What are your MVV experiences?

the waiting part is so hard!! :-( hopefully we all get a positive decision soon

how long did you wait before you got the decision from IND?

i have a question about the 90 days validity of mvv, is it from the date we collect our mvv? or the date we received the notification that our mvv application is successful?

for example I applied the mvv on January 2nd, then received the notification that my mvv application is successful on February 1st and i can take the mvv sticker anytime. If i collected my mvv sticker a month later on March 1st.

does my mvv valid only until May 2nd (90 days after i received the notification, February 1st) ?

or the mvv is valid until May 30th (90 days after i collected my mvv sticker)?

i really need this information to determine when should i apply for the mvv, since i can only leave my country after a certain date (in my case after December 31st), I dont want to apply the mvv too early and I ended up running out of my mvv validity before i move to the NL, but i dont want to apply it too late too.

thank you

Hi,

What do you mean by IND criteria ?

Also , I thought if there are missing documents or unlegalized ones then they'll delay the process by needing more time to revise it. But not directly give a refusal decision. ( That's just cruel for these specific reasons, because they can work it out, it's not a huge deal breaker ).

Hey,

So I still didn't recieve a decision yet.
The deadline is July 2nd.

However, I have a question and it's freaking me out. The closer the deadline the more I'm questionning our application and over worrying.

When we applied for the MVV we uploaded a legalized marriage certificate ( legalized by the municipality of my city in tunisia, by the ministry and by the embassy) and the certificate already states our names, our ages, our dates of birth and it was taken by the municipality in the netherlands and everything about it is fine. However, the birth certificates we added to the online application were not fully legalized like that because it didn't seem as necessary at that time, and the municipality in the netherlands said we'd only need them legalized when I'll finally be in the netherlands. So now I'm thinking, what if that is a problem?? but also if it was, wouldn't the IND already inform us about it ?? because it's only 4 working days left till the deadline. and the website says if anything is missing or not accurate they'll tell us about it and it will only cause some delay.
I don't know what to think of this anymore.

Thanks to anyone who has an accurate answer to this concern.

A friend of mine applied for her girlfriend's visa on april 20 aprox, at that time IND told him the deadline was on july 20th, but  IND took 50 days just to send a letter stating they needed a passport copy, 10 days after that they send him back a letter of acknowledgment sating the new deadline is on august 20. so the process can be much more longer than just 3 months, and that's only to get the MVV, imagine that you also have to add 10-15 extra days to go to the embassy and finish the process and just then you're able to get tickets. this means in practice it can take up to 5 month for your partner to come to the netherlands. it could be a family destroyer process

You can collect the MVV within Three months from recieving the letter.
And then the MVV is valid for 90 days starting from the date you collected it.

I know how frustrating it is. It is a never ending sleepless nights...
We also did my application online and it didnt request a birth certificate. So I dont know why you had to upload yours. But if they did ask for that certificate then I'm almost certain it must be legalized. On the other hand, I think they would have told you about it before. Have you tried contacting them? My boyfriend usually call them every 2 or 3 weeks.

Let us know how things work out for you.. and dont lose hope, I know the wait is frustrating but your relationship is stronger, and eventually you will be together again...

Thanks a lot for your replies.

I totally understand that it can be worse and exceed 3 months if the IND requires more documents. Because, yeaa,  it does take a long time to fix those and have them revised by the IND later. But at least you get notified early in the waiting stage.

I think I'm just freaking out because I have heard nothing at all yet. Therefore I don't know what I could possibly think of.
We did call them many times. They never give us any information about the application. They always say, we can not tell you where we are with the application unless we exceeded the deadline. They would say they're just working on it like the rest of the other 1000 application they have. and if they exceeded the deadline they have the right to decide in a couple of extra weeks. so they never say wether it's ok or not. sometimes it feels like they didn't even see it yet.
We've been extremely patient. And every day is more frustrating than the previous one.  I just don't want to hear a bad news at the last minute that's all.
I think it's only fair and logical to notify people soon if something is off.
So I guess since it's only 4 working days left, I'm hoping everything is smooth.

Hi again,

So we applied for my MVV TVV on April 29.. only yesterday afternoon (June 28)  we got an email saying we needed to send them my partner's last 3 months payslips..which I find BS because my boyfriend started working again in NL last may so he only has 2 payslips. But before we applied we called them once and they said if he didnt have the payslips then he didnt have to upload it, and my  bf also met in person with an IND employee and he said the same thing, but now they ask for it..  at least our application is being processed now..hopefully they dont increase the waiting time.

