Husban on Wife Visa (Mahram) can work in KSA if he gets a job?

Aslamualikum,

I have been here in Riyadh for the last 6 months. My husband is with me as Mahram (Spouse Visa). I need to know if he can work if he gets a job here. As he is under my sponsorship (Kafalah), can he transfer his sponsorship to his new employer. It si written on his Iqama in red color that he is not allowed to work. (تابع غير مصرح له بالعمل). I have asked someone and they told me that he cannot work on this Iqama but can work once Iqama is transferred.

Please advise if he can work and what is the procedure to transfer the Iqama/sponsorship?

He will need to transfer his sponsorship from you to his new employer. Once the transfer is complete, his new iqama will not show this red statement. Instead, it will have his work permit no. just like yours.

Thanks for the reply. My main concern is that this is possible that I being a non saudi sponsor can transfer sponsorship of my husband to his new employer.

What is the procedure ? Do my employer have to give some sort of permission ?

If your husband has a confirmed job offer, his new employer will ask you to provide a NOC letter stating that you are willing to release the sponsorship of your husband to the new employer. That's your part. Everything else will be taken care of by the new employer.

By releasing your husband to the new employer, you are giving his neck to them! They can deport him if he doesn't pass their probation period or if he want to go to work for another employer. So, you must make sure that the new employer is flexible!

I do not think your employer has to give any permission. Your permission should be enough.

raoyasir wrote:

Aslamualikum,

I have been here in Riyadh for the last 6 months. My husband is with me as Mahram (Spouse Visa). I need to know if he can work if he gets a job here. As he is under my sponsorship (Kafalah), can he transfer his sponsorship to his new employer. It si written on his Iqama in red color that he is not allowed to work. (تابع غير مصرح له بالعمل). I have asked someone and they told me that he cannot work on this Iqama but can work once Iqama is transferred.

Please advise if he can work and what is the procedure to transfer the Iqama/sponsorship?

Transferring Sponsorship is not a big deal if he has any offer from companies here. Employer can process his documents easily for his sponsorship. From your side they only require approval letter which will be issued from your sponsor.

Cheers

Thanks for the help.

I have asked someone. They told me that I just need to sign a form of Sponsorship Transfer from me to his employer and get it stamped from Jawaza authorities.
What approval you are talking about ?

raoyasir wrote:

Thanks for the help.

I have asked someone. They told me that I just need to sign a form of Sponsorship Transfer from me to his employer and get it stamped from Jawaza authorities.
What approval you are talking about ?

Exactly yea that's right .. Well Form of transfer sponsorship is basically an approval letter from your side to the employer of your husband.

http://www.saudi-sons.com/ar/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Tanazol1.jpg

Fill this form , and if your husband has a valid offer , he can transfer his sponsorship easily !

There isn't any work for you , except to fill this form up !

Thank you so much.
Is this true for all or it may differ for Wife's sponsor that they issue transferable Iqama or not?

JazakAllah :):)

It's for all :)

Don't get too worried :)

Is it true that currently the husband under wife sponsorship is not allowed to transfer to a company to work anymore by MOL even there is a company who wants to hire you?

Hello
Have you got any help on your query from anyone?
If not I'll be going through this process very soon then I'll let you know.

Aslamualikum

I think you just need to apply at you institute (University) contract department and they will ask you what they need from you.

Assallam o alikum.

I hope you could guide me in a matter important to me & my family. I would like to know what is the official govt policy for Husband who wants to transfer Iqama sponsorship from wife to company?

My wife is a doctor in a local hospital in Jeddah. I came to KSA with her on family visa. Now I have a job offer and my employer told me they want to apply for a new visa for me.

I told them that Iqama transfer process is much simpler as I know a few people with similar case as mine having Iqama transferred from Wife to Company.

But my new employer does not seem to know about this process and said that they will get back to me after consulting their PR manager.

I am not sure what could be the reason why my employer is unaware of Iqama transfer process or has there been any change recently in the Transfer regulations?

Pls advice,

Yawar

Hi,

He can not work while he is in your (kafala), it's true he can transfer his igamma from you to the new employer, the procedure is very simple: He need a letter from the new employer stating that he is in need of your husband's experience, with that letter the new employer will write a letter to Labor Department office to change his title to the new job title, then the labor Department will notify the Passport Department to change his Igamm to the new employer.

I came to KSA under my wife's Iggama, and then transferred to my current job as a legal consultant in Riyadh..

Hi,

There is reason for that; new visa for them means you can NOT work for any one else if you deiced to leave them, but if they transferred your visa from your wife to them, that means they will have no right to deny you working for any other employer, so they want you to to go back to your country, go through visa process and come back again in,

Basically they control you if they issue you your entry visa, my advice to you is this;

Don't do it, look for some one else who can accept to transfer from your wife, otherwise you will regret it.

Thanks for  your feedback legallegal2007. appreciate it.

Aslk Mr Yaver

I have a inquiry about the Mahram status transfer ... I am mechanical engineer working as system consultant for a 10 years  ..
My wife joined in Umm Ul Qura ,Makkah as assistant professor ..I am residing in Makkah now I have a offer in to join as system consultant....I approached to university administration to get NOC ..they refused
Now please tell me
1) Can university can deny .to give me a NOC letter ..as wife is my kafeel ( May be approach was wrong)
2) If  my wife is ready to give me a NOC ..Can university check her to do so
3) When I shall get transferred my sponsorship ...It is must to arrange a new mehram ( Wife's brother or father) at my place

Please guide me to get my sponsorship transferred ....you may call me as well 0564987562

Aslamualikum Brother
You need nothing from university. Your kafeel is your wife. You just need the NOC or release letter or nakal kafala from your wife.
University is not your sponsor.
After iqama transfer , your company will be your new kafeel.
Your wife's university has nothing to do with it.
They will not allow or disallow her.

Your wife will not need anyone to be her mahram.

Thanks a lot for use full information ...Please bullet the steps to start " Sponsorship transfer"

Regards

1-Just take the offer letter from your company and a request to your wife for transfer of sponsorship
2-Go to jawazat and fill Naqal Kafala form signed by your wife with your iqama , offer and passport. they will sign it and stamp it.
3-Just give that signed and stamped from to your company along with Iqama and passport

That's it !

wait for the transfer and your company will update you.

Aoa,   had somebody got mehram iqama transfer without the help of noc from university?. Thanks

Aslamualikum
Formal NOC from university is not required. University may give a letter that need no further attestation from anyone.
As you are under your wife's sponsorship. So your university has no liability for you or your sponsorship.
You can request them to give a letter on behalf of your wife on their letter head.

Walikumsalam W.r.w.B

It depends but mostly it takes less than a month if everything goes smooth.
Fee has to paid by your sponsor if the request is approved by ministry of labour. Everything need to be done after the request is accepted my MOL.

Within a month if eeverything goes smooth

Today I got reply not approved ...
Can anyone tell me what will be the next step in this case
Thanks in advance

In that case your new company will have to apply again with all the required documents. MOL use to tell the reason to the employer for the rejection. Ask them. If they need anything from you, they will let you know.

Thanxs for the reply sir

Can't work with such visa but you can transfer sponsorship to any company

My husband is under my sponsorship  in KSA and he found a very good job , but unfortunately his sponsorship couldn't be changed he was told it's impossible to transfer this iqama as he came here as mehrim so not allowed to work .. they were able to change the occupation in abshir but sponsorship still the same .. His Govt Relation officer is a very difficult man he told him to go on final exit but still no guarantee if he could get visa immediately .. can anyone help me in this regard

What are the additional documents required to get this form from jawazat please sir reply me