Affidavit for Identification

Hi,
I need someone, a Solicitor I think to draw up Affidvid Papers, for me, just so I can swear that I am the same Person, as all the different names on my Identification. My passport for example, says Kate, but my Birth Certificate says Katie, and my Drivers lisence, is somehow missing my Middle name, with only an Initial.

I am Immigrating here, from Australia, and I need it, just to Conduct a Police Clearance here.

Advice is Very appreciated!
Thanks,;)
Kate

Hi Kate

Just found this thread as my wife is going through exactly the same process with exactly the same errors on Passport, Birth cert, Marriage cert etc. We have been told we need to go to a Lawyer to get the Affidavit done and then to the Courts with two witnesses, not related, to swear under Oath. Can you or anyone confirm this is the process.  Hope you got it done by now   ;)  ..............

Hi,
This is the Incorrect Process. You need an Affadavid, but it's not a Criminal case or anything, so the Witness are Not Needed. I was given, the wrong advice, about needing 2 x witness. I know a Solicitor in Port Louis, who can Prepare this for you, at a low fee, you Still need to attend the Mauritius court House. Do you want their Contact Details? I'll check, if they are available. Cheers, Kate

Hi,
Pls call Solicitor Yogina Yerriah, on ***. I'm from Australia, and your Wife?:). They have a Nice little Office, in Port Louis. Witness, not needed. This is another, kind of Affidavit, a more Serious one.

rgds,
Kate

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : Kindly exchange contact details by using the private messaging system please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Kate

Thank you for clarifying and the contact, that makes it so much easier hopefully. Will give her a call probably next week now. We are both Irish but spent some years in Australia before coming here. Even no witnesses helps I thought the two witnesses was a bit excessive alright.

Again many many thanks

Hi,

I'm in the same position with affidavit to make prepare regarding discrepancy between name on passport and birth certificate :/
Can also ask you the information to reach Mrs. Yogina Yerriah?

Thank you in advance!

Alexe

Hi Alexel,

Sure. Yogina is on: ***.
Solicitor in Port Louis.

Very nice lady.
She, is in Lockdown, at the Moment,
but you can call, her and see if she can start to, help you from Home.

Cheers,
Kate

Hi Alexia,

Sorry, Number is: ***

Kate:)

I'm in a potentially similar situation as I'm applying for my passport and my fathers name and my name are different on our birth certificate. I was told an affidavit from the Supreme Court in Mauritius is what they will accept. Does this solicitor help with this?

Hi! I have the same issue - were you able to figure this out? Could you please guide me?

Hi Arshrainaofficial,

yes- Sure. Call or Txt Ms****. U can tell her, its a  Name discrepancy, with your Identification: and  you need a "Affidavit"

Like Ms Kate.

I'm her Friend:)

Cheers,
Kate

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : please share personal details in private

Thank you!

Hi,

Did you get the Affidavit done?

Tks,

Hope So,

Kate 🙂

@katechady @katechady

hi can you please share the lawyer details where you did your affidavit

you mentioned low cost

my wtsapp is +***

thank you

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you

I don't  Know. The Lady, don't Talk with me anymore. I'm Sure: her Fees & Company Changed.

the Lady; is Angry, so I Can't help you.

sorry,

Expat since: 2018 from Australia.

Rgds,

Kate :)

Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply.

@katechady I need to change my proxy and I will be in Mauritius in 2 months. Please share your attorney informatio so that I can cotact them.

Thanks

Are you still having issues with this. I just did my own affidavit stating that I was the same person and it was fine. Do not get ripped off thinking it is something you need a lawyer to do. Just use same format as they do and it is fine.

@Devendran Hi I am a Barrister in Mauritius ***

Thanks

Moderated by Cheryl last year
Reason : Self promotion