What are your MVV experiences?

Hi,
I am also waiting for the IND decision, currently waiting for more than 1 month. My girlfriend (Dutch) and I (Peruvian) we're living in the USA. We applied for the MVV at the Dutch embassy in Washington dc. We are not married and we have a baby (she got dutch nationality trough the mother).
I'm curious about the outcome hope i will receive some news soon.
We applied in for the MVV at the embassy on April 16th.

Hey guys, I find this forum very helpful. Thanks to anyone who is replying. My situation is:
I passed the basis inburgering toets in February. My wife needed some time to sum all the documents needed, and she applied for MVV on 12th of April, a few days later it was accepted, but we still to this day (6 weeks later) the status hasn't changed to "in-progress".  Do we need to be worried?

tromich wrote:

Hey guys, I find this forum very helpful. Thanks to anyone who is replying. My situation is:
I passed the basis inburgering toets in February. My wife needed some time to sum all the documents needed, and she applied for MVV on 12th of April, a few days later it was accepted, but we still to this day (6 weeks later) the status hasn't changed to "in-progress".  Do we need to be worried?

No, no need to be worried.
In the letter the IND has send there is a date mentioned when you will get an answer at the latest.
The IND has to give an answer within 90 day after accepting the application and payment.
The status will change when the IND is looking at the application.
(I am also waiting since April 1st)

Thank you sir for the quick reply, I feel a bit relieved now. May I ask about the letter, does it state what team is working on your documents?

tromich wrote:

Thank you sir for the quick reply, I feel a bit relieved now. May I ask about the letter, does it state what team is working on your documents?

No, you know the team after you have received the result of the application, not before (although sometimes it is not mentioned there either).

Reading this thread over and over again just to relieve my anxiety lol.

My bf submitted by post March 15, IND sent a letter of acknowledgment March 22. Received the confirmation of payment April 15. Decision period is on June 4.

9 days to go till the decision period and my anxiety level is on it's super high peak. Cant do much, i am on panic mode so i asked my bf to call the IND just to check and they said we just need to wait for the decision period. Well then,   Hoping for positive results and to all of you as well. 🙂

Same here !! Anxiety level: 900. Looks like they have a lot pf requests to work on. Good luck to all and let's hope everything will be ok

Uff. I know right.

When is the date of decision for your application?

july 9th

As of today (2 June) our application changed to in process.
Our decision date is 30 june.

What are the documents needed for married couples

tromich wrote:

What are the documents needed

Sufficient wrote:

What are the documents needed for married couples

This depends on what kind of work your partner has and if you were married in the Netherlands or in Nigeria.
You can check everything on https://ind.nl/en/family/residence-perm … rtner.aspx
Please note that all questions are based on the Dutch partner.

We received a YES today!! Finally the wait for the result is over.
Now we have to make an appointment at the Dutch embassy for the MVV Visa.

Great

Congrats Sir. Happy for you. Wish you all the best

got the approval letter on 31st May! 4 days before the decision. 😄

Now I have a question regarding the collection of MVV sticker, is the date of issued stated on the sticker will be the day when the MVV sticker will be stamped on your passport or the date when we received our approval letter?

Just trying to make sure so that I can plan accordingly. 😅

It is the date you get the MVV in your passport.

After getting the approval letter, you normally have 3 months (90 days) to collect your MVV, because of COVID there are exceptions. See the topic posted by Cynic.

After getting the MVV, you have 3 months (90 days) to travel to the Netherlands. As far as I can find no exceptions.

MartijnR wrote:

It is the date you get the MVV in your passport.

After getting the approval letter, you normally have 3 months (90 days) to collect your MVV, because of COVID there are exceptions. See the topic posted by Cynic.

After getting the MVV, you have 3 months (90 days) to travel to the Netherlands. As far as I can find no exceptions.

Okay, thank you! 😀

Hello I'm Eugene from Ghana. My mvv decision period expires in about 8 days. They have extended the period for another 90 days. What can I do about this please? Does anyone else have similar experience? Thank you

joy pitawanik wrote:

Hello I'm Eugene from Ghana. My mvv decision period expires in about 8 days. They have extended the period for another 90 days. What can I do about this please? Does anyone else have similar experience? Thank you

What's the reason for extending the date? Any explanation?

That they need more time to make a decision. But I know of people who applied a month after me and have their results ( regular family mvv applicants)

Hope you are all well.  I just got my visa sticker in my passport and it says it will expire on 28 September. My question is how many days until you get a letter from IND that your resident permit is ready to pick up?

Nougatelli wrote:

Hope you are all well.  I just got my visa sticker in my passport and it says it will expire on 28 September. My question is how many days until you get a letter from IND that your resident permit is ready to pick up?

Usually the letter is sent within 2 weeks. But I could see in MijnIND that the residence permit was ready within 1 week but did not get a letter yet (now almost 2 weeks ago that my wife got the MVV visa).
I have read from other couples that sometimes no letter was received but if it is shown in MijnIND that you can make an appointment to get the permit at the office that you indicated with the application.

