Profession changing in iqama

yes i tried but they mentioned there we have to take appointment from istiqdam then they will review our professions and documents . can i apply visit family visa ?

No you should apply permanent family visa through istiqdam.you have to take appointment from istiqdam if your documents are ready.
https://lifeinsaudiarabia.net/blog/2014 … -visa/amp/

Check this link

but i can also apply for visit ?

For visit no need to go to istiqdam apply it online.but visit visas will be opened after hajj.but you can try id its rejected they will ask you to apply after hajj.

No bro visit visas r open for ur wife,alhamdulilah I got my visit visa

That's good sister that you got visa.

Profession change likely to close coming November....

talat jamal wrote:

Profession change likely to close coming November....

Would you mind sharing the source for this information?

HR...probably

I think last year profession change was banned in November that's why people are creating stories.as mentioned by ministry that from Muharam new rules for profession change will be implemented so no ban on profession change is going to be happened INSHALLAH.

hope so...inshallah..

I have a question any engineer here who changed his profession to technician successfully get permanent family visa?

Sadafiq wrote:

I have a question any engineer here who changed his profession to technician successfully get permanent family visa?

AFAIK, Professions come under "Technician" category are not eligible to get the permanent family visa but they are eligible to get family visit visa.

creator wrote:
Sadafiq wrote:

AFAIK, Professions come under "Technician" category are not eligible to get the permanent family visa but they are eligible to get family visit visa.

I saw computer technician and computer programmer in many list to get permanent family visa. so Computer technician can have permanent family visa is it correct ?

Technician can get permanent visa.... if you have degree engineering register with engineering council. you can get permanent family visa.

check this link

wraza wrote:
creator wrote:

I saw computer technician and computer programmer in many list to get permanent family visa. so Computer technician can have permanent family visa is it correct ?

I think degree needs to be attested prior to apply for the permanent family visa. Looking forward to seeing an experienced person's reply on this

wraza wrote:

check this link

Check featured comment on this link.
i am also pasting it here

This is just to help the people out there.

Yes person with iqama "Computer Technician" can bring his family to KSA permanently. My husband degree is of engineering but iqama provided by the company is of computer technician.

Here is the procedure

Get you degree attested from "saudi culture" from your home country.
Document needed

1) Original degree attested by HEC and MOFA
2) 2-Copies of your Iqama (Signed and stamp by your company and it should be on your company letter head)
3) 2-Copies of your passport 1st page ( Signed and stamp by your company and it should be on your company letter head)
4) Copy of your id-card
5) Letter from Saudi employer in the name of Saudi Culture – attested by Saudi Chamber
6) Job Agreement / Contract – attested by Saudi Chamber and Saudi Foreign Office
7) Bonafide Letter from degree issuing university

Important note: Designation should be same on letter and job agreement as you have on your IQAMA. If its not same , it will create problem for you. (i.e if you are working as a senior software engineer but on your iqama you have computer technician then do tell your employer to mention computer technician on your documents instead of senior software engineer.)

After getting all these documents:

You have to courier 1copy of iqama and 1 copy of passport (which was signed and stamped by your company) to your home country Saudi Culture Office.

Remaining documents will be submitted to Saudi culture along with your Degree at your home country.

Important note: Your name and your father name on degree should be same as you have on your iqama. otherwise they will not accept your degree.

After your degree attestation

Get your Nikkah nama attested from Mofa before saudi embassy

Get your degree and Nikkah nama attested from saudi embassy from your home country. (its an easy process. you just have to submit your id card copy along with your nikkah nama)

After all this procedure from your home country now the final stage is to get Yellow Paper.

Ask your company to provide you the supporting documents for visa but do keep this thing in mind that supporting documents should mention your designation as of iqama.

Now take online appointment. (be careful you have to take appointment from the city your employer is register, if they are register from dammam and you are in riyadh than you have to travel all the way to dammam to get Yellow paper) .

