; they are all submitted to one office, who then distributes them around the various teams working in the Netherlands; their is no advantage in having your application dealt with by a specific team, the work is distributed based on capacity at a particular office.

You should note that the Corona virus has caused many IND workers to work from home, which is not helping in dealing with these applications.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi everyone, I have submitted application online for my spouse mvv on Jan 26th and It is mentioned that Decision period is April 26th.
On Feb 8th the status is changed to in-progress and today the decision period is changed to May 10th (exactly 3 months from today), but I did not receive any mail asking about something/some documents

Any reasons, why did they extend the decision period?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Ramesh

Almost certainly because of Covid and the fact that most of the IND staff are working from home.

Cynic wrote:

Almost certainly because of Covid and the fact that most of the IND staff are working from home.

Hi Cynic,

Thank you for your response!

I also thought the same it could be because of covid.

But, I am wondering why did they do it once the status is changed to in progress that too after 2 days of changing the status.

Any other thoughts?

Regards,
Ramesh

Ram548 wrote:
Cynic wrote:

Hi Cynic,

Thank you for your response!

I also thought the same it could be because of covid.

But, I am wondering why did they do it once the status is changed to in progress that too after 2 days of changing the status.

Any other thoughts?

Regards,
Ramesh

Hi again.

Almost certainly caused by the the work parameters set up in the current system no longer being applicable in the covid environment and people are now having to update the system by hand after the system had already assumed something had happened.

I disagree that it's because of covid. I have seen, at least 3 cases these past 2 weeks, where people got approved after ONE WEEK. Like, sending the application in, status changing to in behandeling, and then approved, all within one week. It's different for everyone, and it is largely dependent on the workload of the case manager that gets the case.

Zorinn wrote:

I disagree that it's because of covid. I have seen, at least 3 cases these past 2 weeks, where people got approved after ONE WEEK. Like, sending the application in, status changing to in behandeling, and then approved, all within one week. It's different for everyone, and it is largely dependent on the workload of the case manager that gets the case.

Much more likely that they were skilled migrants who don't go though the same employment checks as the rest of us.

They were all people filing for a residence permit with an MVV under the partner visa.

Zorinn wrote:

They were all people filing for a residence permit with an MVV under the partner visa.

Which the skilled migrant category also have to do; the only difference between the 2 work visas are that one is referred to SZW for them to comment as to whether the applicant has a reasonable chance of finding work in the Netherlands - this takes time; skilled migrants, by the fact they have a sponsor for a guaranteed job don't go though this process and their applications can take as little as a few days.

Hi,

I applied to sponsor my partner under my student visa. We applied on 30 December 2020 and got a positive response on 4 February 2021 (i.e. a little over a month from time of application until we got a decision). You can check the Facebook page called "MVV naar Nederland", many people looking to sponsor their partners post questions/updates on there.

Hello please did you hear anything from the ind?

Hello dear expats,

My wife's employer applied for her MVV on 24th Feb. She hasn't yet heard anything about the MVV application.
Any recent updates about the timelines?

The thing is that she is supposed to start working on 1st of April, and given the covid quarantine rules, she has to be in the Netherlands atleast 5days before. also after getting the approval she has to go to embassy for visa sticker, that itself takes around 10 days. it's about HSM visa I am talking about.

Any inputs on recent MVV timeline for HSM are much appreciated.

Thanks.

Please what and what did you submit.

Hi everyone, I'm new here too. I'm already in the Netherlands so I apply the partnership visa myself. Applied on Feb.18th, case still shows received. Waiting for the decision still.... Finger crossed

We applied last month via mail. Received the letter of confirmation 22 March and up to this date, we haven't received the letter for payment. How long did it take for you to get your letter for payment?  :)

For me since I have a Dutch resident permit, so I paid immediately online. The same time while I hand in the application.

Oh okay. Best of luck and I hope you'll get a positive result!  :top:

Thank you. Wish the best for you too!