Any news from your sides?

Love, G

Hey everyone,

I finally recieved the approval letter today. I'm insanely excited! like I said the deadline was july 2nd so 3 days from now.

I wish the best of luck for the rest of you.

Congrats..  exciting news :D

Success in NL with your ♡

congrats!!!

I have a question: I am applying for MVV (which I understand takes up to 3 month a for approval). Within these 3 months, I understand that I am not supposed to be Holland. However, is it possible that in these 3 months I can travel to France or Germany that is within the schengen countries list.

Can someone here please help. Thanks in advance!

😀

Hello everyone,  so we just got an approval from IND..  I'm super hyped :D

In total this is what we did
Applied for the MVV TVV on April 29
June 28 we received an email requiring the last 3 months income statement from my boyfriend
July 1st we got the approval letter..

So a little more than 2 months of waiting... but the stress is nearly over..

To answer the buddy above,

I believe she is allowed to travel within Europe. But it doesnt hurt to give the embassy or the IND a call before.

Success everyone..

congrats!!!

my bf and i got out mvv approval today!!!!! super happy!!!

we applied online last may 26
we got our approval on july 2

our case was handled by zwolle team 4

finally the wait is over!!!

I told you ;)
Good luck coming here  :D

Omg we all got it basically at the same time..
You waited way less than all of us, that's so good... congrats ♡

Cheers !!

Hi and congratulations!

hi dear friends

my application has been sent to IND by my employer on 22th /23th may and still we dont get an answer from IND
just 2 weeks ago they sent a letter and said they need more time.
could you please tell me what is the result ? or is it normal or not ?
why do they need more time sometimes?

alirezam89 wrote:

hi dear friends

my application has been sent to IND by my employer on 22th /23th may and still we dont get an answer from IND
just 2 weeks ago they sent a letter and said they need more time.
could you please tell me what is the result ? or is it normal or not ?
why do they need more time sometimes?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'm assuming your application is as a skilled migrant.  It's unusual for these visas to take more than a couple of weeks to turn around.  These can be delayed by things such as your employer not being registered with IND for skilled migrant purposes, or insufficient, unclear, wrong information.  Maybe the role they wish you to fulfil could be filled by somebody already in Holland with similar skills to yourself.

Whatever, they have to respond, even if it's to say no, within 90 days of a correctly completed application being submitted.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

hi and thank you for welcome and information

but i am sure this position hasn't filled and they send my application to the IND
my sponsor told sometimes they need more time

i am so worry , regarding to my first working day is on september 1th.
do you think is there any big problem ??

alirezam89 wrote:

hi and thank you for welcome and information

but i am sure this position hasn't filled and they send my application to the IND
my sponsor told sometimes they need more time

i am so worry , regarding to my first working day is on september 1th.
do you think is there any big problem ??

Hi again.

I don't know and it would be wrong for me to mislead you by guessing.  All I can say is that it is unusual for skilled migrant visas to take a long time (I've heard of them getting turned around in 7 days); my advice is to contact your employer (sponsor) and tell them you've heard nothing from IND and are worried you may not be able to make all the arrangements to travel, find somewhere to live etc by a 1 September deadline.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello,
I hope ure doing great,  my husband applied  for an MVV we just applied online on the 24 of june and we got an approval today 9th of July.. Im happy  but scared  coz most of ppl said they applied for MVV TVV my husband said that MVV have 5 years not 90 days..  Dono what to think! Coz he applied  for MVV and he didn't  mention  anything about TVV

liaaaa4 wrote:

Hello,
I hope ure doing great,  my husband applied  for an MVV we just applied online on the 24 of june and we got an approval today 9th of July.. Im happy  but scared  coz most of ppl said they applied for MVV TVV my husband said that MVV have 5 years not 90 days..  Dono what to think! Coz he applied  for MVV and he didn't  mention  anything about TVV

Hi.

Are you sure that you don't mean TEV (‘Toegang en Verblijf' : or ‘Entry and Residence Procedure')?