Do tel me if anyone need any help. I just went through all this process so i am here to help. It 6 month for us to get the yellow paper. As procedure was quit complicated

My iqama profession is "Mechanici seyanah munshah sanaiyah"
(Industrial Establishment Mecha). when i apply for parmanent visa..they refuse...i have 3 year diploma in mechanical engineering, by profession i am a draftsman.  stemp with saudi embassy home country. what profession i change for parmanent family visa... now iqama profession possible to change Please reply

wraza wrote:

check this link

Exactly, this source makes some sense

creator wrote:
wraza wrote:

check this link

Exactly, this source makes some sense

My brother and one of my friend already brought their family by computer programmer profession, and they didn't need to get registered for saudi council. Only attested degrees are required by saudi embassy and culture from home country

My husband's friend has computer technician profession visa he easily got permanent visa for family online

But online u don't need any documents. But if u change ur profession u can't apply online u can apply only Through istiqdam and there they want ur degree that matches ur profession

My husband is computer engineer his hr saying if u change ur profession to computer technician that will not match ur certificate hence they will not issue u family permanent visa so u should wait till engineer profession to open

Sadafiq wrote:

My husband is computer engineer his hr saying if u change ur profession to computer technician that will not match ur certificate hence they will not issue u family permanent visa so u should wait till engineer profession to open

Sounds like HR has some hidden agenda, Computer programmer suits well for a person who holds CS degree. Ask him to change to Computer Programmer

It is giving error when changing to computer programmer

Sadafiq wrote:

It is giving error when changing to computer programmer

Can you recall that error?

Hi ,

Could you please answer my few questions?

I understand from your discussion in the forum that you had successfully changed your profession. Could you please elaborate as to how you had done it? I can call you if you do not mind to discuss further.

I have attested degree, is that enough to change the profession to Engineer or will it require the Saudi Council of Engineers membership?

Once the HR raises the request in the portal in how many hours/days will the change in profession get reflected in the ABSHER?

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks.
Mohammad Fahad Riaz

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security

My friend got permanent family visa on technician profession and profession mentioned on his iqama and company introduction letter was different but he got visa last week.its all about your luck sometimes jawazat officials are very rude and if is your day then you will get visa without any issue.

We apologize for not fulfilling your professional application for the required engineering and medical profession, which requires a certificate of qualification from the competent authorities of the profession, which requires a review of the client library, so please submit the application through the work office.
This is translation of that error

Brother hassan did u apply for permanent family visa?

Sister what profession was written on your husband's friend company letter?it was same as iqama or different?what I know about permanent visa is that your profession must match your degree.but everyone has different experience.I have appointment in istiqdam and my documents are ready that's why asked about your husband's friend's profession so I may take precautions.

Yes sister I have applied let's see what happens.May Allah make everything easy and may I get my wife's visa easily.bcz everyone is telling different stories.

mfr.rits wrote:

I understand from your discussion in the forum that you had successfully changed your profession. Could you please elaborate as to how you had done it?

Yes, I did. I changed my profession to "Computer Technician".

mfr.rits wrote:

I have attested degree, is that enough to change the profession to Engineer or will it require the Saudi Council of Engineers membership?

All "Engineer" professions need to be passed through the Saudi Council of Engg( As I heard, which is not possible at this time). Based on your degree and profession find a non-engineer profession which satisfies your requirements( Ex. Permanent family visa).

mfr.rits wrote:

Once the HR raises the request in the portal in how many hours/days will the change in profession get reflected in the ABSHER?

Less than 2 days

In my case, I hold a CS Engg. degree which is not attested hence I could not change my profession to "Computer Programmer" . FYI, As per my HR, changing professions for Doctors and Engineers are still paused for an obvious reason

I also have engineering degree and changed my profession to technician within two days and got new iqama.

Brother my husband friend came on computer network technician visa so he was eligible to apply online and online u don't require a single document

Gud luck for ur family visa. Everything is so confusing here

creator wrote:
mfr.rits wrote:

I understand from your discussion in the forum that you had successfully changed your profession. Could you please elaborate as to how you had done it?

Yes, I did. I changed my profession to "Computer Technician".

mfr.rits wrote:

All "Engineer" professions need to be passed through the Saudi Council of Engg( As I heard, which is not possible at this time). Based on your degree and profession find a non-engineer profession which satisfies your requirements( Ex. Permanent family visa).

mfr.rits wrote:

Less than 2 days

In my case, I hold a CS Engg. degree which is not attested hence I could not change my profession to "Computer Programmer" . FYI, As per my HR, changing professions for Doctors and Engineers are still paused for an obvious reason

Brother u have computer science degree or computer engineer degree?  And do you register to Saudi council? And one more question do u apply for family permanent visa?

Sadafiq wrote:

Brother u have computer science degree or computer engineer degree?  And do you register to Saudi council? And one more question do u apply for family permanent visa?

I hold a "Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science And Engineering" degree. I ain't registered in Saudi Council Of Engg. I have not applied for the family permanent visa

Ok thanx