Any info about moving to Mauritius as a female spouse

Hi!

I'm hoping to move to Mauritius this year as a female spouse to a Mauritian citizen (born in Mauritius) with my daughter who has a Mauritian passport....I'm currently gathering the paperwork together but am stuck on a few points and wondering if anyone can help?!

Firstly, when entering do I need to get a spouse visa stamp and present my documents at immigration, and secondly, do I need a return travel ticket?

Also, should my daughter travel on her Mauritian passport or can she travel on her UK passport?

Thanks for any help you can give me...we've been looking into this for ages and the answers keep changing! 😁

Hi,

I just moved to Mauritius in April as a female spouse to a Mauritian born with a child who has a Mauritian and British passport... :)

You don't need any paperwork to enter Mauritius. I flew with Emirates on a one way ticket only. At the airport I was asked for documents but we told them that I don't need this because I am married to a Mauritian. She went to double check and all good. In Mauritius no questions were asked really. A note was put in my passport for 90 days stay.

Then we went to apply for residence permit (spouse section at Sterling House Port Louis). You will find all that you need online. Only thing we didn't have was an apostille on our wedding certificate (we got married in UK, if married in Mauritius this is not needed). Also I needed an apostille on my birth certificate (born in Germany) - not sure if this would be necessary for you too. You would need the apostille to be done in UK. It took about a month to get the residence permit...

If you can't find what you need to present for your resident permit, do let me know. My husband surely remembers what documents we had to get!

When we went to Mauritius, I had my son travel on his Mauritian passport. I just thought it would be easier and no questions ask...

Where are your planning to live? When you arrive, we could meet up...

Good luck!

Anne

Hi!
Thanks so much for that...I've been worrying so much! I'm getting my wedding certificate and birth certificate apostilled at the moment! One more question....the police morality certificate 😁 Did you have to get the ACRO certificate? I can't find out much info about getting a morality certificate in the UK....only about the ACRO!
I'm hoping to come out in August so not long left!
Thankyou again!
Kirsty x

Hi, I think its the same ACRO and police morality certificate. I did the ACRO and it was accepted.

Good luck with everything!!! Do contact me if you fancy a meet up...

Anne x

well speaking form experience  I am Mauritian and cam elast year to retire permanently with my (UK) Husband

1  would strongly suggest your daughter comes into the country on her Mauritian passport.

Assuming you guys ARE  retiring here , you need ot apply for a permanent residency permit as the wife of your husband

The form is relatively simple BUT the requirements are a little onerous and you REALLY need to prepare the paperwork LONG TIME b4 you come as you need certified copies of your birth / marriage certificates etc etc and most importantly you will need a police certification of you not have a record  it took us 6-9 months to finally get it all sorted PRIMARILY BECAUSE  the people at the department don't really understand what is required either!!!!!

but we cracked it!!!!!

Can i apply for my husbands residency on line when i get all his documents ready as we would like to retire soon. My husband is british and am mauritian. We can scan all the original docs to the sterling house. Am sure there is an email address. Thanks for advices. Annie H

Hello Folks,

I am new to this forum…I have an enquiry about spouse visa.

My Indian friend is already married to a Mauritian national in Mumbai last year (before pandemic) and my friend is planning to move this year as a male spouse to a Mauritian citizen. I am just helping him out for gathering info about the paperwork. Will appreciate if someone can help me on below points.

1. While coming to Mauritius, do he need to apply for spouse visa at Mauritius High Commission in India itself or the same can be stamped at SSR airport?

2. Do he need to come in Mauritius on one way ticket or return airfare?

3. While filling up the entry application form, what do he need to mention in front of point “Purpose of Application” and “Duration of stay”?

4. Generally which visa do they stamp on a passport of spouse, i.e. Marriage, Spouse, Tourist so it can be converted into residency permit later?

Hopeful to get any suggestion from members since haven't got any answer yet from passport and immigration authority in Mauritius.

Hello Shreyas25,

Visa, permits etc will be under the authority of the Mauritian Passport and Immigration services...return ticket is not mandatory, they can show their marriage certificate at the airport.

From there, i think that he has around 6 months to complete procedures and formalities for the resident permit.

Procedure for resident permit can be found here : https://passport.govmu.org/passport/?page_id=562

Pleas make sure that they have all documents.  New birth certificate etc

Regards,
Anou

Hello Anou,

Thanks for your feedback. I ve already got this info through google search.

Pls go through your given link : https://passport.govmu.org/passport/?page_id=562

Check the requirement for Male Spouse and click on number 1 to view the application form to enter Mauritius. Now in that application form, you can see the points “Purpose of Application” and “Duration of stay” at the bottom. My question is what to fill up there by the male spouse of Mauritian national at the SSR airport.

I need the clarification on above points only and the rest procedure is well noted. Will appreciate your feedback. Have a good day.

Regards,
Shreyas

It is quite straightforward

Purpose :
stay with Mauritian spouse
Stay to carry out family life
etc,

Duration : Indefinite (since he doesn't know if/when he's going back)

In any case, officers will assist him.

Thanks for your speedy response. One more question, whether RT-PCR test is still required even though the traveller is fully vaccinated with AstraZeneca (Covishield) dose and 28 days already over after the dose.

Yes PCR is required + proof of vaccination
To enter Mauritius, you must present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before departure.