This is the process that permits you to apply for MVV, so is virtually the same thing and nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello,
Oh yes I meant  TEV 😅 i got  mixed  up sorry  about that. And thank you soo much for ur reply 😊
I have one last question I hope I won't  disturb you with it.. 
Do u know what are the requirements that i need to give to the dutch embassy in rabat?.. And should I make an appointment or should  I just go and submit my passport?

Best regards,

liaaaa4 wrote:

Hello,
Oh yes I meant  TEV 😅 i got  mixed  up sorry  about that. And thank you soo much for ur reply 😊
I have one last question I hope I won't  disturb you with it.. 
Do u know what are the requirements that i need to give to the dutch embassy in rabat?.. And should I make an appointment or should  I just go and submit my passport?

Best regards,

Hi again.

I've never done it myself, but according to the IND website, you will receive a letter confirming your application, in that letter it tells you what documents you have to show.  I'll C&P what it says on the website below here:

IND website wrote:

You collect the mvv from the Dutch representation that your partner has filled in on the application form, or where you have submitted the application form.

You must collect the mvv within 3 months of receiving the letter with the decision. Please make an appointment for this with the representation. The letter states which documents you must bring to the appointment. For example, the representation wants to see your original legalised marriage certificate or unmarried status declaration.

Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months on the day you get the mvv.

Did your partner apply in the Netherlands? You then have to provide your biometric information upon collecting the mvv.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

and finally i got the positive answer from IND
my experience is :

my sponsor apply my documents to the IND on may 23th
and the answer received on july 7th

and it took around 7 weeks to say yes

I got my passport  back with the MVV yesterday. You gotta send an email to the embassy requesting a appointment to submit your passport for the MVV.. they will reply within a few days with the appointment date and the documents you need to submit. In my case they needed the certificate of my civil status (single cuz I'm not married to my partner) the MVV application form which they should attach to the email, a passport picture, and the certificate that shows you passed the civic integration exam.

I submitted my passport on the 3rd of July and I picked it up on the 12th.. so 9 days :D

Hello everyone
I am very confused about the proof of the medical situation, do I have to submit it along with the other documents? they require the physicians to be registered in the Dutch Individual Healthcare Professions Act ( or BIG) and I don't know where to find such physicians outside Netherland!

Huda91 wrote:

Hello everyone
I am very confused about the proof of the medical situation, do I have to submit it along with the other documents? they require the physicians to be registered in the Dutch Individual Healthcare Professions Act ( or BIG) and I don't know where to find such physicians outside Netherland!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'm a bit confused by your question, to be honest; what "proof of the medical ....." have you been asked for and by who?

Cynic
Expat Team

It's one of the appendices within the MVV application form I have downloaded it from this website https://ind.nl/en/forms/7518.pdf
As I am intending to go through the written application

Hello,

I got accepted in the University of Amsterdam and they are currently applying for my MVV.

I am concerned as the program starts in 6 weeks and everywhere I read online it says that it takes around 12 weeks to process the MVV and to receive it at the local embassy after being interview.

Can someone please share their experience and clarify if I have a chance of receiving the MVV before the start of the program?

Thanks,
Mario

Huda 91,

I had the same question. If you are applying to be with your partner you can disregard the medical forms. They just add all forms together but not all of them apply for the same situation.

Thanks a lot ! 💐💐

Hello,
I am moving to the Netherlands in the first week of September 2019 on a long term visa. Can someone suggest where to find genuine and cheap bachelor accommodation close to the Amsterdam area?

Best,

Hello Everybody,

I am from Indonesia and I am living in Bahrain.
I want to come over to my partner in the Netherlands.
And I went to the Netherlands on last month to visit him.

I want to ask also about the civic examination.
If we are registered partner, do I still need to do exams for MVV?

Please if you guys able to answer my question I will really appreciate.
Thank you

Yes, you are obligated to do inburgeringsexamen, even when you have married. Good luck!

NoviaKristiana wrote:

Hello Everybody,

I am from Indonesia and I am living in Bahrain.
I want to come over to my partner in the Netherlands.
And I went to the Netherlands on last month to visit him.

I want to ask also about the civic examination.
If we are registered partner, do I still need to do exams for MVV?

Please if you guys able to answer my question I will really appreciate.
Thank you

Hello, i am curious about the MVV procedure and documents. What are the reasons why IND reject some applications.

Hope i can get an answer from you guys

Thank you.