Jobs that allow visa for dependants

Perhaps this post is better suited here as it is related to jobs that offer dependents to come with you e.g. Language schools that offer 2 dependents to travel with you.

So I have been scratching my head at the jobs that offer visa for dependents and wondered if someone here can shed some light.

Hypothetically speaking, if I was offered such a job, can both my wife and I travel to Kuwait at the same time or am I required to go first and then sponsor my wife to join me? If this is the case, can someone advise me how long this process takes? Has anyone had experience moving to Kuwait on a for work purposes where the employer has offered visa for dependent too?

:unsure

Shaz,

If you are bearing British passports, you will both get visit visa on arrival that allows you to stay for three months. After three months you need to leave for a day and then you can come back again. There are other nationalities that get visa on arrival as well.

If not, you are the one who needs to sponsor a family member. I doubt your employer would do it as they get a limited number of visas for their employees....but you will quickly learn that there are no strict rules here and anything is possible.

Ribosom wrote:

Shaz,

If you are bearing British passports, you will both get visit visa on arrival that allows you to stay for three months. After three months you need to leave for a day and then you can come back again. There are other nationalities that get visa on arrival as well.

If not, you are the one who needs to sponsor a family member. I doubt your employer would do it as they get a limited number of visas for their employees....but you will quickly learn that there are no strict rules here and anything is possible.

Thank you very much for your response Ribosom. Two things I need to clarify.

1: Would it be a visit visa or a Work visa? I would assume that working on a visit visa is illegal and that employers would be offering work visas to employees coming from abroad? Would I not be on a work visa and my wife on a visit visa?

2: My wife is Panamanian, does this nationality come under the list that can get a visa upon arrival?

Yes, it would be a visit visa for her, but unfortunately Panama is not on the list of countries eligible for one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Kuwait

So your only option is to wait for your work permit to be done (which can take a month if your employer is vigilant about it up to 10+ months if you are not lucky), and then you can sponsor your dependent if your salary is high enough.

Of course, she can get in with a "visit commercial visa" or whatever they call it, but a company needs to sponsor it. That one allows a stay up to one month.

Hope it helps, let me know if you have any more questions.

Apologies for the delay and thank you Ribosom for your response. This has been really useful. I have now been offered the job at the British Council and after my referencing hopefully we could get the visa process sorted. I am slightly worried about my wife however as we hoped that we would both go together when I travel to Kuwait. But from my understanding of what you have said it seems she will have to wait in the UK until her visit visa is processed. :-(

Yes, that is unfortunately correct, but it will be eventually done and you will be reunited. :)