Okay thank you. Please correct me if i am wrong, you will get a notification from IND that the resident permit is ready even if I am not yet in the NL?  So they send this notification once you get the MVV sticker and not when I ( in your case its your wife) is not yet in the NL?

Correct, the IND will start the process of making the permit after the MVV was put in the passport and the embassy has let the IND know that.
This does not depend on when you will arrive in the Netherlands.
The MVV visa still must be valid when the permit is picked up, so make sure you arrive in the Netherlands before the visa expires or you risk that the application has to be done again!

It did not take very long for me as my boyfriend and I had ensured that we have all the documents ready in advance. I had to do some legwork for getting my Single Status certificate and then getting my SSC (Single Status certificate) and birth certificated apostilled. We applied on 19th January and received the approval on 2nd March.

Thanks for the reply! I am wondering because my MVV sticker expires on 28 Sept. but i have to finish my exit procedures here in Oman so I might travel to NL on 1st week of Sept. With that being said i would still have 3 weeks before my mvv visa sticker expiration. So i am really hoping the IND sends the letter to my partner before i arrive.

Is your wife there in NL already?

Nougatelli wrote:

Thanks for the reply! I am wondering because my MVV sticker expires on 28 Sept. but i have to finish my exit procedures here in Oman so I might travel to NL on 1st week of Sept. With that being said i would still have 3 weeks before my mvv visa sticker expiration. So i am really hoping the IND sends the letter to my partner before i arrive.

Is your wife there in NL already?

If you want to be sure about the permit have your partner call the IND or look at https://ind.nl/en/Pages/My-IND.aspx

My wife will arrive in the Netherlands Monday July 5th

just asking, but why does it take 5 to 10 business days just for the embassy to place a mvv stamp on the passport? it's not like many people are traveling nowadays due to the covid.

It can't take that long just to apply a sticker, but I suspect they process them in large batches and batch runs of unknown quantities can be unpredictable.

My SiL just got his UK visa stamp, which took much longer than 10 days (I think it was something like 3 months in total from the application, to get his sticker), although you can pay and jump the queue.  So the Dutch system is quite good in comparison to some others.

If my MVV is approved, do I also need to buy travel insurance to enter the Netherlands?

waterfalls2021 wrote:

If my MVV is approved, do I also need to buy travel insurance to enter the Netherlands?

Health Insurance yes; read this (link).

after the mvv stamp is placed in my passport, do i also need to apply for a schengen visa to the netherlands?

waterfalls2021 wrote:

after the mvv stamp is placed in my passport, do i also need to apply for a schengen visa to the netherlands?

The MVV is your (special) visa for traveling to the Netherlands and is valid for 90 days.
In the Netherlands you can pick up your residence permit at an IND office about 2 weeks after the date you got your MVV.

MartijnR wrote:
waterfalls2021 wrote:

The MVV is your (special) visa for traveling to the Netherlands and is valid for 90 days.
In the Netherlands you can pick up your residence permit at an IND office about 2 weeks after the date you got your MVV.

hi martijn. could you post what is the expiration date of your wife's MVV stamp?
what date did your wife arrive in the netherlands?
what date did your wife go to the IND office to pick up the verblijfsvergunning met bepaalde tijd (residence permit)?

thanks

waterfalls2021 wrote:

hi martijn. could you post what is the expiration date of your wife's MVV stamp?
what date did your wife arrive in the netherlands?
what date did your wife go to the IND office to pick up the verblijfsvergunning met bepaalde tijd (residence permit)?

thanks

Hi,

Expiration MVV: 14-09-2021
My wife arrived in the Netherlands on 05-07-2021
We went to the IND office on 06-07-2021
We registered my wife in my city on 07-07-2021

MartijnR wrote:

Hi,

Expiration MVV: 14-09-2021
My wife arrived in the Netherlands on 05-07-2021
We went to the IND office on 06-07-2021
We registered my wife in my city on 07-07-2021

thank you. very helpful to know

Hey Martijn, I am assuming that your wife arrived already in NL. We got the notification from My IND  (the one that you were talking about) but haven't got the hard copy of the letter.

So by your previous experience, did you booked the appointment to the IND even though you haven't received the physical letter or waited for it to arrived?

Many thanks!

Nougatelli wrote:

Hey Martijn, I am assuming that your wife arrived already in NL. We got the notification from My IND  (the one that you were talking about) but haven't got the hard copy of the letter.

So by your previous experience, did you booked the appointment to the IND even though you haven't received the physical letter or waited for it to arrived?

Many thanks!

Hi,

Yes, my wife is now in the Netherlands for almost 3 weeks.
After seeing that the MVV was ready I did book an appointment at the IND office I indicated when I applied for the MVV/TEV.
I never received a letter from the IND that the residence permit was ready and I have read from others that they also never received the letter...

After we registered at the gemeente for the BRP I also noticed a week later in MijnIND / MyIND that the BSN number for my wife was filled in and decided then to also request the DigID.
And maybe it is because I did so, but I never got a letter stating the BSN number for my wife, but I do not know for sure.